Thread: generals, princesses and family members

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

Default generals, princesses and family members

Few questions if i may

1. how will generals work? can you recruit generals without having to adopt them like they have in some mods? or will the only way is for them to be betroved to a princess?

2. If you manage to bribe a general to your faction by offering him your princesses hand will they be able to carry on the fathers last name? i think that should happen being as it shows lineage and also if the son of a foreign general winds up king it will should have a founding a royal house trait.

3. Last thing i promise, will the children have a bloodline trait system? i find that i get more involved and it feels more personal when i am constantly trying to marry into royal families and it feels more realistic. If it does this then it would be nice if you use a marriage to seal an alliance it should make it where you cannot attack that faction for atleast 5 years or make it where the AI will not attack for atleast 5-10 years.

sorry if i went over board on the last question

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: generals, princesses and family members

I would really like to see the 'of scottish blood' etc in the game. It means i can tell which family members are adopted and such and i get more involved in the game. Also 'French relations' for example gives certain members of my scots have a claim on the french throne which in my mind gives me cassus belli to invade and take over a kingdom. I also like giving titles that relate to the title holders lineage, eg i know there are crowns in tLK so if my connaught family had munster relations in one branch of the family that branch would be first choice to get the crown and administer the region(s). In my latest SS 6.3 i have the main royal line that stems from the first king whose wife was french and a few generations later the line splits and that section has english realtions, so when i invaded england the scots/french/english FM led the war with an eye on the english throne.

Also i'd like to add another few questions if i may; will the title ancillaries give bonuses in loyalty etc for carrying them eg King of Dubh Linn gives decreased loyalty and increased trade (in the case of irish because of their dealings with vikings)?
    Will there be a choose heir facility with the ancillary like in the SS 6.3 submod? I don't know how it would suit other factions but in the case of the irish it would be perfect as irish kings were chosen using tanistry and not primogeniter. So you could choose the best FM in the family where all the candidates have the same grandfather/great grandfather. In a perfect world the papal elections modified would be cool, where the FM would be elected but that would really be impossible.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

yes, that would be great

the rpg-elements in konny´s dHRR create feeling withound an end

it would be awesome if TLK has some features like that...

good to see im not the only one that feels this way! im sure we can come up with more ideas, even if its too late with this version im sure if enough of us helped it could be a quick patch. guess i need to go sharpen um on my modding skills lol

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

I'm fairly sure i could change the choose heir SS 6.3 mod for tLK. If it's not implemented i'll just release it as a submod. Don't really know how the bloodlines system works but i imagine i could work it out.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

I think that we also should (somehow) implement Byg grims reality mod. As it would be totally awesome to plan all your attacks carefully, prepare a whole "up-river" invasion or just make a simple coastal raid (as Vikings). And I would love to see the "rebel war" thing which is in SS 6.3, that if (for example) you would be playing as Wessex and Vikings would invade your kingdom, half of your generals would rebel against you thinking that your leadership sucks... We need this! (Danova, again, I am not pushing anyone. Im just really excited! )

well i think that there will be enough war going in this mod for sure lol. but is this mod recommended on VH/VH?

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    I think that we also should (somehow) implement Byg grims reality mod. As it would be totally awesome to plan all your attacks carefully, prepare a whole "up-river" invasion or just make a simple coastal raid (as Vikings). And I would love to see the "rebel war" thing which is in SS 6.3, that if (for example) you would be playing as Wessex and Vikings would invade your kingdom, half of your generals would rebel against you thinking that your leadership sucks... We need this! (Danova, again, I am not pushing anyone. Im just really excited! )
    i like the that last idea but can the ai handle it?
    . .

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Ita can also bog the game down a hell of a lot (turns slower, micro management x100000, etc), so its should not be in an actual version, maybe a sub mod or optional installer

No (we have a modified version) major trait mods are included in the current version mostly because most trai mods have a lot of traits and ancillaries that don't fit this period

Quick answers:

1) You can recruit generals, but they are late tier and very expensive
    2) Most factions don't have last names (since there's no way to make the last name change. IE: Bob son of Jim, Jeff son of Bob, Ted son of Jeff, etc)
    3) There is no bloodline trait system... yet... (this is an option for the [possibly near] future)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMarine1833 View Post
    No (we have a modified version) major trait mods are included in the current version mostly because most trai mods have a lot of traits and ancillaries that don't fit this period

Quick answers:

1) You can recruit generals, but they are late tier and very expensive
    2) Most factions don't have last names (since there's no way to make the last name change. IE: Bob son of Jim, Jeff son of Bob, Ted son of Jeff, etc)
    3) There is no bloodline trait system... yet... (this is an option for the [possibly near] future)
    thanks Gator oohrah! lol well i knew @. was kinda far fetched. and for 3... man i think this is one of my favorite traits bc then you can use it as a reason to invade somewhere... unless your a viking nation then hell thats just your right! but it does add a lil bit of RPG play/feel to the game which i admit i like... thanks gator for the response +rep

It is one of my goals to add a full bloodline trait system in, but for now the first release is the priority

roger that. thanks for yaws hard work

next heir ancillary is a rp saving idea. it's just an ancillary so easy enough to add but a sub-mod is always better the ai can't be trusted to pick the next king, it always picking an adopted, son-in-law, or not the oldest. or it off shoots completly because son isn't old enough to be prince. i like training and grooming my kids to be king. NEXT HEIR ANCILLARY!

amaranth's mod is here if anyone interested: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381796
    can't wait for LAST KINGDOM