Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    Can this mod run with old saves?
    Impossible...
    there are so many changes to so much files...
    EDB, EDU, Names.txt, Regions and Settlement Names.txt, Traits Ancillarys, Map Changes, Backgroundsript is double the size,

This requieres a fresh campaign but it worths it ...I have so much fun in my test campaign,despite the fact that I have to play without FOW in order to observe closely what happens for eventual debugging.
    I will meet the reform today...Just managed to capture greece on time to have a more or less historical expansion on the reform date...

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Here some screens from the Spartacus uprise I passed 2 days ago.
    I had to throw various Legions and Allied Legions against them before I could wore them down...

that was fun

Spartacus Army
    . As they where Slaves and POW's from a dozen countrys there is a wide variety of units and lots of different fighting styles. Thinking about it I find it even more convincing and plausible than just a bunch of gladiator units, especially when bearing in mind that Spartacus men seized a huge amount of military equipmet from killed roman troops. So its more likely that they equipped themselfs and fought in their national style according their culture rather then present themselfs on the battlefield as Gladiators.

One of Spartacus two Subcommanders

First Legion I throwed against Spartacus main army..I had a 10 star General but lost terribly

And NO...the date is not fixed...Spartacus was about 70bc but I had to tie it to a certain event to meet another condition. Dont bother to ask... I wont tell you anyway as it would take the fun away
    Last edited by chris10; January 11, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW: Play Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    for 589 AUC it looks pretty normal...until then there is little expansion on the AI factions in 1Turn,
    but I see the Belgae are already on their way to chew up th Averni
    actually I was playing on 0-turn and 12 tpy model

btw, your latest screenshots are really awesome!!! btw, I like the moon shaped rebel flag, I never had anything like that. you create it by yourself?
    Last edited by military tribune; January 11, 2011 at 09:04 AM.

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

Nice...so they're the troops that Spartacus will be getting...
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW: Play Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by military tribune View Post
    actually I was playing on 0-turn and 12 tpy model
    coughhh...coughhh
    Quote Originally Posted by military tribune View Post
    btw, your latest screenshots are really awesome!!! btw, I like the moon shaped rebel flag, I never had anything like that. you create it by yourself?
    that was great fun..I was desperate to wear them down but Spartacus has the herbalist ancillary and recovers up to 20% of his losses ...oh,man...he alone chewed up 4 Legions...his 2 subcommanders have a bit weaker and smaller armys but Spartacus main force is a pain in the ass...
    only new flag I made is the roman one...the rebel flag is the default for that area...every area has another flag for the free people...look at spawning brigand armys...they have the same flag as the free people when they are in the same area
    Quote Originally Posted by drecie14 View Post
    Nice...so they're the troops that Spartacus will be getting...
    yup..thats release stuff ....if I only had more time during the week to advance quicker in the campaign I could release it earlier but I have to run the test until the end
    Last edited by chris10; January 11, 2011 at 11:00 AM.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Im impressed chris, it seems tha Defender of Central Europe (EB) has come back to haunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

This looks really good looking forward to playing, although I do like forced diplomacy, for role playing and helping the Germans and Parthians to survive till the end.So when I conquer the empire they'll be at my borders.

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    This looks really good looking forward to playing, although I do like forced diplomacy, for role playing and helping the Germans and Parthians to survive till the end.So when I conquer the empire they'll be at my borders.
    thats not cheating...
    force diplomacy only becomes cheating when players start use it to gain an advantage

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah I like forced diplomacy, but am I right in thinking you won't be including it?

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    Yeah I like forced diplomacy, but am I right in thinking you won't be including it?
    It is included with original RSII backgroundscript..so no problem...it will be there

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|2|Lazyo View Post
    Im impressed chris, it seems tha Defender of Central Europe (EB) has come back to haunt
    oooooohhhhh yes
    Last edited by chris10; January 11, 2011 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    well...units take 1 turn to recruit....its the default RTW setting...
    less stack spam..every army and every battle has more importance as armys can not be replaced instantly like in 0turn recruitment...
    1turn campaign has a stronger strategy part and requieres more planning as logistics are totally different due to the recruitment system.
    Oh, ok. Your work looks good btw

This looks REALLY GOOD, when is this out???? I NEED TO PLAY THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleyx View Post
    This looks REALLY GOOD, when is this out???? I NEED TO PLAY THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thnx...
    Be patient...Iam testing right now but a campaign is pretty long so it takes a while especially because during the week I dont have to much time to push the game forward...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Uxbridge View Post
    Oh, ok. Your work looks good btw
    very kind...

FOR UPDATE 12.01.2011 LOOK POST 3
    Last edited by chris10; January 14, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

What about releasing a beta version? Hm? I wouldn't mind to stumble about a bug or two for playin this right now...

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    What about releasing a beta version? Hm? I wouldn't mind to stumble about a bug or two for playin this right now...
    Iam playing the beta...yeah...I know..Iam a hopeless perfectionist...
    I had a errorless CTD on the weekend and it took me half freakin day to find the problem..at least I wanna make sure that a release does not end with errorless CTDs caused by main content ...I know it can happen as players may play a bit different but I do like to make sure at least a few things and the bug on the weekend prooved me right....I play this a bit further to trigger the Marian Reforms to see how players can manage the transition without Generic Legionarys and then I probably will make a public beta release...

FOR UPDATE 13.01.2011 LOOK POST 3
    Last edited by chris10; January 14, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

christ can you change the family line , i strongly hate the family system in current version and feel like we have too many so called "family members" but what's the point if we can't not set them as heir ?

Quote Originally Posted by rometotal View Post
    christ can you change the family line , i strongly hate the family system in current version and feel like we have too many so called "family members" but what's the point if we can't not set them as heir ?

uuuuhhhhh...no....sorry...I did not want to touch essential core features of RSII...this is all extremely well worked out...
    I dont see a problem anyway..Iam always short of family members for Governours or Generals and have to recruit lots of Generals which eventually get adopted into another family not visible for the player...
    dont know if you knew that there is more than 1 familiy tree for the Romans, only thing is that you cant see it...if your current leader family would die out another familiy would take over

Excellent, excellent job! I can't wait to finally return to a one-turn sanity. LOL

One question: won't we have to choose between this expansion and a 2.2 patch or is compatibility going to be a nonissue?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    Excellent, excellent job! I can't wait to finally return to a one-turn sanity. LOL

One question: won't we have to choose between this expansion and a 2.2 patch or is compatibility going to be a nonissue?
    thnx
    as this is provided as entire Play_Rome_One_Turn folder it should have nothing to do with a patch 2.2...on the other hand Iam not sure 2.2 will offer much new content but rather a few tweaks
    There are a few files with 5 Good Emperors going into the main data folder but they have only to do with Legion Ancillarys (coming with 2.2 anyway) and new Legion Unit Cards and a new Campaign Banner for Rome...these things wont affect 2.2 neither they will be affected....
    As for the modfoldered Campaign...well..people can make a copy of their original 1Turn Rome Campaign and switch back and forth between expansion campaign and vanilla Rome1Turn by drag and draw the folder in or out.
    I will place a txt file in the data file indicating that one has the expansion at hand as from sheer appearance both folders can not be distinguished from each other.
    Last edited by chris10; January 13, 2011 at 11:46 AM.

Hurrying to get a more or less historical expansion on triggering the reform in 646 AUC. The screen shows that Garrisons are well placed and selected as casualties among the attackers army are a lot more realistic. Obviously my General is herbalist and had recovered a fair amount of his injured men otherwise the surving rate would be less than 50%.
    btw: Spartas garrisons are the weakest ones. Taking Citys from others is a bit tougher
    Using a green Army in this case instead of a silver chevron one for sure would have ended in a clear defeat.

A public beta will be released soon as things look good so far.

Last edited by chris10; January 13, 2011 at 05:38 PM.