Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Default Re: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Nice work! I'm now even more determined to play as Tharbad first. Apparently, they have a nice, diverse roster, even ballistas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    Also, I'd be rather reluctant to attend a wedding in Tharbad..

It's been a while since I played The New Shadow. The last time I played was in 2010, I'm glad that you're still working on this one. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the new release !

This is one of the top three mods I'm waiting for.

And it's for sure THE mod that takes the RTW engine to it's limits.

Kudos to Aradan and Co.!

I was wondering, why does the settlement plans of Minas Tirith or any other unique Middle-Earth city in FATW not like the ones LOTR:TW has and instead uses the generic RTW settlement plan? It would be wonderful if the city of Minas Tirith or Helm's Deep from LOTR:TW, for example, would be also seen and played in FATW as well.

And since I have LOTR:TW and FA:TW both as my current mods, can I transfer the settlement plans of LOTR to FA:TW and use it for my own consumption (but of course credits are given to the original creators)?

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Castilla and Leon View Post
    I was wondering, why does the settlement plans of Minas Tirith or any other unique Middle-Earth city in FATW not like the ones LOTR:TW has and instead uses the generic RTW settlement plan? It would be wonderful if the city of Minas Tirith or Helm's Deep from LOTR:TW, for example, would be also seen and played in FATW as well.

And since I have LOTR:TW and FA:TW both as my current mods, can I transfer the settlement plans of LOTR to FA:TW and use it for my own consumption (but of course credits are given to the original creators)?
    DoM will have Minas Tirith as custom settlement for sure. Check a few pages back.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Similar to LotRTW but better looking and more lore accurate.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that you can do whatever you want on your own computer, provided you know how to do it. I doubt Aradan will come hunt you down

Bercor, will all the factions' special mentioned cities (Helm's Deep, Edoras, Minas Ithil/Morgul, Moria, Isenard, etc.) with own strategic map models will have their own settlement plans as well in DoM?

Stark1, I was just wondering, not planning to steal credit tho, but I still wanna hug Aradan for his efforts on the mod. I'm also interested in knowing how to replace/retract the battlefied terrain from RS2 environment to vanilla for own consumption.

Bercor, will all the factions' special mentioned cities (Helm's Deep, Edoras, Minas Ithil/Morgul, Moria, Isenard, etc.) with own strategic map models will have their own settlement plans as well in DoM?
    I'm merely an Outsource developer, there's some doors even I can't open . Better ask Aradan or MoN.

Stark1, I was just wondering, not planning to steal credit tho, but I still wanna hug Aradan for his efforts on the mod. I'm also interested in knowing how to replace/retract the battlefied terrain from RS2 environment to vanilla for own consumption.
    I wasn't implying you'd want to steal credit, just that you can mod your own copy of the game to whatever you'd like. Even modders that got cease and desist letters from publishers (like LOTR mod for Skyrim) couldn't be legally stopped from modding their own copy of the game.

You can do whatever you like to your own copy of the game. Conditions apply only if you make something public.

At the moment only MA has a unique model. We want to have more custom settlements (both unique and standard), but the modeller working on those is currently unavailable, so progress has been halted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stark1 View Post
    I doubt Aradan will come hunt you down
    I wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    I moonlight as a serial killer.

Centenarius

Guys you are doing an amazing work with this mod; it was one of the first mods i installed for RTW. Still have the Corsair Invasion installer and the music pack.

Can you give us a sneak peak of the new Elven units? It's not a big deal if they are still WIP and not finished, I just want to see how they look.

Please.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

I could post you a pic of how they sound

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Why not.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

lol, please do!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Blog Entries

Your wish shall be my command
    Spoiler for Echdirath

As you can clearly see, the Echdirath are remarkable fighters. They're especially trained with the, ... wait for it ...

ech as the first spikes obviously indicate

Also, just to avoid confusion, the mid section you can see is my nowadays wife asking me to get the litter out, blatantly ignoring that I was recording of course. Then you have the last long section, which should read dirath, which obviously is the plural of dîr, but instead it ended up just being some shhhhhhhusssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhishuuuuuuuush due to my cat playing catch with my mic, but MoN and Aradan thought nobody would notice the difference anyways, since, hey, it's elvish and who on earth really speaks elvish let alone knows how to proper pronounce it anyways?
    Last edited by Aikanár; June 29, 2014 at 06:45 PM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Hmm. Don't you think the 37th spike from the left should be 0.5mm taller? I mean, this mod is based on the books, not the movies. We want this thing to be lore-friendly!

I wonder if we can get Aradan to post some screenies of lines of code...
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Blog Entries

I've already edited the post for clarification, because, obviously I knew that this particular bit would catch your attention

How funny you should say that, actually Aradan is renowned for his epic and thrilling snippets of code, which he sometimes, just like a coincident, let lay around for somebody totally unexpected to pick up: oh a Ring?!