Thread: Merry Christmas Everyone! (your present is inside)

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Default Merry Christmas Everyone! (your present is inside)

Default Re: Merry Christmas Everyone! (your present is inside)

You guys just don't know how to quit! I love it. Question - am I correct in assuming that this mod will still feature the full map of ME?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBunnies View Post
    You guys just don't know how to quit! I love it. Question - am I correct in assuming that this mod will still feature the full map of ME?
    You are very correct to assume it! There’s a lot going on all over Middle-earth in this time period and we’re keen to have a go at representing it.

Delightful. I suppose depending on the start date, we could have Angmar or the three North kingdoms...

webba84's Avatar Artifex

The most likely start date is 1864, which should give you a pretty good idea of who's going to be around

Fantastic. Let's see... Gondor and the Wainriders of course, with Gondor holding Umbar and part of Mordor. Elves and Dwarves, but no Erebor. No Dale, Rhovanion, or Dorwinion, or Tharbad. Haradrim in the deserts. The Eotheod in Anduin Vale. No Rohan, with Calenardhon lightly held by Gondor. Arthedain vs Angmar in the north. Should be great fun. I've played a lot of mods, and can play the modern games on max settings, but always find myself coming back to FATW. So what will you name this? "Mid-Third Age Total War"?

Tiro

Looks good. I just got Alexander for Christmas. I wonder if Fourth Age Total War, or Wainriders, would benefit with the Immortal trait in Alexander for the Elves. It may also work for the Dunedain and Dwarves for their longer life expectancies. That way in Wainriders Elrond, Thrainduil, and Celeborn could be around for the whole campaign. Just a thought.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Thanks Richard 🙂

We will put up an announcement post sometime soon with some basic details about the project, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed
    Last edited by webba84; December 27, 2019 at 10:27 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

nicely done and prepared. looking forwards

Very interesting period in the timeline of Middle-earth; in fact, the Third Age is very long in the legendarium, and many settings are possible during it. When you first announced a new submod coming at the time FATW 3.4 was released, I thought you were doing something concerning the Second Age, or eventually - and less likely - the First Age. But yeah, the Third Age is long and has many possibilities besides the War of the Ring or the decades before it, which are the most covered periods in other mods (namely Third Age TW and its submods). Now waiting for more infos and reveals :-) Happy New Year to all!

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Heh, the Second Age has always been a time period that I would be very interested to set a mod in (not least because there's not much information about what's happening in Middle-earth for most of it) but this project is on Count's initiative, and he chose the Wainrider assaults of the mid third age.

It is a great choice, not just because, as you say, there's a lot of interesting things going on in this 200-ish year period, but also because to my knowledge nobody else has set a mod or a game then either (there's a few prominant second and first age modding projects) so it will contribute something new and unique for sure.