View Poll Results: Do you think SPQR 6.0 should be Unified Rome?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote to keep 3 families in SPQR 6.0

60 44.12%
  • Vote to make SPQR 6.0 Unified under one family

76 55.88%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SPQR 6.0 3 family or Unified?

Default SPQR 6.0 3 family or Unified?

Hello,

This thread and poll are to see what people think on whether SPQR 6.0 should be 3 Family or Unified Roman with the senate still ingame. I have no intention of removing the senate for a unified Rome, I think taking Rome if a fun challenge that should be left in.

Let me hear your voice, and please only vote under your user name, no login as another user to raise your vote. I want honest individual opinions. :-)

Lt1956
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

I liked it with the 3 families, I always helped them conquering a lot ^^ But what are you going to do with the faction slots of the other 2 families? Are you going to make now factions? If so, which? And is that going to effect the gameplay of SPQR (balance and such) Aah so many questions...so few answers...Although i stated before i liked it with the 3 families, i would also like a unified Rome. It makes it a bit harder for you, because you'll have to concentrate on more enemies

EDIT: just to be clear: I haven't voted yet, I want to know the answers to my questions first :wink:
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Unified. Having one roman family is much more of a challenge as you have mutiple enemies to face.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

I agree with Lusted, much more of a challenge trying to maintain 3 fronts at once, plus you'll never have 20 family members just sitting around.

No additional factions, I never felt tons of factions are needed as most of teh time only a hand full remain toward the middle of the game. They will just die like the other 2 factions. Gamplay would be uneffected for the AI, except Unified Rome would be harder for players that play Romans, and also more of a challenge taking the romans land when playing another faction.

I have no intention of doing both only one or the other, The thought of a unified rome came for the AI's inability to make decent progress and army compositions. Also this frees up the entire ZOR for LEgion titles.

I am leaning toward Unified Rome, but am curious to opinions. I also plan to keep the senate as its good for a civil war or take over so to speak. ;-) Anyway 3 nasty praetorian armies floating around isnt something to take lightly!

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

I vote unified. The other families just can't handle the gauls/greeks/carths.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when Julli posses Spain, Gaul, Half of Germany and is making landings on Britainia. When Scippi only has Messana and Brutti only Apollonia.

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

unified, a whole lot more challenging, particularly as you are leaving SPQR there....
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

I agree that unified would be better.

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

Three families. I like the Civil War.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

I thought there was gonna be an 'optional' add-on for unified Rome... anyway I vote for UNIFIED Rome... more challenge ;-)

Unified, i like to make a slow progress in my campaign (checking every option i can do in a single turn). So I think that a unified rome will make the game much more challenging, and letting the player to experience all type of enemys from the start and not only after the civil war when you are already invincible.

Also, I think it will make the game much more realistic.
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." - Aristotle

i voted for unified rome...

and i also agree with LT about keeping the senate...

Adler's Avatar Libertus

I am a unified fan, but having said that, LT if you want to make it 3 families, I can make the unified file with Rome still SPQR rather than some random Island (I use the random island as I like to keep the missions & rewards coming... I make myself do all the missions so it keeps it interesting).

You should them be able to ad unified Rome in as Provincial campaign if wanted. I am happy to do some play testing on it at the moment. My personal experience is it is harder as one faction... but I might just be unlucky in this campaign of 5 I am playing.
    I have traversed Roman ruins from Israel, Egypt, Greece, Jordan & Italy.

Believe me, playing the game is more fun!

Chris

Well, since my questions are now answered, I've voted unified: just to get an even more challenging game
    Last edited by Goscinio; January 08, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Can we choose what we want in 6.0? Or will there be only one option in 6.0?

If so, I would like the 3 families. I'm not a RTW wuss, but I don't have the time to play a lot of SPQR. Unified Rome means I may have to the fight the triple amount of battles in one turn. That would mean a turn or 3 per day. Which would frustrate me, because I like to see some results after my struggles.
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Dr Fox's Avatar Civis

well if your making one or the other unified definitly to me spqr is about hard gameplay and lots of battles and fun so in my opinion why not make that experience even better and have a much harder campaign trying to defend 3 fronts instead of one however i am curious whether the senate will still be present because if they aren't then it would be even harder and you cant get bailed out after the 500th gaul, greek or carthage or makedon full stack army heads your way
    Rock!?!?!

Yes, but when civil war arrives, it'll be hard to get Rome, or didn't you notice the full stack praetorian armies :wink:

Dr Fox's Avatar Civis

yeh i noticed em i mean who doesn't them sitting their with there full stack praetorians damn their comfortable scenario and purple banners however alot of people find it very hard to survive against the gauls early on let alone having to stretch other resources to defend against greece and carthage now with 3 fronts if there is no senate then it means those full stack praetorians can't come and help you out or of course you could script that when you have enough popularity with the opeople rome revolts and you have the praetorian full stacks just for trying to retake rome
    Rock!?!?!

3 families is more fun!!! Let them grow strong, with a huge army, than start a war against them!!!
    This mod is so much fun!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast