Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

lol y have the persian citys have pegan symbol right next to their names , (they were zoroastarians remember)
    Those are the default icons; I hadn't moved the RoP symbols to the right place back then.

why don't you guys change the persian commanders ?

those blonde generals are very wierd since we often don't have blonde people in Iran specially not once with the persian anciestry.
    and you could give the persians family members a helmet or hewear instead making all of them wear a throne.
    I'm not sure but they are many Informations in the web about the persian kings armor when they were present in the battlefield.
    well most of the information belong to Xarxes but It may look better.

I think it's a good Idea but again it's just an Idea so it's up to you guys.

BTW : I was fighting a battle against the medians and i was wondering y the azari spearmen are using the back of their spears when fighting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what about the tempels ?
    Last edited by the persian Immortal; April 15, 2011 at 03:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

why don't you guys change the persian commanders ?
    Because we like them the way they are. Accurate and cool.

those blonde generals are very wierd since we often don't have blonde people in Iran specially not once with the persian anciestry.
    Modern Iran is not Ancient Persia. We made the lesser general blonde to represent the fact that the Persians came from the north and its a throwback to their steppe heritage.

and you could give the persians family members a helmet or hewear instead making all of them wear a throne.
    No. They didn't wear helmets at this point.

I'm not sure but they are many Informations in the web about the persian kings armor when they were present in the battlefield.
    well most of the information belong to Xarxes but It may look better.
    Believe me when I tell you that the Persians look they way that they do because my intensive research has lead me to reconstruct them that way.

The Persians are done and will only ever change if my research finds something new.

1.I trust you man keep up the good work.

2.I don't really think that the ancient persians was blonde any ways, we do have people with green and blue eyes which have hircanian (mazandaranians) anciestry , we also have people with light brown hair those with the median anciestry (azarian), but people with persian anciestry (fars) their usually have dark hair , dark eyes and their skin isn't as bright as the northan Iranians, you should visit shiraz.

3. and BTW the modern Iran isn't like the other countrys we don't have many forigners here like americans have african-american and asian-americans most of the people are native Iranians . exept arabs in the south west ofcaurse, and I don't think that people hair color just start to change when they change the place they live IF it was so you won't have white dudes in USA, all of them would look like the indianas till now.

anyways it's your mod and you decide and I respect what you guys decide.

4.I don't really know about they wear helmets at this time but they surely did in the time of the second invasion of greece.
    my poit here was that every family member and general shouldn't wear a kings throne.right.

5.ofcaurse I belive you bro it's just that I see how you guys try to make this mod as historical as possible so I'm just try to throw some Ideas. Ilove the mod trust me
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    Arstibara are still in, just not recruitable any more. They'll be spawned in the historical Persian "capitals", and they'll be immobile (i.e., you can't move them out of the city and you can only use them as they were meant: a palace guard).

edit: Roach the Ninja
    I need a little more information.
    you can't recruit them any more they were recruitable in V2 ?

are they going to get stronger or not ?
    IF not they will be even more usefull then V2 .

I mean how will it be not recruitable , not moveable lower strange than the anusyia with higher cost and upkeep. =
    BOM to Kakabis

They were palace guard, for the final time. They weren't mean to be "".

They were palace guard, for the final time. They weren't mean to be "".
    so persians gaurded their citys with some stupit noble pretty boys that couldn't even fight ?????? hahahah
    BOM to Kakabis

Not their cities. Their palaces. Do you really think the Swiss Guard, for example, is going to be able to defend Vatican City when it's attacked? No way.
    It's the same with the Arstibara.

Not their cities. Their palaces. Do you really think the Swiss Guard, for example, is going to be able to defend Vatican City when it's attacked? No way.
    It's the same with the Arstibara.
    you could at least make them recruitable so you don't have 83 of them from the start of the campaign and you can't even retrain them and u could make them moveable and just give them a small movement point so they can deal with stupit rebels that pops up around the citys.

I'm sorry man the reason that I'm arguing so much is that this guys were the symbol of my anceinters might and glory so I like them so much making them so useless is just unfair to me
    BOM to Kakabis

The Arstibara were not a symbol of might and glory. You're confusing them with the Anusyia. The Arstibara simply weren't a combat unit.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

They were a parade unit for disciplining spoilt children. /discussion

The Arstibara were not a symbol of might and glory. You're confusing them with the Anusyia. The Arstibara simply weren't a combat unit.
    no , the anushiyas were indeed the best soldiars in asia and the most flexible troops in the world as they could be used as archers , spearmen and even cavelary (anushiya asabari) the anushiya were from a higher class than the persians normal army so they were used in battles only when the battle was hard and the normal troops couldn't handle the battle (like the graco-persian wars) the arastibara was simply too valouable to be thrown to any battle so the were symbol of the empires greatness ( more symbolic troops) they weren't used in the graco-persians wars they only did when the king himself was present in the battlefield .

so for me the arstibara was similar to the roman pratorian (roman palace gaurds) they were symbols while the legions fought the battles.

what I'm trying to say is that the arastibara wasn't usally used in battle not because they were weak but more because they were simply too valueable that what makes them symbols and makes me want to use them in battles just for fun.

BTW: IF you guys see no way to make them recruitable and moveable can u teach me how to make them so for my own game (my own ROP when I downloaded it) ?????
    BOM to Kakabis

o for me the arstibara was similar to the roman pratorian (roman palace gaurds) they were symbols while the legions fought the battles.
    The Praetorians were the best of the best, more comparable to the Anusyia. Don't forget that the Praetorians, for example, also fought in the Dacian wars. the Arstibara did no such thing.
    Again, the Arstibara are more comparable to the Papal Swiss Guard: capable of preventing stuff like assassinations, but not much more.

Also, the Anusyia were *not* from a higher class; they were regular paid men. Nothing high class about them.

what I'm trying to say is that the arastibara wasn't usally used in battle not because they were weak but more because they were simply too valueable that what makes them symbols and makes me want to use them in battles just for fun.
    They were too valuable because they were nobles, so they weren't used in the army, which means they're too weak. Your argument destroys itself

The Praetorians were the best of the best, more comparable to the Anusyia. Don't forget that the Praetorians, for example, also fought in the Dacian wars. the Arstibara did no such thing.
    Again, the Arstibara are more comparable to the Papal Swiss Guard: capable of preventing stuff like assassinations, but not much more.

Also, the Anusyia were *not* from a higher class; they were regular paid men. Nothing high class about them.

They were too valuable because they were nobles, so they weren't used in the army, which means they're too weak. Your argument destroys itself
    the anushiya were choosen soldiars so they were from a higher class than the usual troops so they recived better training and higher qualety equipment that makes them higher in value and strange.

so you say that they were nobles so that prooves that they were symbols that's what I said.

just because they were noble they shouldn't be unrecruitable and so the should be retrainable and recruitable.

BTW : the persian didn't used them in battles because they were valueble but nothing should stop a human players to use them.

and again IF you guys really see no way for changing this can you teach me how I can do it for my self
    BOM to Kakabis

I'm not going to continue this discussion; all respect to you, but you just fail to see that the Arstibara were a ceremonial guard and nothing more. They were not a combat unit, /discussion.

Of course I can (and will, when RoPIII is released) tell you how to make them recruitable

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

If you want uber elite, check the Spartiatai Hippeis. [/discussion]

I'm not going to continue this discussion; all respect to you, but you just fail to see that the Arstibara were a ceremonial guard and nothing more. They were not a combat unit, /discussion.

Of course I can (and will, when RoPIII is released) tell you how to make them recruitable
    thanks all respect to you too , IF you will tell me I will really thank you for it I don't know how to mod so when V3 comes out tell me how to do so in details
    BOM to Kakabis

hey are u guy going to add new formations and new wonders in v3 ? in v2 the onley wonder is the hanging gardens you could add (the statue of rothes or the walls of hyrcania which is the biggest wall in the world after the great walls of china), about the formations v2 onley has 1 special abilety (the fire arrows).

BTW: can any 1 give me a few informations about the kara arstibara, aren't those guys the persian version of hoplites ? I have heard that when persians reached greece persian warfare wasn't realy suitable for the tight mountain ways of greece so the used the greeks warfare against them the kara, but I have also heard that the persians faild and could never train a hoplite that could match the greeks, any way s are you guys sure that they were general bodygaurds????
    BOM to Kakabis

BTW: can any 1 give me a few informations about the kara arstibara, aren't those guys the persian version of hoplites ? I have heard that when persians reached greece persian warfare wasn't realy suitable for the tight mountain ways of greece so the used the greeks warfare against them the kara, but I have also heard that the persians faild and could never train a hoplite that could match the greeks, any way s are you guys sure that they were general bodygaurds????
    Take note, everything I'm going to say is from the top of my head. Rez should lighten you up more about this
    The Kara Arstibara weren't hoplites (you're probably mistaking them for the Kardakes). You see, the professional army (the Anusyia), were regular men. Not nobles. The Arstibara were noble palace guards. The Kara Arstibara were armed in the same way as the Anusyia, but were the bodyguard of the Persian generals. They were nobles and they basically were the "in the field" version of the regular Arstibara.

Take note, everything I'm going to say is from the top of my head. Rez should lighten you up more about this
    The Kara Arstibara weren't hoplites (you're probably mistaking them for the Kardakes). You see, the professional army (the Anusyia), were regular men. Not nobles. The Arstibara were noble palace guards. The Kara Arstibara were armed in the same way as the Anusyia, but were the bodyguard of the Persian generals. They were nobles and they basically were the "in the field" version of the regular Arstibara.
    oh ok those kardakes are they going to be in the persian army as well ?
    again i'm not talking about V3 but the feature versions
    BOM to Kakabis