That was way too easy to climb those walls! And Kieran, sorry brother, play some more Total War :tongue
Here's my impression of the video.
For a start, the eye candy looks all good except I have a couple of points to raise:
- too much room - is that even a castle? a battlefield with walls, that's it
- you cannot garrison the keep - BAD IDEA. sieges in Japan featured fighting to the death in the keep, so why can't we do this since towers can be garrisoned?!
- animations look way too much Hollywood - however they are fluid and that's what's necessary, so a plus on that
- sprites are horrible, as usual - I guess they didn't fix this part since Empire
- snow looks beautiful, same for the whole landscape, I loved it
- the buildings are sketchy at most, they look somewhat amateurish but that's my opinion
And now the AI.
- careful, I like that - they stopped before entering the fire line of the archers
- they flanked, not just throwing all of their troops into one single barrier
- Kieran used the keep to protect himself from the archers, so another plus
- they spread out and act more intelligent, another plus
- still, they don't know how to provide nasty surprises to the player - sure, they can flank, they don't engage as often, but it was still predictable
- pathfinding has been improved
Overall, it looks good, but it still needs a lot of work. I'm worried that it won't go very much past this stage.