Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cancel EB?

Default Cancel EB?

Apologize for the title, but I really need to draw attention to this problem.

We at EB have a very serious problem. We have one, overworked guy trying to make new units. That's it. No more. One of our project leaders has some major troubles at the moment, and cannot skin or model. Our other skinners and modelers have been gone for a while.

If we don't get some new people, we will never have new units, and we will never complete EB. If any of you guys out there can skin or model units, we really, really need you right now. We have so many units to complete to finish this mod.

PLEASE HELP US!

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

So why exactly has it taken so long? Are you trying to make it 1.5 compatible? I beta tested version .6 and that was in a pretty good state. EB could have been released months ago...

But, seems kind of a waste to ditch a years worth of work by so many...
    At least get what you have together in a decent state and release a 1.2 version.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

Quote Originally Posted by Pent uP Rage
    So why exactly has it taken so long? Are you trying to make it 1.5 compatible? I beta tested version .6 and that was in a pretty good state. EB could have been released months ago...
    How can you know that? There are tons of stuff that the team wants to put in (I suspect). It would be a shame to release an incomplete version as their final!

Personally I'd like to share my opinion on this one: why do so many modders (skinners) start stand-alone projects that couldn't even come to the ankles of EB, instead of helping EB to create some thing that elevates 'mods' to something 'divine'? Is it to boost their egos? Is it because they can't work in group? Is it because THEY want THEIR name on a mod? Is it because they want fame, power (lol), influence, recognition ...?

A shame...

PS/ This is not intended for a flame war or to offend people, as I appreciate every modders work.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

Quote Originally Posted by The White Knight
    How can you know that? There are tons of stuff that the team wants to put in (I suspect). It would be a shame to release an incomplete version as their final!
    Because I'm one of the few ouside the EB team that has actually played it. And that was months ago. And it was in a pretty good state then. All the build I have needed were a few more skins. They were anticipating a release within a month at the time.

But when RTR got REALLY huge, I never really heard much about them again. So what happened?

PS/ This is not intended for a flame war or to offend people, as I appreciate every modders work.
    Same here. I just really hate to see such good work(because I've seen it) go to waste.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

Did the mod ever get the authentic languages down? Like Greeks speaking ancient Greek and stuff?

Mark that wise words...

Personally I'd like to share my opinion on this one: why do so many modders (skinners) start stand-alone projects that couldn't even come to the ankles of EB, instead of helping EB to create some thing that elevates 'mods' to something 'divine'? Is it to boost their egos? Is it because they can't work in group? Is it because THEY want THEIR name on a mod? Is it because they want fame, power (lol), influence, recognition ...?
    My humble service is at your command EB team. I'll help you glady if you accept my help. I can do your all Gloss files. I can't design skins or models but there are so many ways to help you.

I have a tutorial which has been pinned before. My photoshop and Freehand skills are quite good to make many things. If you need them too they are at your service.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8474

EB Invicta...

I can do some modelling for you if you'd like - I've not really dabbled with characters too much but with decent enough references there wouldn't be a problem... buildings etc won't be a problem for me at all - check my website if you want to see the sorts of stuff I do most of the time let me know how I can help
    Last edited by Martocticvs; January 07, 2006 at 05:12 PM.

I can do some modelling and basic skinning, although I've only recently started seriously practising...I don't really know if it'll be up to EB's standards, but I'll (if I'm allowed to help ) do my best
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

I wish i could help guys the beta is awesome but im swamped as it is.

Praying you find the help you need though
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

This is deppresing news! I would offer all the help I can, but sadly I am lacking in skills! Hope you find someone who can help. EB deserves to be finnished.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

same here
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

I am sorry you guys are in such a fix. The big hurdle is 3DMax and other expensive utilities required to do the work--not your fault, but that is the bottleneck. That cuts your potential help down to a very, very small number. I can't help, because I don't have the tools to do so.

Another aspect is that I suspect many of us are skeptical of EB being able to live up to the promise, not because of those working on it, but because there is not much that can be done about some of the inherent flaws in RTW's engine. For example, I really wonder if the AI will know how to make use out of new structures, etc.

The other problem for me with EB is that it is now tied to a version of RTW that I don't ever intend to install again: 1.2.

Not much help but I guess the main focus should be making the mod stable. From then on the mod will be playable and great. Adding and revamping units and skins is not infringing on game mechanics and could be done in later updates. Maybe against the idea to release prior to then but I think you should prioritize and the real gamebreaker are ctds, not if models and skins are not finsihed to full degree.

Would like to help you as I have experience in 3d in general, 3d max and did some personal modding (mostly retexturing) in RTW already, but I have exam time coming up and still a bunch of stuff to learn till then...

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Red Harvest, would you really need to look so hard to learn that the final version of EB will be based on 1.5? I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    Red Harvest, would you really need to look so hard to learn that the final version of EB will be based on 1.5? I didn't.
    Well, whoooppeee for you. Last I heard it was stuck in 1.2. I don't follow it much because it has been so incredibly slow in coming.

Doesn't change the facts of the post however.

Civitate

Well, Well, Well.
    I never thought that i wood see EB needing more skiners and modelers. I thought they wood be quening up to help a blockbuster of a mod like EB instead of making their own little mods that will never get as big an audience than EB. I am not tryin to insult skinners and modelers but i am just saying it wood be far better if more modelers and skiners joined big mods like EB that need help than make their own small mod.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

This is a cancer that's eating away at the community now. Big, interesting mods are being knocked down because they simply don't have the resources. I'm thanking my lucky stars I now have three graphics people for Imperia Romana now, but I know other mods are struggling.

It is down to all the mods being started, it's thinning the community chronically. Look at the numerous medieval mods, the various dark age mods, and things like that...it's eating up the resources. Again...I'm incredibly greatful that IR has managed to get through this major barrier.

I really would like to see all the various strands of basically identical mods come together- it would do alot for the community. The ego trip concept is true, and people are currently refusing to join together for the sake of not losing face to the community.

I'd love to say I could commit resources to EB, but IR is strained even with it's extended development team

Despite that though, this statement does hold true: Only united can we stand
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Stalin has always been a good and thoughtful man. :original:

We, at Byzantium, are kinda struggling. Only 1 modeller, and 2 skinners. That's all.
    I wish you guys at EB the best, I played the beta, it's excellent(no CTD's so far, I'm a really good bug-spotter ).
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

I wish I could help but I cannot skin or Model. I hope EB Gets the help it needs but It will be a Hard battle.
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Stalin is right. We at ROP seem to be the only mod still alive that focuses on the oriental world before Alexander. And for awhile last year it seemed like the mod was dying because poeple kept leaving to either start there own mods, or go find new ones.

It wasent a bad thing overall, since freedom to do what you want to do is important.
    But the commitment you have to your team members and they to you is important aswell!
    Even though EB was never my "cup of tea" i still respected there hard efforts and dedication to make a game and i hope they pull through this decline and keep doing there thing.

Get well soon EB:The Celt.
    Last edited by Slaxx Hatmen; January 07, 2006 at 07:22 PM.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast