Thread: new shields

Default new shields

hello

i am quite new to this skinning, i have played around with new skins and found it quite easy to change them, the only problem i have is the shields, why is it most of the units have only a quarter of their shield, as the tga, this seems ot stop most of my creativity as i need a repeating pattern (x4), i have seen other mods with full images on the shields (mainly greek like), is there any way i can do this without modeling the file again (using 3dmax) as i am still a bumbling fool on that.

great spqr 5 by the way (sure you hear this all the time ), i have been away for a while trying other mods .........the fool i was!!! and i return, regarding this as the best.

thanks for any help
    (Lordgeordie )

I think that you would have to redoe the model, but I really dont know the answer.

Why don’t presidents fight the war?
    Why do they always send the poor?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Yes you would need to edit the model to achieve full shield patterns.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Default oh dam

hello

thanks for the reply

dam i can't use 3dmax for toffey...........every time i try to run the script to allow me to open the cas files(3d models) it says error and stops working booooh hey ho ganna have to see what i can do with the shields in quarters.

thanks
    (Lordgeordie )