Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

do you guy's have planes for the time frame cyrus the great is too old for the start so it's not possible to conquer mada , babylon , lydia and lonia as he historically did . and kambuje should take over egypt, I'm not sure but I think that dariush took a small part of greece as well . hey wait will there be any other factions left ???????
    it would most likly be onley greece vs persia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    What did you expect? Always interested in hearing ideas!
    Back in times of XVIIth century mod, we had an idea that strat map speed would different depending on the specific units, not entire unit types. For example, Crimean Khanate's light horse units would be moving faster on strategic map than adequate units of Sweden, but Swedish regimental guns would have strat speed of infantry.
    Because of this feature, we could show the doctrinal difference of Eastern and Western warfare- the former being based on mobility, ability to quickly cover great distances (steppes of Ukraine and Russia), and second one slower, but with greater siege capacity.
    But then of course I realised it is (?) impossible to do this.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

@intel
    I too searched for ways to do it, but you can only edit the speed of unit types, rather than units themselves, as you said. This works just as well, I guess

@pharoh
    Well, we do have 2 campaigns: non-persian and persian. In the non-persian campaign, Persia gets huge bonusses that'll let the AI function as the historical Persia: very expansionist.

[QUOTE=Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze;9321725
    @pharoh
    Well, we do have 2 campaigns: non-persian and persian. In the non-persian campaign, Persia gets huge bonusses that'll let the AI function as the historical Persia: very expansionist.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I realized that when playing the spartan campaighn.

any ways are you guys going to give the madians a better quality cavelary. they are out classed by the persians both in Infantry, archers, and cavelary . and I think the madians were called mighty so I think they deserve to be better than this. right

again it's just up to you guys I just love to throw new Ideas IF doing this bother you guys I'm sorry, I don't mean to hurt anybody .
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

The last time I looked, the Medians had 3 cavalry units, of which one was a horse archer unit. The Persians only have 2.
    In which way are the Persians superiour here?

Since the Persians and Medians both didn't rely on horse archers btw, they won't have them in v3 (except for the ones Media has now). The AOR Iranians, however, will be available in horse archer form

The last time I looked, the Medians had 3 cavalry units, of which one was a horse archer unit. The Persians only have 2.
    In which way are the Persians superiour here?

Since the Persians and Medians both didn't rely on horse archers btw, they won't have them in v3 (except for the ones Media has now). The AOR Iranians, however, will be available in horse archer form
    I'm taking about cavelarys strenge not the number of unit type.

even the noble Azari cavelary of the mada is as strong as the anushia asabari for the persians. having many different unit types doesn't win a battle right .

but the azari spear man is awesome
    BOM to Kakabis

even the noble Azari cavelary of the mada is as strong as the anushia asabari for the persians. having many different unit types doesn't win a battle right
    That's because the Arizantians are the Median counterparts of the Anusyia Asabari. They're meant to be the same.
    And different unit types does win a battle, since you have less weaknesses and more of the combined arms-approach (never heard of the WWII-term "Blitzkireg"?)

And different unit types does win a battle, since you have less weaknesses and more of the combined arms-approach (never heard of the WWII-term "Blitzkireg"?)
    by saying unit type I didn't ment different unit types like Missile, cavelary or Infantry.
    I ment for exampel Mada has 3 different cavelary , 3 different archers and 2 different spear man + an elite Spear archer wich looks awesome.
    BOM to Kakabis

That's because the Arizantians are the Median counterparts of the Anusyia Asabari. They're meant to be the same.
    exactly the azari cav is the counterparts of anushia asabari but History says that the median had better cav than persians and persians was masters of the bow.
    BOM to Kakabis

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    exactly the azari cav is the counterparts of anushia asabari but History says that the median had better cav than persians and persians was masters of the bow.
    Which history? You'll have to compete with Rez on that

by saying unit type I didn't ment different unit types like Missile, cavelary or Infantry.
    I ment for exampel Mada has 3 different cavelary , 3 different archers and 2 different spear man + an elite Spear archer wich looks awesome.
    Yes - and those 3 Median cavalry units all have their own strengths and weaknesses, and to have a balanced army you'll need all 3. The Persians only have 2, so are at a disadvantage

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

y'all should hire carados to work on hoplite balance. He has it figured out pretty well. They don't use shield wall, but their shields interlock and they aren't invulnerable to missiles or frontal attack, but realistically resistant.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=68237

his profile

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

You can't balance a single unit type - balancing means adjusting the stats of every unit according to other's stats for maximum realism and best gameplay.

Which history? You'll have to compete with Rez on that
    I read this stuf from you guys.
    you guys said that the medians were cavelary based didn't you ?
    since they used the famous Nisean horses.

and about persian well they were trained to master the bow ever since they were kids in their town squer wich every bodey knows .

Yes - and those 3 Median cavalry units all have their own strengths and weaknesses, and to have a balanced army you'll need all 3. The Persians only have 2, so are at a disadvantage
    usally all cavs are week against spears and strong against casing light troops and missiles.

IF there is sth special about this 3 cavs I glad to here some advise about them
    Last edited by rez; April 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
    BOM to Kakabis

I read this stuf from you guys.
    you guys said that the medians were cavelary based didn't you ?
    since they used the famous Nisean horses.

and about persian well they were trained to master the bow ever since they were kids in their town squer wich every bodey knows .
    So were the Medes. I still don't get your point.
    usally all cavs are week against spears and strong against casing light troops and missiles.

IF there is sth special about this 3 cavs I glad to here some advise about them
    We are talking about a cavalry advantage here. The Medes have more different types of cavalry than the Persians = a cavalry advantage. Full stop.

So were the Medes. I still don't get your point.
    my point now is that this discussion is going too far let forget it.
    ......... what do you mean by saying "SO Were the medes" ?

. The Medes have more different types of cavalry than the Persians = a cavalry advantage. Full stop.
    OH I didn't know that so you say that mada have 3 type cav and persians have 2 type cav and that make madians stronger in cavelary......... you know what whatever you say bro but I still don't think that having 1 more cav unit can offer that much advantage that allowing us to say that the medians are stronger than the pars in cav.

by the way I'm Iranian so Pars and mada are both two awesome kingdoms for me so I'm not offending anybody or any kingdom here, We're cool ?
    Last edited by rez; April 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
    BOM to Kakabis

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

The medes and the persians were essentially the same in every way, they even spoke the same language.

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

An extra type of cavalry would give the resourceful general quite the advantage over his opponent.

Had a question about your mod.
    Are you guys using the religion system as the government system? As in oligarchists, monarchists, and w/e the third option is?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    The medes and the persians were essentially the same in every way, they even spoke the same language.
    I know they both spoke the same language cause they were both Iranians. parthians was Iranians too but I'm not sure that they spoke the same language as the persians and the medians.

but they were not the same in military

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    and they were surely not the same in every way

correct me if i'm wrong but I think this in a book that was about cyrus the greats life :

" when cyrus came to mada with his mother mandana for the first time he was amaized by see the way medians lived, their buildings and their culture was different from the persians"
    Last edited by rez; April 10, 2011 at 10:38 AM.
    BOM to Kakabis

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkitsdead View Post
    An extra type of cavalry would give the resourceful general quite the advantage over his opponent.

Had a question about your mod.
    Are you guys using the religion system as the government system? As in oligarchists, monarchists, and w/e the third option is?
    Yes, just like in v2

lol y have the persian citys have pegan symbol right next to their names , (they were zoroastarians remember)

BTW : did you guys took care of the persian tempels ?
    BOM to Kakabis