Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Default Re: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    That looks like a fun map to do battle in.
    Agreed, it looks amazing.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Wow, that's awesome! I really missed realistic water bodies in vanilla.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Great!!!

This is amazing!!!!

Also the deadly part looks really cool (and I'm not averse to sacrificing some units of orcs in order to witness these effect )

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

OMFG

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

AMAZING swamps!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    As befits the Dead Marshes, the maps are pretty deadly:

-You should deploy units individually, because if you group-deploy, units on the far flanks could be placed into the water areas (which you can't when placing them individually), which might lead to death by drowning if the water is too deep.

-Routing units may run into water that is too deep, making them drown.

But hey, who said that fighting a battle with huge armies in a swamp is easy?

Testing needs to be done, though. For now, I'm glad that I managed to get this nice battlemap translation.

Buhahahahahha AWESOME! These map will definetly be very fun to play (maybe unnerving when the units that ends up drowning are yours, but definetly funny!)

It looks like the Dead Marshes will live up to their name.
    Between this and the (hopefully) late 2012 release of XCOM: Enemy Unknown it looks like my gaming hours will become very full.
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Fantastic screenies Éorl! The environment looks so great!

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

As befits the Dead Marshes, the maps are pretty deadly:

-You should deploy units individually, because if you group-deploy, units on the far flanks could be placed into the water areas (which you can't when placing them individually), which might lead to death by drowning if the water is too deep.

-Routing units may run into water that is too deep, making them drown.

But hey, who said that fighting a battle with huge armies in a swamp is easy?

Testing needs to be done, though. For now, I'm glad that I managed to get this nice battlemap translation.
    Nice, that's what swamps are all about. Fantastic work there on the custom FATW battle environments!

I was wondering, if there will also be changes to the campaign map textures for DoM?

Of course. The campaign map in DoM looks nothing like TNS, it's vastly improved in every aspect: textures, climate and ground type distribution, accuracy, detail...

Can't wait to see the final thing!

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Of course. The campaign map in DoM looks nothing like TNS, it's vastly improved in every aspect: textures, climate and ground type distribution, accuracy, detail...
    Screeeenz oar it dint happen!
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Screeeenz oar it dint happen!
    Tomorrow night or saturday - but only a few, we don't want to give away the whole map before release.

I'm currently in a unit-skinning marathon now that I've got time again. I hope to preview some new units, soon.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

This looks brilliant, keep up the good work! I'm downloading 2.6 right now, last time I played was back in 2.5
    End of an era

Tomorrow night or saturday - but only a few, we don't want to give away the whole map before release.

I'm currently in a unit-skinning marathon now that I've got time again. I hope to preview some new units, soon.
    That's the spirit!

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

I guess its okay to preview that portion of the campaign map of Dominion of Men that you already know from the former releases of The Fourth Age: Total War (note that many strat map models are placeholders currently):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Looks very nice, especially the dead marches-mordor border.

Also I have the feeling mordor is a bit less a desolate place than it was in the previous editions (as in, a greener environment). Could be just me though.
    Last edited by fireblade; January 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Also I have the feeling mordor is a bit less a desolate place than it was in the previous editions (as in, a greener environment). Could be just me though.
    The area you are refering to (image 6) is Nurn south of the Plains of Gorgoroth. Nurn is actually quite fertile, and even served as a grain-chamber of sorts for Sauron during his reign in Mordor. The Plains of Gorgoroth and the surrounding Mountain ranges are pretty desolate, uninviting, dusty and gloomy, as they should be - both on campaign and on battle maps.
    -unknown YouTube user

Yeah, for some strange reason, in my mind the desert always ran up until the sea of nurnen (though, I can't think of anything in the lore to back that up really)

But I remember your screenshot from the battle map in mordor, and it truly was desolate

Thanks for the answer btw (and the screens of course)

Disclaimer: the screens Eorl shows are a bit outdated, in that some things (region borders, settlement locations, river crossing, etc) have changed since.