View Poll Results: Shall we add this rule?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 95.65%
  • No

1 4.35%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: New Rule: OP Rights

Default New Rule: OP Rights

Please vote according to whether you agree on the following rule governing OP rights.

Two weeks after joining the server a player will be granted OP rights if that player has shown good behaviour and a willingness to abide by the server rules.

Any user with OP rights will have to behave with respect to other players. This includes, but is not restricted to;

1) Trying to help other players when requested (i.e. spawning and teleporting)
    2) Not abusing OP powers. For example banning or de-opping other players without any consultation.

If a player feels an OP has abused their powers then they make a vote to de-op them. The options for that poll will be a two week de-op, a month de-op and a two month de-op. Nobody will spawn or teleport a player who has been de-opped for abuse of power.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: New Rule: OP Rights

Common sense I would have guessed but best to set it in stone I suppose.

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

sounds good, well thought out etc.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Common sense, yes

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    Common sense I would have guessed but best to set it in stone I suppose.
    Indeed, exactly my thoughts on it.

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

"Nobody will spawn or teleport a player who has been de-opped for abuse of power. "

Isn't this a bit too harsh?? They allready have been punished and we don't want them to leave the server because it is not fun anymore for them, right?
    And what will happen if an OP still spawns and teleports for a punished member?

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Quote Originally Posted by Eöl View Post
    Isn't this a bit too harsh??
    No, if everyone still spawns for them, nothing really changed for them. It's a deterrent afterall.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

"Nobody will spawn or teleport a player who has been de-opped for abuse of power. "

Isn't this a bit too harsh?? They allready have been punished and we don't want them to leave the server because it is not fun anymore for them, right?
    For your first question: those are the exact perks of being Op: spawning and teleporting. There's no point in taking away Op from them but still carrying out these requested actions.

The second question is more interesting and requires discussion. I would go for they also have their Op removed to run concurrently with the suspension that the person they teleported/spawned for is serving so if they have 3 days left on their suspension, the person who helped them will also receive 3 days.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Tuor's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    The second question is more interesting and requires discussion. I would go for they also have their Op removed to run concurrently with the suspension that the person they teleported/spawned for is serving so if they have 3 days left on their suspension, the person who helped them will also receive 3 days.
    But what if the madness never stops?! Totally kidding, btw.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

On the condition that there is a sticky or something constantly updated with all the bans, de-op's and so on.
    Otherwise one could simply be ignorant of that person having been punished.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

For your first question: those are the exact perks of being Op: spawning and teleporting. There's no point in taking away Op from them but still carrying out these requested actions.

I think it should rather be allowed to spawn for a deop, but not at all necessary, and the deoped spam about it

It is meant to be a punishment. Abuse of OP powers is a serious thing, and hopefully these rules will never have to be used, but if they do the person should not want to ever abuse OP power again.

Passed. These rules will now govern OPs.