Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    That would require a total remodding of RSII and would be a mod of its own as this would requiere different factions,units,banners,starting positions and so on...
    Additionally...giving Rome 140 starting provinces out of 200 is not going to be the most challenging game ever
    If the RTW engine would support 1000 provinces it would be a different story...but unfortnately this is not the case and until CA will not give up on the source code will never happen...
    having in mind that M2TW, ETW, NTW and even S2TW are still using the corecode of RTW one can imagine that CA will not release the source code before we are all in Pensionist age....
    Its like with Windows...all 32bit Windos are still using the core architecture

..Think it was the Roman Oppidums who provided the troops...My setting sort of reverted the new one to the old one even if its slightly different but without Roman Oppidums there will be no troops
    Agreed it would involve re-modding that was supposed to be my point, but if it was ever done I think it would be good fun, Germannic tribes raiding and sacking cities, Parthian invasions, revolts, usurpers. It similar to the SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANI mod....anyhow I was suggestion you make it, I was merely pointing out starting positions of legions wouldn't be enough.

Signature made by Joar

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

UPDATE 17.01.2011 see post 3

and

PUBLIC BETA RELEASE 21.01.2011

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Agreed it would involve re-modding that was supposed to be my point, but if it was ever done I think it would be good fun, Germannic tribes raiding and sacking cities, Parthian invasions, revolts, usurpers.
    That would all be great if only the engine would support 1000 provinces or so...that would give the necessary room for more in-depth strategy and economy to assure that the enemys will be strong enough to pose some sort of threat

Looking forward to it!

Btw can't this thread be posted in the submod thread were it stays a bit more on top?

Furthermore I wanted to know the following: I know that the campaign is 1-turn and I think it's fine for the higher quality type units, but is it possible to make skirmish units still 0-turn? I feel like this would reflect the easier recruitability and quantitative availability of such unit types.
    Last edited by I3enjaIvIin; January 18, 2011 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    Looking forward to it!

Btw can't this thread be posted in the submod thread were it stays a bit more on top?

Furthermore I wanted to know the following: I know that the campaign is 1-turn and I think it's fine for the higher quality type units, but is it possible to make skirmish units still 0-turn? I feel like this would reflect the easier recruitability and quantitative availability of such unit types.
    I will make a new thread in the submod section for the download and for questions regarding mechanics and/or bugs and I will rename this thread here DISCUSSION and will let it for general conversation. I feel that with only one topic things would get mixed up to much.

As for the making some units 0Turn: Iam convinced that the AI would throw endless stacks of levy units on the player if light skirmishers would be recruitable for 0Turn, a pure waste of population and money and a relapse towards 0Turn. Dont forget that, even if this is the Roman Campaign, lots of Units are shared between factions: For example between Rome, Roman Rebels and the Free People. On the other hand I would have to remove certain units for other Factions and it would put the AI in huge disadvantage if I would make skirmishers recruitable in 0Turn for the Player only because the player could levy emergency armies instantly once he Is on defensive.
    The idea itself is good but I dont have the impression that the game mechanic is sophisticated enough to make use of such a setting in a sensible way. The impact on the overall gameplay would be unpredictable. 1Turn gameplay is very very difficult to balance.

Puuuuuuhhhh...
    Had an errorless CTD yesterday and I thought..."Brilliant, just before releasing the beta to my fellow forumers I cant continue campaign cause I get an errorless CTD"...I was so frustrated....
    Luckily I found the casue this morning and today Iam upagain ...
    It was a messed up Ancillary...now its working properly and no CTD anymore...
    Everything looks very good so far...only thing Iam still a bit experimenting with the overall income...
    a dumb money cap is bad and one feels like being raped but having infinite money makes the game less interesting..I getting closer to a better balance but it will probably take a bit more time to get that really perfect..anyway....see you on Friday

Now they are working as they should ...puuuuh

Just to let people know that its possible to get awesome unbelivable skilled governours and characters if you do it the right way. This is the trait and retinue increase of one single Turn and I had to let out a bunch because they did not fit into the image.

Hey Chris!

About the legionary ancillaries, how does this work in practise? Is there a certain minimum number in order to gain the ancillary of (like 1 first and 3 regular cohorts?) Because if you'd for example have 1 legion of each for 1 commander, he would be getting way too awesome. Can't wait till Friday btw!

Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    Hey Chris!

About the legionary ancillaries, how does this work in practise? Is there a certain minimum number in order to gain the ancillary of (like 1 first and 3 regular cohorts?) Because if you'd for example have 1 legion of each for 1 commander, he would be getting way too awesome. Can't wait till Friday btw!
    Look in the first post under Legion Ancillarys... There is a map and a list on where to get them...
    The first General who passes a turn in the settlement where you get an Ancillary will get it.
    Every Legion Ancillary can exist only once ...If one General has it no other can have it
    Last edited by chris10; January 19, 2011 at 03:54 PM.

PREVIEW:
    MORE SCREENS

With very well balanced bandit armys I make sure that the Player can fight enemys which in a normal campaign he probably will not see very often.Here its a bunch of Insubres Infantry, Helveti Infantry, Ligurian Noble Cavalry and others
    As I dont have time to play these battles I use autoresolve

These Nomad Bandits in Africa will be more difficult to eradicate...They have Chariots, Elephants...very Balanced Desert Army...even an experienced Allied Legion get the ass kicked with a 2 Star General...
    can you do better ?

Expect a wide diversity of bandit enemys with different balanced Armys...so sometimes the usual tactics will not do and players have to think of soemthing else

Last edited by chris10; January 19, 2011 at 07:29 PM.

LAST UPDATE BEFORE BETA RELEASE !

This speaks for itself
    Thnx a bunch Paedric...

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

The first General who passes a turn in the settlement where you get an Ancillary will get it.
    Every Legion Ancillary can exist only once ...If one General has it no other can have it
    Can you get a new one if a general dies of old age with that ancillary?

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

I'm really waiting the time I can try out this mod. Looks great!!!

Does the mod overwrite Rome One Turn folder?

I guess the picture in the last post from chris10 is a hint that it doesn't?

By the way I'm looking forward the beta release tomorrow!

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Chris 10! As we can see on pictures that you've linked many rebel armys so I would like to ask you your mod consits of more rebellions or brigand armys than the original RS? It would be good because o the wider timeframe. Is it possible to make scripted teutonic, quad, marcomann...etc invasions in your mod later on? Are you planning it at all? Thanks!
    Last edited by mgabor27; January 20, 2011 at 02:11 PM.

Does this mod begin during the reign of Nerva?

I, too, am very impressed. Well done, Chris10. I look forward to playing this mod ... a lot.

~ Dani ~

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth88 View Post

By the way I'm looking forward the beta release tomorrow!
    I think this must be it, knowing how the launcher works and that it draws from subfolders. Nice. I was going to do a clean install of RSII just for this mod, but it looks as if I can just load it over my current RSII install.

~ D ~
    Last edited by Aristotle's Folly; January 20, 2011 at 02:47 PM.
    Roma Surrectum II Rome Playtester

Please call me Dani ... Yes, it's true ... I'm a girl ...

I give rep to people for being helpful, considerate, or clever. Ergo, you DO NOT have to rep me in return. Your being clever does not entitle me to rep. See?

Quote Originally Posted by Fingy View Post
    Does this mod begin during the reign of Nerva?
    I suppose you did not read the opening post,did you ?
    Have a look under Timeframe
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabor27 View Post
    I'm really waiting the time I can try out this mod. Looks great!!!
    thnx..very kind
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabor27 View Post
    Chris 10! As we can see on pictures that you've linked many rebel armys so I would like to ask you your mod consits of more rebellions or brigand armys than the original RS? It would be good because o the wider timeframe. Is it possible to make scripted teutonic, quad, marcomann...etc invasions in your mod later on? Are you planning it at all? Thanks!
    I recommend you read the opening Post.
    Insurrections,Uprises,Spartacus etc...there is a bunch of things already implemented and during the next 2 weeks I will add some more while the beta is played. As by now there are 1 or 2 things which I did not mention nowhere...surprise,surprise ...although these events are only happen under certain circumstances...so some will have them, some not..that adds some random element to the campaign
    Quote Originally Posted by [100]jplay.TGC View Post
    Can you get a new one if a general dies of old age with that ancillary?
    Of course you can !
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    Does the mod overwrite Rome One Turn folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth88 View Post
    Obvious, isnt it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle's Folly View Post
    I, too, am very impressed. Well done, Chris10. I look forward to playing this mod ... a lot.
    ~ Dani ~
    thnx Dani ..I hope it will be fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle's Folly View Post
    I think this must be it, knowing how the launcher works and that it draws from subfolders. Nice. I was going to do a clean install of RSII just for this mod, but it looks as if I can just load it over my current RSII install.
    ~ D ~
    yes...there comes a seperated modfolder and a new launcher...just a few files are going into the main data folder...a few images and some ancillary files, nothing really important
    Paedric managed to make the launcher just on time...
    Last edited by chris10; January 20, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

As by now there are 1 or 2 things which I did not mention nowhere...surprise,surprise ...
    Yeahh! I'm realy wondering what kind of "things" you talk about

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

Very nice...
    and sorry about the error with the legion ancillaries mate...
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

I hope that czech player like this sub mod

http://totalwarforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7929

Chris you are the best :-)