Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Unit Beta-Previews

Bruce the Silver-Tongued's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Rus-Bey's Unit Previews

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    What plans if any, have you got for the Romans? The army is a different animal to previous eras

I think I missed something, sorry. Which Romans...?

(Byzantine, Papal States...?)

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Basileia ton Rhomaiôn

Signature made by Joar

"What plans if any, have you got for the Romans? The army is a different animal to previous eras "

For byzantines, and Grece at large, this kind of equiments with more light or more heavy variations for the professional soldiers and aristocratic guys.
    The basic model could be the Laca's Late Pikemen, if I have the right to mod this beatifull unit, adding plate armor for the heaviest warriors, or remove some protections for the less wealthies/armored guys.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...yzantine+plate post 12

"I think I missed something, sorry. Which Romans...?"
    all Romans Bro^^, I have a good inspiration with the cartoon "Vasco" from Gilles Chaillet. No more San Pietro symbols everywhere in the future.
    The Urbs militia and nobles will have the true stuff: St patrons of some Roman quarters or something for pavises also just nude leather for the round shields,
    and for the nobles a mix of heraldry with the great Colonnas and their "alter ego", the Orsini, and some others Roman houses like Caetani, all according the Era.

Bruce the Silver-Tongued's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    For byzantines, and Grece at large, this kind of equiments with more light or more heavy variations for the professional soldiers and aristocratic guys.
    The basic model could be the Laca's Late Pikemen, if I have the right to mod this beatifull unit, adding plate armor for the heaviest warriors, or remove some protections for the less wealthies/armored guys.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...yzantine+plate post 12

"I think I missed something, sorry. Which Romans...?"
    all Romans Bro^^, I have a good inspiration with the cartoon "Vasco" from Gilles Chaillet. No more San Pietro symbols everywhere in the future.
    The Urbs militia and nobles will have the true stuff: St patrons of some Roman quarters or something for pavises also just nude leather for the round shields,
    and for the nobles a mix of heraldry with the great Colonnas and their "alter ego", the Orsini, and some others Roman houses like Caetani, all according the Era.
    Took a look at the model on post #12. Very nice. What do you think of what the fellow mentioned later in the thread, about the expansion of the roster for if/when/in-case the Roman Empire expanded from its handful of provinces in the Ren. campaign?

***Sorry, got swept up with thoughts of Byzantine campaigns all over, haha. Forgot the 4.0 is bringing a lot to the table.***

Looking forward to your work on the Eastern Romans, and the Papal Romans! Thanks for helping this mod get better and better!
    Last edited by Bruce the Silver-Tongued; January 20, 2011 at 01:37 AM. Reason: reigning it in.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Not forgetting Genoese, Serbs, Bulgarians, Venetians, Latins, and Turks and Catalan mercs in the service of the emperor! Michael viii even had Mongols in his army, although that was earlier in the 14th century, point is the Romans relied heavily on Mercs

Signature made by Joar

"Not forgetting Genoese, Serbs, Bulgarians, Venetians, Latins, and Turks and Catalan mercs in the service of the emperor!" No problem, I know that, about the Nogai mongols..etc. I had answer for the "pure" greek units, the thessalian, epirote and peloponesian cavalries and his servants, mounted and dismounted.
    For now the majority of these mercenary groups are represented: Catalans, French Nobles, Serbian Nobles, Italian gunners, Turkomans(like them of Orhan), the Alans. I'm not worry about the Byz. mercs. All their "national"(non-mercs) equilvalents are planned or yet done or redone. But I think that SV is more able to answer about the byzantines at large. Just I have some ideas to adapt for a limited number of units.
    And isn't possible to ignore the CBUR and BC work for the greeks. I don't would do better that the yet existant work, just some adaptation according the different Eras.

I'm wondering if this unit was historic for the 14 th, its an extract of the Gilles Chaillet cartoon "Vasco"
    Into "Vasco" they are an elite cavalry, very linked to the emperor's family. Have you an idea about them, well if they had really existed as in this pic.

Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 22, 2011 at 03:46 AM.

The ERE has already been completely revised with BC and BC based models/skins for 4.0, but we probably could use some upgrades. Right now I think the Western Renaissance units should be the priority.

I think we should wait until all of you have 4.0 before we head in this direction.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

to delete, updated
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 22, 2011 at 04:27 PM.

I am reconsidering this. We already have the new Vestiariae in 4.0. I forget what they are called in BC, but they are perfect candidates for a plate upgrade as seen in the pic linked to above. I think we can squeeze some of this into 4.0.

I will post a pic of them when I can, but I don't really like the name Vestiariae for the unit. I see them as more of a late Spatharioi/Men-at-Arms,rather than an elite guard unit.

I'm open to authenic naming suggestion, if anyone has any.

@Rus-Bey

I will look into this after I finish the kite shields.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Default Re: Rus-Bey's Unit Beta-Previews

Reino de Portugal
    New Town Militias, middle 14th.
    Crossbowmen, sec_wep: wood mauls, falchions, short hammers
    Hast Militia, frst_wep: glaives, pikes, long hammers, sec_wep are same than crossbowmen.

The arabics are from Broken Crescent(first pic), and Rolling-Wave(sub mod Stainless Steel). I don't remember from who is the peasant texture of the Portugueses, if its not from Burrecks, I will create other portuguese poor wears texture.

Big thanks and credits to Lord Calidor and his great armory( many weapons's mesh of this portugueses, also Chapel Helmet), Burreck(certainly for the peasant texture),The Magyar Mod(pike and weapon textures)
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 22, 2011 at 04:06 AM.

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Portuguese Aventureiros
    (Conquest of Ceuta 1415)

Militia Foot Soldier

Portuguese Foot Soldier

Battle of Aljubarrota

PICTURES of the BATTLE
    PICTURES of the BATTLE

Vencerei não só estes adversários mas quantos a meu Rei forem contrários

MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF y2day

to delete
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 23, 2011 at 11:45 AM.

PedroL that was a great video.

It reminds me of the first time I visited Frederick II de Svevia's (Hohenstaufen) tomb in Palermo. I snuck past the velvet ropes and touched his sarcophagus.

One of my ancestors went to Germany with him...

What Sicily and Italy could have been, if the Pope hadn't exterminated his line.....

I digress....

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Thanks my friend:
    I give to you all the Promotion of The portuguese Film, from the Battle of Aljubarrota (1385)
    Portugal versus Castille and Leon

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

And also a short movie from the Battle of Atoleiros (1385)
    Portugal vs Castille and Leon
    11 of April 2011 (date of the movie release)

You can see portuguese crossbowmen, portuguese spearmen, portuguese javelinmen

updated
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 06, 2012 at 04:34 AM.

Stradiots ug0

Entire credits to Lord Calidor for this beatifull unit, just the normal map is redone.

the upgrade could have some torso armors, but not a complete armoured stradiot for the first half of 16th C.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Wow that is a great unit, the spear is exceptional.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

thanks, but the best is for after, I try to create a Late milicia based on this mesh, but less extragant style, this albanians are knew to be very colored...etc, some like German Mercenary Pikemen(Lansquenets).
    This unit is already present in Stainless Steel RC/..., I don't remember the exact name.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Are those adalusian pikemen fighting the tercio the previous picture?
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12