Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men First Dev. Diary Published!

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men First Dev. Diary Published!

Yeah, that's why I brought up Angmar in the first place

God, I'd absolutely love it to fight in the North. I think I'd completely forget about Gondor and the south.
    Is it just me, or does Arnor just feel more...magical, more sinister?

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men First Dev. Diary Published!

No, it's not just you. North is FTW.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

The less known, the more magical, and it doesn't only applies to Arnor; Imagine what kind of stories about Dale could be made, had the Professor focused in it....OR even in the Dark Years of the Second Age

I think Tolkein mentions the shadow cult cropping up "all over Gondor". That could be interpreted as indicating that it was a purely southern thing; however if it's a cult it could easily be spread all over the RK, indicating that provinces could break away to join Adunabar anywhere.

Striker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
    Not really, Tolkien's New Shadow story is just a few pages long, from what I remember it was nowhere stated in that story that the rebels only went to Mordor.

Then I agree completely with Bull3pr00f

W00t, looking great, cant wait.

a question about orcs I have: How will you be making them have more value?

I'm so excited now!!! Great job on the video!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_ofgondor View Post
    a question about orcs I have: How will you be making them have more value?
    Why should they have more value?

The uruks should be somewhat useful. They were feared.

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

They are. They give a strong counter to Rohan and Harad (Halberds at least)

Looks great, I'm a big fan of this mod (been playing since forth eorlingas) and I'm very pleased to hear that it's still being worked on.

Keep up the good work

Oh, and I absolutely loved spamming half stacks of orcs out of a city each turn, only to see them butchered at the same time by the reunited kingdom.

That's why you employ the strategy of levelling up and spamming trolls.

beerin's Avatar Libertus

have loved this mod since the beginning
    this is wonderful news

Wow... looks GREAT!!!

I am looking forward to this...

I have a question about the Shire/Hobbits-

Who will control the Shire at the start? I think I remember you saying that there would not be a Hobbit faction... I seem to remember at the end of ROTK Aragorn decreed something along the lines of: No Big People can enter the Shire, so it doesn't seem like it would be ruled by the RK, but they were fairly closely allied too... and is there going to be traits like "friend of the Halflings" that work in the same way as the elf-and dwarf-friends do? And will the Shire be all one region or will there be seperate settlements such as Hobbiton and Buckland?

Quote Originally Posted by luke11 View Post
    is there going to be traits like "friend of the Halflings" that work in the same way as the elf-and dwarf-friends do?
    I want this implemented.

°°Caradoc Mòr°°'s Avatar Laetus

GREAT!!!
    I'm back from Modrealms!
    Very nice to see you all again, Aradan, Beorn, Captain of Gondor and the others

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by luke11 View Post
    and is there going to be traits like "friend of the Halflings"
    Trait: Friend of the Halflings
    -2 Management (smokin' da weed all day!)

Retinue: Halfling Gardener
    +15 to farming output
    - 20 to farming output (hey, he's hungry!)
    - 10 to unrest (smokin' da weed all day!9
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Brilliant work. I'm happpy to see you guys are still alive!
    I've wanted to ask though, what of Arnor? Maybe i've missed something, or it wasn't made clear enough, but Is Arnor unsettled, or a part of the RK or is it a faction of its own? The lands to the very west haven't been talked about, so i don't know what to think of that. How is it going to be implemented in game?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast