Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcement - Before posting bugs and ctds try this (Updated 02/07/2011)

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Announcement - Before posting bugs try this (Updated 03/04/2011)

Do you mean "reset TAR user script"? If so, done that, it had no effect.

I don't see a button with a "reset to default" option.

I can go into the roaming profile and delete all the TAR files/scripts there if that will help?

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletank View Post

I can go into the roaming profile and delete all the TAR files/scripts there if that will help?
    Youll have to reset the changes you have made to the advanced options back to the default settings,then try again.

Because of a Database Error on the TWC forums,All posts from yesterday are gone,including our conversation on your issue.

If you still want to go ahead on trying to solve this issue(advanced options etc) plse feel free to post on the forums.

Regards.

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    Because of a Database Error on the TWC forums,All posts from yesterday are gone,including our conversation on your issue.

If you still want to go ahead on trying to solve this issue(advanced options etc) plse feel free to post on the forums.

Regards.
    Ach, I saw that my posts and yours had gone. I lost 2 or 3 other long posts elsewhere too. Frustrating.

I did what you suggested but cannot get TAR to work so I've uninstalled it for now and await the version that fixes this issue.

I'd ask politely that you make a note in your main D/L thread that the user should NOT press certain buttons on the advanced options screen (better still disable them for now). Thanks.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Ach, I saw that my posts and yours had gone. I lost 2 or 3 other long posts elsewhere too. Frustrating.

I did what you suggested but cannot get TAR to work so I've uninstalled it for now and await the version that fixes this issue.

I'd ask politely that you make a note in your main D/L thread that the user should NOT press certain buttons on the advanced options screen (better still disable them for now). Thanks.
    Yes thats very true, I have been meaning to do this for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Yes thats very true, I have been meaning to do this for some time.
    A clear notification has been added here;http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410799

Default Re: Announcement - Before posting bugs try this (Updated 02/07/2011)

I have added the "Do not adjust launcher" note in the download page

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

Great feedback guys.

I'll reinstall TAR onme more time and leave the advanced options alone.

Great feedback guys.

I'll reinstall TAR onme more time and leave the advanced options alone.
    Glad to see ya back mate, I have confirmed that only three options cause problems in the launcher and have started a new thread with my findings! Enjoy mate

Biarchus

Thank you Geronimo for your suggestion of using "run as administrator" I think it definitely worked for my ctd's. It's unfortunate that neither Toon nor Morgan could come up with a solution. It's probably because they are so old that the tricks they used in the 1930's, when they were young, won't work with today's computer games.

I used to be able to play and now I cant. It shuts down and says something Empire unable to work

Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    I used to be able to play and now I cant. It shuts down and says something Empire unable to work
    Reset the TAR Launcher as you have changed one of the border settings in launcher? then restart PC and it should work again

I have Win XP, and have done a clean install of TAR to an ummodded ETW. I run as admin, and have not touched the advanced options in the launcher.

In the 1775 campaign, playing as British, sometime in late 1777. or early 1778, i get and end of turn CDT! I have reinstalled 3 times and the same thing happens. The one constant seems to be as soon as i capture Boston, shortly thereafter, i get the CDT. I click on the end turn button, France starts its turn, i see units move, then boom. France never finishes. The game will not progress beyond this point for me.

Both the 1700 and the 1783 campaigns work. I can play them, but the 1775 campaign will not work.

I hope this issue is resolved soon.

Regards.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by borst50 View Post
    I have Win XP, and have done a clean install of TAR to an ummodded ETW. I run as admin, and have not touched the advanced options in the launcher.

In the 1775 campaign, playing as British, sometime in late 1777. or early 1778, i get and end of turn CDT! I have reinstalled 3 times and the same thing happens. The one constant seems to be as soon as i capture Boston, shortly thereafter, i get the CDT. I click on the end turn button, France starts its turn, i see units move, then boom. France never finishes. The game will not progress beyond this point for me.

Both the 1700 and the 1783 campaigns work. I can play them, but the 1775 campaign will not work.

I hope this issue is resolved soon.

Regards.
    Did you Run as Admin both for Steam and TAR? You have to do so for both,

Are you overclocking your CPU? That can lead to system instability.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Did you Run as Admin both for Steam and TAR? You have to do so for both,

Are you overclocking your CPU? That can lead to system instability.
    I have a dual Pentium with a 3.0 ghz....so the cpu isnt overworked, besides.....if the 1700 and the 1783 campaigns both work, logic tells me, the problem isnt on my end...it's with the 1775 campaign. I have tried playing both France and the USA and at approx the same point the game i get a CDT. So i am thinking there is either and event in the script, or something else happens to cause this.

Since I use XP, I dont think I can even run as administrator in Steam as I dont have the file system for it, at least, according to what I have read in these forums.
    Last edited by borst50; July 28, 2011 at 11:20 PM.

I have a dual Pentium with a 3.0 ghz....so the cpu isnt overworked, besides.....if the 1700 and the 1783 campaigns both work, logic tells me, the problem isnt on my end...it's with the 1775 campaign. I have tried playing both France and the USA and at approx the same point the game i get a CDT. So i am thinking there is either and event in the script, or something else happens to cause this.

Since I use XP, I dont think I can even run as administrator in Steam as I dont have the file system for it, at least, according to what I have read in these forums.
    I have played the Rev Campaign way beyond 1778 of course,but i cannot remember if i actually took Boston playing as the British around that same turn.

But you are saying that nomatter what actions you perform with either the Brits,the Americans or the French,your Rev GC will CTD at 1778 ?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Have you tried everything in the "Before posting bugs try this" thread?
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Have you tried everything in the "Before posting bugs try this" thread?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    I have played the Rev Campaign way beyond 1778 of course,but i cannot remember if i actually took Boston playing as the British around that same turn.

But you are saying that nomatter what actions you perform with either the Brits,the Americans or the French,your Rev GC will CTD at 1778 ?
    this is correct. I am going to try the indians next. you know,,,i cant help but be reminded of the 66 bc CDT in RTW. I know..2 different games...but... no matter what anyone did, they couldnt get past the 66 BC CDT. The same applies for the 1775 campaign here. no matter what i do...the 1775 game crashes for me.

this is correct. I am going to try the indians next. you know,,,i cant help but be reminded of the 66 bc CDT in RTW. I know..2 different games...but... no matter what anyone did, they couldnt get past the 66 BC CDT. The same applies for the 1775 campaign here. no matter what i do...the 1775 game crashes for me.
    Well i have crossed that date for sure with my Rev Campaigns without issues,so i dont know whats causing this in your case

Please do try another faction and see how that goes.(ill start up a GC myself and check the passing of the date this weekend,as i dont have the time now)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12