Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

putoconcarne's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    First (few) screenshots this friday, and then get some sleep!

More later.

Where I am, it's already Friday. Screenshots plz!!!

Amyway, I'm definitely looking forward for some updates (at long last). I've always been a fan of this mod... first one I installed for RTW, in fact.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

It's Friday in Germany now, too! Get it going.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Have to work, drive home, eat, drink, take screenies, post. Approximately 22:00 - 23:00 cet, then.

Edit:

Then he couldn’t fall asleep at all. Shock from seen would make him incapable for any normal human behaviour for weeks at least...
    You have no idea, after years of working on DoM, all team-members now look like Gollum: hunched, pale, thin, with big eyes from constantly looking at the screen in darkness. I have a hard time not crawling on all fours...
    Last edited by Éorl; May 04, 2012 at 02:21 AM.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

You have no idea, after years of working on DoM, all team-members now look like Gollum: hunched, pale, thin, with big eyes from constantly looking at the screen in darkness. I have a hard time not crawling on all fours...
    What about muttering "my precious" whenever you boot up the game to test something and then cursing "stupid, fat hobbitses" every time something goes wrong?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

dear diary

THE BLUE PILLS DON'T WORK!!! The anticipation has taken a toll in my mental capacities. The coworkers are starting to get suspicious as my productivity keeps getting lower each day. I went to a pharmacist and told him "Im a husk of a man i was once, you need to help me", he prescribed me these blue pills, i think they are antidepressives, but they are not working. All the do is make me more... anxious. Éorl has shown his face in the forums, but all he gave me was empty promises. I dont believe him, i know he want all the screenshot for himself. Ill have to take action by my on hands if no progress is shown... soon...

Can't wait ! This delay is a torture .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

And when I was thinking about starting experimenting with something (moding related, of course), I hear this.... Makes me wonder how further transformations will go, when you start intensively working on Game of Thrones: Total War? I’m imagining scales, nice jaws and maybe some wings.... Well, I’m hoping your fingers will remain unchanged so you could continue your great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich Liechtenstein View Post
    dear diary

THE BLUE PILLS DON'T WORK!!! The anticipation has taken a toll in my mental capacities. The coworkers are starting to get suspicious as my productivity keeps getting lower each day. I went to a pharmacist and told him "Im a husk of a man i was once, you need to help me", he prescribed me these blue pills, i think they are antidepressives, but they are not working. All the do is make me more... anxious. Éorl has shown his face in the forums, but all he gave me was empty promises. I dont believe him, i know he want all the screenshot for himself. Ill have to take action by my on hands if no progress is shown... soon...
    Ahem, run Éorl, run!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Jagmodo; May 04, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Gather around, children, it's time for uncle Éorl's beloved 'why this takes so long story'...

Seriously, I'd like to take the opportunity to tell you why this takes so long, and what's going on, and why the wait is worthwhile in the end.

In the fourth quarter of 2011, I've started work on a new mod that is supposed to take off after Dominion of Men releases. It's fun to work on your own mod.

While working on the new mod, I've reconsidered my approach to lighting and texture colors and contrast, and how they interact. This led to improvements in the look of vegetation and landscape features which I need(ed) to also get into DoM.

I also was confident to be able to work on unit models in Blender and have some nice contacts here on TWC convert them. That didn't work, though, due to the fact that no Blender script was able to export a model's rigging (which is essential for animations to work on the model) correctly. Bummer.

Then early January 2012 I finally decided to spend the money and get myself a really powerful new PC. Which I did. On that PC, I was able to model units using tools that didn't run properly on my old PC. So, I learned how to tweak, edit, and add to unit models, their uv-mapping and their rigging. The learning period went until mid March (and still continues).

When I found that unit modeling is fun and not so hard as I feared, we decided that we'd make some global tweaks to all unit models (like 3d shields), fix issues that always bugged us (and you), and also make new models where needed.

This takes time.

To put a long story short: All this stuff is just beginning to come together, and I don't like to preview half-done stuff. I thought I might be done late April (which I didn't), but I've come very far and I am sure I can be done until late Nay now. Units (models and textures), lighting improvements, battlemap environments overhaul.

So, here's glimpse at all the construction sites I'm working on currently:

(*GRRRRRR* - Imageshack/Photobucket also take time...)

Horse barding clipping fixed (example of many fixes)

Example of improved vegetation:

Night lighting effects

New unit models (here: Dale Hearthmen

Last edited by Aradan; May 05, 2012 at 04:43 AM.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Errr, it's 23:00 CET Éorl!

EDIT: Right on time! Great screens Éorl!

23:00 – Well known German punctuality. Nice screenshots. I really like Hearthmen, they look great.
    But, do you remember my ranting about the Dwarves of Aglarond few months ago:

I would sugest the same thing for Hearthmen. If they have side arms, and I am so blind and don’t see that, than sorry.
    At the end, one little note. You have swapped first two pictures (headings don’t match).

Edit: Of course, I like the vegetation too. Now I am curious what’s flying true the air in the second picture?
    Last edited by Jagmodo; May 04, 2012 at 04:50 PM.

I'm lovin' it. You have a very distinctive style in your work.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Wow, this will be really beautiful mod. I have never tied any fantasy mod but this seems to be a must play

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Nice preview!

Is there any chance to see an hobbit/dwarf/elf preview?
    Last edited by Cinuz; May 07, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

These trees look phantastic and very natural - well done!

Those tree trunks in the background look quite impressive. I'd like to see a total of these trees. Seem to be quite big ones?!

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Hello.

I've now implemented all new battlemap terrain elements (trees/ground textures/descr-geogr.db improvements) and have started fiddling around with large creatures (mumakil and trolls). I guess I will post new screenies someday this week.
    -unknown YouTube user

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Sounds like a plan! I can't wait.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Makes me wonder how further transformations will go, when you start intensively working on Game of Thrones: Total War? I’m imagining scales, nice jaws and maybe some wings....
    Nope, I'll rather grow grey fur, fangs, and howl with the cold winds from the north.
    -unknown YouTube user

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Those tree trunks in the background look quite impressive. I'd like to see a total of these trees. Seem to be quite big ones?!
    I posted these pics before, these are the deep temperate forest versions (here autumn):

Those are the tallest trees in Dominion of Men, except for the Mallorn in Lorien forest which are soarin'
    Last edited by Éorl; May 16, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
    -unknown YouTube user

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

this is ...... really good work

Hello.

I've now implemented all new battlemap terrain elements (trees/ground textures/descr-geogr.db improvements) and have started fiddling around with large creatures (mumakil and trolls). I guess I will post new screenies someday this week.
    I hope someday this week, than...