Thread: 98% western culture in a settlement, yet it's still stuck on "Eastern Civilized"

Default 98% western culture in a settlement, yet it's still stuck on "Eastern Civilized"

Playing as Rome, I just captured the settlement of Lilybaeum from the Greek rebels. The problem is, the culture in the settlement is 98% Western, yet the settlement itself still thinks it's Eastern civilized culture right now and I'm taking a big penalty on public order as a result. How do I fix this?

Wegen7 die Große's Avatar Domesticus
    In the country side of the once glorious British Isles.

Default Re: 98% western culture in a settlement, yet it's still stuck on "Eastern Civilized"

I think you need to get it to 100 percent or destroy all eastern buildings in the settlement(the latter of which I am not sure) and if not then it might be a bug.
    Deutschland Gloria
    Heil dir im Siegerkranz
    Preußens Gloria - Florian Geyer lied *new*
    Königgrätzer Marsch - Ostpreussen Marsch *new*
    Imperial German Navy
    Preußenlied - Ich bin ein Preuße. kennt ihr meine Farben
    Schneidige Truppe
    Die Wacht am Rhein
    Was ist des Deutschen Vaterland
    Das Lied der Deutschen
    Deutschland Gloria (zwei)
    Tannenberg Marsch - Waidmannsheil
    Düppeler Sturm Marsch - Frei Weg
    Erika - Jagdgeschwader Richthofen *new*
    Viktoria Marsche - Unter dem Grillenbanner *new*
    Von der Tann - Siegesmarsch *new*
    EDELWEIß - Badenweiler Marsch *new*
    Alter Jägermarsch *new* - Panzerlied *new version*
    Glory to Britannia
    God Save The Queen
    The British Grenadiers.
    The British Grenadiers Song

DeutschenVaterland's Channel, here are some good videos, for people who enjoy the none liberal Deutschlands/Germanys.
    Hail to the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, rulers of the Commonwealth
    and Belgium!
    Look further down for the rest of my sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Tart Toter View Post
    people in this country (USA) are ing idiots when it comes to understanding politics and the like.
    "People can take whatever they want from a sentence and display it in any fashion they want to" That alone can prove democracy is a failure!

Welthauptstadt Germania eins
    Welthauptstadt Germania zwei

What is a joke without pissing someone else off?
    A bad joke!

Default Re: 98% western culture in a settlement, yet it's still stuck on "Eastern Civilized"

Quote Originally Posted by Ways7theGREAT View Post
    I think you need to get it to 100 percent and if not then it might be a bug.
    Seems odd that you'd have to get it to 100 percent like that. Amusingly, if the settlement was split 50/50, it would be much easier to govern, since right now I'm taking a 95% hit to public order due to the "minority" western culture being so strong in the province.

I sent in a spy. When ruled by the Greeks, the culture is Western, yet when I capture it, the culture flips to Eastern.

Is there a cheat or something I can do in the console to fix this at least in my current game?

Well, you have to build a Roman colony so that you don't get penalties. When the Greeks ruled it, they build a colony of theirs. It doesn't apply to you and the settlement returned to its default state(Eastern).

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

What determines the dominant "religion" is the amount of culture buildings in the settlements.
    When you conquered it from the greek their population stopped being the "ruling class" so their cultural influence is now weakened.
    Building a roman colony will nicely fix the problem and allow you to recruit roman units as well.

If unrest is a problem, demolish the local factional government building and start again from military occupation, which will allow you to build a roman colony and offers high unrest reductions.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    What determines the dominant "religion" is the amount of culture buildings in the settlements.
    When you conquered it from the greek their population stopped being the "ruling class" so their cultural influence is now weakened.
    Building a roman colony will nicely fix the problem and allow you to recruit roman units as well.

If unrest is a problem, demolish the local factional government building and start again from military occupation, which will allow you to build a roman colony and offers high unrest reductions.
    Thanks, that fixed the problem!

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

what I saw is that the settlement's cultural type is determined by the native culture, which makes every other colony, which is not from your faction, built there, automatically neutralised, for example, if you play as the Romans, and try to conquer Massilia, which is a greekwestern civilised city with a native celtic culture. If you conquer them as te romans, the effects of the greek colony are neutralised, as if never been built, so you know have to build your own roman colony in order to return this settlement to a western civilised city

hope i could explain myself clearly
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

well, of course...

Since the local elites aren't in power anymore the native population gets back to its "natural" trend.
    The greeks will allow you to still have an easier foothold than starting from nothing but you'll need to support them with your own colonists.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

maybe that's why he has the eastern civilised mark, even tough he has 99% of westerners in the settlement

he should build a roman colony to make it a western city
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"