Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Start?

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Default Neutral Start?

I don't know if there's a topic already, but is there a way to mod the very start of the European Campaign, so every faction starts neutral to with other and the hostilities gradually appearing during the course of the campaign?

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Default Re: Neutral Start?

No i don't hink that there is, but i know what you mean. I hate the campaign because it feels like the whole thing has been setup, unlike all the other games when everyones nuetral and you get to pick how everything plans out. I was thinking about making a mod like this, i might give it a shot =)

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, but I think in Napoleon there's some kind of script behind what faction goes to war to another, don't know for sure.
    Just imagine the possibilities, maybe France allies with UK, maybe not, although not historically precise, it's fun.
    I've posted in the mod workshop too, in the mapping forum.

Well i could give it a shot, and make everyone nuetral with each other and make everyone like eachother the same.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Sounds like a good idea. Though it saved me a lot of work when I started my quest for "The Medal of The Imperial Psychopath" achievement. Still working on it, as Russia.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

please please do it! pretty pretty please! I'll do anything for someone to make this!!!
    Check out my brand new British and Prussian units and much much more in Marshall Beale's new masterpiece!

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Well i could give it a shot, and make everyone nuetral with each other and make everyone like eachother the same.
    What about the minor factions? One thing I've noticed so far is that the minor factions usually follow the rules of their allies, let's say, if Hessen is allied with Prussia and Prussia declares war on France, Hessen just follows Prussia or breaks the alliance. It will be wonderful if the minors take the initiative to declare wars or be more active in the campaign somehow.
    Good luck with your mod and, please, keep us informed.
    Thanks in advance.

Alright im gonna do it, but because im making a rather big mod at the moment, it wont be my top priority, but I'll definatly get it done soon.

Dee, remember one thing, make it good otherwise AI declares war on you at first turn. This is just not work where you change just diplomacy between factions, you need to change relatsionship options too.
    And napoleon's esf is different than empire's one, so good luck!
    Last edited by Propaganda; December 23, 2010 at 08:20 AM.

Yeah, I've got a pretty good idea of what to do. Cheers Propaganda, feel free to +rep

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Wow! Dee and Propaganda, what was a proposal is becoming a truly mod! What can I say......
    First and foremost, happy Christmas for you guys and all the Total War community!!!!!!!!!!!
    If there's anything what I can do to help you guys, I'll be glad to... though I've only mess with the PFM, I have the ESF Editor here, but I don't understand its fully functionality, so you give me the tips and I report back...

I've figured it all out, thanks anyways. But there's alot of entries, so it's gonna take some time.

If anyone has a good name for the mod, that would help alot, cheers. (just post it here i guess)

Sorry guys, but I havn't had much time doing this mod at the moment so not much of it is done, but it will get done.

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

No need to rush Dee Jay, take your time.
    About the name of the mod, couldn't find a good one, so please, don't laugh:

(NWW) Napoleon Without a War
    (NNF) Napoleon: Neutral Factions

Here's a name idea:

Ceasefire!

..I tried. Great mod idea though.
    I Appreciate the Otter

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Guys, I have a completely neutral starting campaign, from my work with The Great War. I don't want to tread on any toe's etc. But I can release it if there is want.

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

If its ok with Dee Jay, I don't know if he started the mod already, I think yes Mitch, keep us informed.
    Thanks in advance.

Nah thats fine, I started but I dont really have the time at the moment. sorry guys

Toombs's Avatar Laetus

Hey if you want DJ I could go ahead and help you out with it, since I know not one person can do everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast