Thread: The Blue and The Grey Mod / ACW

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default The Blue and The Grey Mod / ACW

Just to let all TAR members know that if you wish to play the ACW mod (which is brilliant may I add!!) you MUST remove the UPC file which was installed with TAR mod and any other "Movie" files within the data folder.
    Remember to replace the original files back in data folder

Ulster Confederate's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: The Blue and The Grey Mod / ACW

Does both the Blue and grey parts work for you Toon ? Skirmish/ Multiplayer mode and Campaign mode? I had TAR installed but only the civil war Campaign worked the Skirmish part crashed. I did remove the three loc files in the TAR data but when I removed the other one in the Empire data folder TAR crashed. I take it “movie” files means mod packs, My data file is clear of any other mods.
    Both are great mods so id love to get TAR working with The Blue and Grey.

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster Confederate View Post
    Does both the Blue and grey parts work for you Toon ? Skirmish/ Multiplayer mode and Campaign mode? I had TAR installed but only the civil war Campaign worked the Skirmish part crashed. I did remove the three loc files in the TAR data but when I removed the other one in the Empire data folder TAR crashed. I take it “movie” files means mod packs, My data file is clear of any other mods.
    Both are great mods so id love to get TAR working with The Blue and Grey.
    exactly,it's any mod that does not needed to be scripted and loads automatically on its own,been playing both mods together also(love American history,I come from a military family),and all I needed to do was remove the upc(localisation file) to play the acw,and the other submods I know that work with TAR (but dont with ACW)then put them back in when I play TAR.

I love History myself , My main thing is the Civil war but I must admit I do find the American Revolution interesting.
    This is wierd I’ve been trying to get both mods to work all day. TAR and Civil war work ok but when I remove the UPC loc from the data file TAR crashes if I keep it in the Civil war works. So loc file in data file TAR works. Loc file out of Data file Civil war works. Do you have to move the upc loc file about like that?

I love History myself , My main thing is the Civil war but I must admit I do find the American Revolution interesting.
    This is wierd I’ve been trying to get both mods to work all day. TAR and Civil war work ok but when I remove the UPC loc from the data file TAR crashes if I keep it in the Civil war works. So loc file in data file TAR works. Loc file out of Data file Civil war works. Do you have to move the upc loc file about like that?
    Yes, I have to move the TAR UPC out of the data folder otherwise the ACW 2.1 CTD's!! then I replace when wanting to play TAR mod

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Yes, I have to move the TAR UPC out of the data folder otherwise the ACW 2.1 CTD's!! then I replace when wanting to play TAR mod
    Thanks Toon its not hard to do anyway ill just keep a file in the Data file with the loc in it and when I want to play TAR ill drag it out. Its great to have both mods working now

Thanks Toon its not hard to do anyway ill just keep a file in the Data file with the loc in it and when I want to play TAR ill drag it out. Its great to have both mods working now
    It certainly is the easiest way you have mentioned, and it is nice that we have two mods that cover the best part of American history!! great work to you and your team

It certainly is the easiest way you have mentioned, and it is nice that we have two mods that cover the best part of American history!! great work to you and your team
    Thanks Toon but I’m not on their team mate so no credit is due to me. In fact I only knew about that mod a while back but they have certainly done a great job as have you guys on TAR .

Hey friends.

I told my new launcher for 2.5 to take care of your UPC file.
    He will move it while playing ACW in the data/ACW folder and after closing the launcher back into the data folder.

So that all can use both mods without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Hey friends.

I told my new launcher for 2.5 to take care of your UPC file.
    He will move it while playing ACW in the data/ACW folder and after closing the launcher back into the data folder.

So that all can use both mods without problems.
    Excellent mate! +rep
    I still have the missing movie problems with TAR & DMUC, this all happened after installing ACW 2.1 its not a big deal though

I´m sorry i cant look into this for my own, because i have no longer 2.1 installed.
    But i really hope this problem will disappear with 2.5. Many other problems like MP problems are gone away trough the new launcher-structure.
    If this problem with your vid`s still there with 2.5 i promise to fix it.

Thanks for rep my friend

The first version of 2.5 and MP fix is now available.
    At least tomorrow there will be also a download for a setup where this Mp fix is included.

I wanted only to inform you because as i said before, this version should take care now for UPC files.
    I hope this will fix the problems from the past.

Please report if there are any conflicts now. It is in my personal interest to keep ACW with TAR working, as i also will use both (when i have time...what i hope soon)

Regards, Shokh

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Thanks for the update Shokh,much appreciated !

Regards.

Version 2.5 works 100%, but still the intro movies have gone for TAR & DMUC??

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I'm not shure if this is an error caused by the mod[s), since i tried it and it works fine for TAR and DMCU aswell?

Version 2.5 works 100%, but still the intro movies have gone for TAR & DMUC??
    I cannot explain why this should happen to you
    The whole data folder will be cleared from all ACW files after closing the launcher.
    Also the userscript will be deleted.