Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post

Oki, here you go
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

still WIP though ...

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

TATW had amazing texture modifications. However, I did not see any significant architectural modifications to important locales on the battlemap. (Did I just miss them?) Will FATW include such modifications to cities and castles, i.e. Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, etc.?

TATW 3.x has several custom settlements actually.

Not sure what we'll do, at this point we've given priority to other aspects of the mod.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    TATW 3.x has several custom settlements actually.

Not sure what we'll do, at this point we've given priority to other aspects of the mod.
    You could theoretically borrow the custom settlements from Seth Krn3ll being used for LOTR TW 2.09. Since they are made for another mod for RTW couldn't they work for this one, if you wanted to? Or at least use them as a base and then tweak them on your own?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

We could; and we do have permissions from a couple of mods to borrow buildings. But it's not as simple as plug-and-play and event hat option would require lot of testing and editing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    We could; and we do have permissions from a couple of mods to borrow buildings. But it's not as simple as plug-and-play and event hat option would require lot of testing and editing.
    Oh I know. But at least the models would be taken care of.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Is it actually possible to modify existing architecture, or create new architecture in forms as complicated as Edoras (as enivisioned in the films)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tdudden View Post
    Is it actually possible to modify existing architecture, or create new architecture in forms as complicated as Edoras (as enivisioned in the films)?
    Probably, but the team draws inspiration from the books, not the films. Though they could probably take something and tweak it to fit their needs.

Quote Originally Posted by tdudden View Post
    Yes it is. If a fully functional, high-detail, 7-tiered Minas Anor is possible, Edoras is a walk in the park. But that thing takes time and effort, which is not generally available.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Screens of anything? Well if you can't give us screens, at least release the mod!

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Let me get the units done, and have patience until may for loads of screenies. I've overhauled a lot more than just units
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Eorl there are 31 days in may... give me a date or i'll die of anticipation

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

May means 31st of May, 2562AD

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

First half - so you only need to half die with anticipation. Don't give us an opportunity to be cruel with questions like that

@ Blatta: May means MAYbe when Winter is coming.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Dear diary

Today is the second day of may, that falls under "first half"... Nothing yet. The forums have been quiet and Éorl keeps its stash of screenshots hidden away... Away from my curious eyes. I´ve taken sleep pills twice and yet my hungry curious eyes still lurk the forums late at night. These screenshots wont escape me, I'll have what has been promised for me...

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

It is oursss! Give it to us, my precioussss!
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Dear diary

Today is the second day of may, that falls under "first half"... Nothing yet. The forums have been quiet and Éorl keeps its stash of screenshots hidden away... Away from my curious eyes. I´ve taken sleep pills twice and yet my hungry curious eyes still lurk the forums late at night. These screenshots wont escape me, I'll have what has been promised for me...
    First (few) screenshots this friday, and then get some sleep!

More later.

-unknown YouTube user

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Let's hope it's not one of you while modding, Eorl

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Let's hope it's not one of you while modding, Eorl
    Then he couldn’t fall asleep at all. Shock from seen would make him incapable for any normal human behaviour for weeks at least...