Thread: [SOLVED] DMUC ultimate campaign not quite working

Default [SOLVED] DMUC ultimate campaign not quite working

I have read a lot of these threads and none of them seem to address the specific problem(s) I am having, so here goes. I am well aware this is going to sound like the ramblings of an idiot who doesn't know anything. I apologize in advance for that.

Question 1 is the more pertinent, #2 is easily worked around.

Question 1:

When I started playing Empire again last week, I got DMUC 6.2 and patched 6.6 and most was well. I started the game from the DMUC launcher, changed what I felt like from the mod listings (artillery faster reloads, etc) and started an "Ultimate Campaign" and the game started from that link on the DMUC launcher.

However, when I started a Prussian campaign, it looked like it only half-worked. The infantry range was 110, and new units came in at 300 men, but the treasury was unchanged (started at $8000, thought it was supposed to be 5x) Britain and France didn't have their India territories, initial armies were still at 160men.

Thinking I had to have done something wrong, after browsing this forum a while I decided to try again with the new 6.7 patch, which brings me to question 2....

Question 2:

I uninstalled DMUC, and verified ETW integrity with Steam. Once that was done, I redownloaded DMUC 6.2 and tried to run the installer. However, it hangs my computer when I try, and I assume it has something to do with the fact that ETW crashes when I try to run it normally now. (CTD after 15-20 seconds of trying to start up) Should I reinstall? The file integrity was verified successfully just before this happened.

Also both download links list the size of DMUC 6.2 as roughly 1.3 gb - yet I've seen the size 1.6 gb mentioned in other threads - is something not quite right here?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: DMUC ultimate campaign not quite working

To be exact, the size of the DMUC download is 1.341164 GB.

I would suggest you uninstall dmuc completely and start again-it would appear as if the launcher is not moving the startpos into position properly.

Default Re: [UNRESOLVED] DMUC ultimate campaign not quite working

Well, after I deleted the ETW files uninstall wouldn't get rid of, then reinstalled ETW, vanilla ETW works again. So there's that.

However, for some reason the DMUC installer still just hangs my computer whenever I try to run it. I've tried deleting and re-downloading it three times - installer just won't run. Hangs my computer and defies any of my attempts via Task Manager to close the damned thing. I managed to install DMUC successfully before, even though it only seemed to half-work.

I think I'll try playing normal darthmod and not mess with DMUC until I can figure out this problem. Any ideas as to why the launcher itself just doesn't want to cooperate with me?

the DMUC installer takes a while to work, I suggest you give it more time.

I doubt that's it - first time I ran the installer, pre-reinstall of ETW, it was fairly speedy. Tried waiting 20 minutes this last time - still nothing.

It's not a big deal in any case - I'm having a lot of fun with the normal darthmod, it's come a long way since last I played Empire regularly (many months ago)

You can close this thread - I'll try DMUC again a little while down the road, perhaps after I get my new computer. Thanks anyway.

very well.