Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 286

Thread: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

  1. #141

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by rez View Post
    As I said in my original response, that is parade dress and was not worn into battle. The only depiction of a Persian wearing that head dress to fight is in the idealised images of the royal hero (much like naked hoplites).

    there is a reason there aren't any Greek depictions of the crown hat and thats because the Persian soldiers they encountered were all wearing the soft hood that the new immortals have.
    wow cool, I didn't know that. thanks for the Informations bro , good luck with the mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  2. #142

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    and by the way those Saba get it's own army????
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  3. #143

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Hey are you guys changing the hoplites at all? I mean I realise that they were the strongest and best equipped infantry of their time and all. But their ability to resist missile attacks sometimes seems to border on the ridiculous. Is this going to be changed at all in the upcoming release?
    Oh, before anyone gets upity about what I just said. I'd just like to say that I'm not trying to be a prick. This is by far one of the best mods that I've played and I'm looking forward to the next update.

  4. #144
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    10,897

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    Hey are you guys changing the hoplites at all? I mean I realise that they were the strongest and best equipped infantry of their time and all. But their ability to resist missile attacks sometimes seems to border on the ridiculous. Is this going to be changed at all in the upcoming release?
    Oh, before anyone gets upity about what I just said. I'd just like to say that I'm not trying to be a prick. This is by far one of the best mods that I've played and I'm looking forward to the next update.
    They should actually be nerfed by far. Most hoplites were on the level of sparabara, with less training but better equipment (for a prolonged melee engagement in a confined space).

  5. #145

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Really? I had figured they were better, combat wise. Just not so resistant to arrows and javelins.

  6. #146

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    Really? I had figured they were better, combat wise. Just not so resistant to arrows and javelins.
    I think your speaking about the spartan hoplites. which were both well equipt and Exelent worriors.
    other hoplites was mostly well equipt rather than getting hard training day to night since they are 7 years old .

    my answer will be : never ever compare other greek citys with sparta in military. the spartans lived for war

    so yes they were well eqipt but that should make them inwoundrable to missiles, right.
    Last edited by the persian Immortal; April 01, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  7. #147

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    I'd just like to say that I'm not trying to be a prick. This is by far one of the best mods that I've played and I'm looking forward to the next update.
    I agree this mod is just awesome. I'm playing 3 campaigns in the same time. with the spartans , with the persians and I have just started one with the kamet yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  8. #148

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    I think your speaking about the spartan hoplites. which were both well equipt and Exelent worriors.
    other hoplites was mostly well equipt rather than getting hard training day to night since they are 7 years old .

    my answer will be : never ever compare other greek citys with sparta in military. the spartans lived for war

    so yes they were well eqipt but that should make them inwoundrable to missiles, right.
    I wasn't thinking about just Spartan Hoplites, more just Greek Hoplites from the various city states, in general. I would have figured that they'd have some sort of better infantry training simply because they didn't seem to rely on archers and cavalry as much as some of the eastern powers.

  9. #149

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    I wasn't thinking about just Spartan Hoplites, more just Greek Hoplites from the various city states, in general. I would have figured that they'd have some sort of better infantry training simply because they didn't seem to rely on archers and cavalry as much as some of the eastern powers.
    oh come on you want the hoplites to be better than this. they are already the best infantry unit in the mod except the bobylonian gaurd.

    I think the mod has doned well on the hoplites till now you can't expect them to make the Hoplites stronger than they realy was right?

    also I think the ROP team have planes to make the hoplites weeker than they are in V2 in V3, since they want more balanced battles .

    I think they had a problem that every time you have hoplites in your army and use the aouto resolve you will just win the battle.

    one thing the realy should take care of is the is the indian elephants.
    they look undestroctble I had a battle vs the Indians I put fire arrows on them so the ran amok and I kept shooting them down with my archer till the end of the battle (unlimit time battle) but I didn't even killed one of them, this is anoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  10. #150

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    oh come on you want the hoplites to be better than this. they are already the best infantry unit in the mod except the bobylonian gaurd.
    What? No. Did you not read that other stuff that I'd posted? I said they were already too overpowered in some aspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    I think the mod has doned well on the hoplites till now you can't expect them to make the Hoplites stronger than they realy was right?
    Same point as above.
    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    also I think the ROP team have planes to make the hoplites weeker than they are in V2 in V3, since they want more balanced battles .
    Well that would be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    one thing the realy should take care of is the is the indian elephants.
    they look undestroctble I had a battle vs the Indians I put fire arrows on them so the ran amok and I kept shooting them down with my archer till the end of the battle (unlimit time battle) but I didn't even killed one of them, this is anoying
    Yeah, that can be annoying. But I found it easy to deal with the Indian Elephants by just amassing lots of Persian cavalry against them and skirmishing them with lots of javelins. Killed loads of them that way.

  11. #151
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    10,897

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    Really? I had figured they were better, combat wise. Just not so resistant to arrows and javelins.
    How could they be better if the average hoplite received no training, had linen armour just like the sparabara, a better shield and a longer spear. That's how they compare.

  12. #152

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Arlight. I was just saying that I thought it would have been different. You don't have to get snappy about it.

  13. #153
    Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,603

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    The Elite Hoplites won't need much change, as they're pretty fine as they are (although I'll probably crank up their upkeep). It's the regular Ionian and Dorian hoplites which are OP at the moment.
    Not like you'll be able to recruit hoplites outside the Greek sphere of influence or anything. At least not early to mid game

  14. #154

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    can we get some more unit previews for the other factions ??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  15. #155

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    Arlight. I was just saying that I thought it would have been different. You don't have to get snappy about it.
    oh no we are not snappy about it.
    we just having a friendly discussion
    no hard feelings I have injoyed it so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  16. #156
    Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,603

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    can we get some more unit previews for the other factions ??????
    Preview will come when they'll come

  17. #157

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    Preview will come when they'll come
    oh ok, but realy you guys should give the ROP fans a correct time for the V3 to be relist

    don't know how much we should wait is 5 time more anoying than waiting.

    I din't see u guys put a preview of the arstibara (palace gaurds) will they even be in the V3
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  18. #158

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    and by the way Y the game keeps crashing , I have lost two of my campaigns because of some kind of stupit error that keeps poping up. this so not fair IF I have to start those campaigns for the bigining I was just going to destroy the medians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  19. #159
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    10,897

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    oh ok, but realy you guys should give the ROP fans a correct time for the V3 to be relist

    don't know how much we should wait is 5 time more anoying than waiting.

    I din't see u guys put a preview of the arstibara (palace gaurds) will they even be in the V3
    They will be included.

    As for the release time - it's gonna be released when it's released, delays just anger the fans. So better not to reveal it until almost released.

    Oh, and I am not one of the team, I just know what Bull is gonna say.

  20. #160
    Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,603

    Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    oh ok, but realy you guys should give the ROP fans a correct time for the V3 to be relist

    don't know how much we should wait is 5 time more anoying than waiting.

    I din't see u guys put a preview of the arstibara (palace gaurds) will they even be in the V3
    TWC Golden Rule nr 1: Don't ask for release dates, it's done when it's done. You should keep in mind we do this in our free/spare time, so when we don't feel like modding, we don't work on it.

    Arstibara are still in, just not recruitable any more. They'll be spawned in the historical Persian "capitals", and they'll be immobile (i.e., you can't move them out of the city and you can only use them as they were meant: a palace guard).

    edit: Roach the Ninja

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •