Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Very nice, I especially like the one with the flying wolfhunter it looks like hes howling in pain as he flys through the air
    He did howl in pain...

Are the 2 handed axe men the new hillmen?
    Yes, the re-skinned ones.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Excellent, excellent pics & write-up!

The hillmen berserkers look great, and I love the new look of the tribal pikes. Very cool revamps all around!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Nice battle, Eorl! Apart from the excellent units mentioned my the others, I really liked the horse armor of one of the Rohan units shown in a pic

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by insolent1 View Post
    Are the 2 handed axe men the new hillmen?
    I thought these were the ordinary Hillmen Warriors. Didn't notice a different, though I rarely see them in campaign.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

This new battle preview doesn't come as a battle report, like the preceeding one (although I'll propably post a report of that particular meat-grinder of a battle in the future), but serves to show you some Reunited Kingdom units and some orcs, plus the deep dense forest climate in autumn (our winter version of that snowless climate). The RK units have only a few subtle changes here and there (colors, or correcting some minor flaws), since their skins already looked fantastic. The orcs have all been revamped - making them look more rugged, dirty and sick.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

One word:

A W E S O M E!

+rep!

They look amazing!

So excellent!

The orcs w/ halberds... those are the "Orc Band", right? They look much creepier, well done!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

The orcs w/ halberds... those are the "Orc Band", right?
    Rightyright.
    -unknown YouTube user

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Fantastic!

In these screens the ferns and the grass looks much better than in the ones before. I love the coloured leaves, but the trees are awesome anyway. I can say: There's an oak, a beech. Really great.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Thangaror originally wrote:
    but the trees are awesome anyway
    I can only say that I had some great help with research as to what species should go into which climate of Middle-earth , which saved me a lot of time better spent on creating the models.
    -unknown YouTube user

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    I can only say that I had some great help with research as to what species should go into which climate of Middle-earth , which saved me a lot of time better spent on creating the models.
    Okay, that looks really amazing! Stirling work Eorl! Keep it up.

I'd love to view more scenery, like The Shire or Lindon. if it's ok to ask, lol.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

I would rep you if I could (I hate infractions).

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

I'd love to view more scenery, like The Shire or Lindon. if it's ok to ask, lol.
    It's okay to ask, we will consider this for future previews and/or upcoming Devb Diaries.
    -unknown YouTube user

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Great units again Iespecially lke the new RK symbol at the RK's units

Is there any chance of seeing RK Militia's screenshots? It's the most legendary units of TNS

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    I thought these were the ordinary Hillmen Warriors. Didn't notice a different, though I rarely see them in campaign.
    Well I was playing the last historical battle(erindol) and the beserkers appear to have had their faces cleaned up some in those screens. I wasn't paying to much attention as I was trying to get my troops through the ambush of the unwashed.

Love the new screens was just waiting for one of those trees to start attacking the orcs

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

I will be so glad when I finish Uni, can get a much better computer and play this at maximum settings. I want to be able to appreciate this game for how it looks as well as from a lore and gameplay standpoint.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

I will be so glad when I finish Uni, can get a much better computer and play this at maximum settings.
    I can only stress that if your computer can run vanilla smoothly on highest settings, you won't have any trouble running The Dominion of Men smoothly on highest settings. The new environments have been designed to look great without impacting performance!
    -unknown YouTube user

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    I can only stress that if your computer can run vanilla smoothly on highest settings, you won't have any trouble running The Dominion of Men smoothly on highest settings. The new environments have been designed to look great without impacting performance!

There are no words, only my eternal awe and thanks.

You would not have one or two images to make us drool ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.