Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    I mean if the enemy attack one of my city and I know it will lose I make it my capital and after the enemy take it there will be a counter attack, right? And I can do this with all of my cities.

...sorry but, nope ...counterattacks will only help the AI if you take the capital of a any faction...this is to make it nearly impossible that Players blitz early. If you want to take a capital you have to bring 3-5 Legions to succeed and to hold it...this will help that Players must concentrate their forces for successful campaigns and will be short in other theatres thus having no offensive power in more than one spot at a time....

If the Player looses a city he has to reatake it by his own means...

"The ones who run today will live to fight another day"

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Some question: in the new recruitment system , do Oppidum Organization and Oppidum Colonization provide any troop? Do they give any happiness penalty with Client state?

Some question: in the new recruitment system , do Oppidum Organization and Oppidum Colonization provide any troop? Do they give any happiness penalty with Client state?

They maintain their original values...
    Oppidums are giving a law bonus simulating romanization and civilization process but will have a happiness penalty with client state depending on their level.I did not change anything here.

There is no change in what building will provide which troos..Its just that I tied the 2 trees
    ( Oppidum and Goverment Determination ) together and made them conditional to each other.
    See post 1 Roman Recruitment depends on Romanization.
    It not seemed logical that by building 1 building (Client State) a new conquered area would provide a mass of allied troops and all allied roman units too.It is more likely to expect that a recently conquered area still suffers from some unrest and unwillingness during the following years...that is now properly reflected.
    With the new setting the player has to "romanize" an area before it will provide any troops.
    As well it helps that players dont forget to build the oppidums because they will need them upgraded for numbered legions and with the current recruitment lots of players did not even bother to built them because they could get their troops thru client state

Last edited by chris10; December 22, 2010 at 03:31 AM.

Making progress...
    Barbarian Insurrection test

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Omg Nice work there mate!! But why is there an Arverni resurrection in Germany? Or ca nit be different factions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Will the AI have to deal with the reinforcements if they take a capital as well? That would definitely help the AI from blitzing as well, which they are notorious for.

Great job!

Looking very good! Like to see more!

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusTullius View Post
    Looking very good! Like to see more!
    thnx......very kind
    working like crazy but Iam on my own and the coding is soooooo slow...code,implement,test--CTD--check--fix--implement--test---if you lucky--working--if not..CTD--check--and so on...the hours are just flyin away....

see more ?...coincidence that I just have something new at hand ...Interactive Campaing Messages

so nobody can whine later that he has not be warned before he got his ass kicked....

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|2|Lazyo View Post
    Omg Nice work there mate!! But why is there an Arverni resurrection in Germany? Or ca nit be different factions?
    Cant reveal to much but this was a test only...It is not only/or necessarily Avernii

Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    Will the AI have to deal with the reinforcements if they take a capital as well? That would definitely help the AI from blitzing as well, which they are notorious for.
    Great job!
    thank you...
    as for your question...The entire setting only works for or against the Player...a script working in any direction including the AI would be longer than from earth to moon
    Last edited by chris10; December 22, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Can you make the mod fix the "coward" problem? Now I have dozen of cowards under my command.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

interesting...

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

Great job with the scripts...
    A great way to reenact the turmoils during the later days of the Roman empire
    I noticed that you managed to include a Spartacus one...
    too bad there aren't gladiator units
    Interesting...perhaps you could add the Jewish Rebellions?
    Don't know how many times they rebelled but that could give the player more challenges for his late game/empire...
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

With the addition of all the scripts, whats the loading times/ lag like? Hopefully not too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by drecie14 View Post
    Great job with the scripts...
    A great way to reenact the turmoils during the later days of the Roman empire
    I noticed that you managed to include a Spartacus one...
    too bad there aren't gladiator units
    Interesting...perhaps you could add the Jewish Rebellions?
    Don't know how many times they rebelled but that could give the player more challenges for his late game/empire...

wow..woow..wooow......easy now....
    once I get everything together I just hope that the game will not lag to death...
    dont forget that the original backgroundscript is still there too...and with the garrison script, counterattack script, the barbarian insurrection, the eastern uprise, spartacus and the campaign messages the entire campaign script will be pretty long already...
    also there is a hidden invasion if a certain condition is met ...I wont say anything until somebody will post someday something like this: "holy crap,when I took xxxxx from xxxxx....suddenly there where all these bonecrushing xxxx around and annihalated my precious border legions"

you dont have to worry for a challenge...there will be a few of them...especially in the later game ...obviously only if certain conditions are met...
    I did not wanted it happen all the time no matter what..that would be to static so I set a few conditions but if they are not met nothing happens...

With the addition of all the scripts, whats the loading times/ lag like? Hopefully not too bad!
    I really dont know...once I have everything implemented I will run an alpha..if its unacceptable slow I will have to take things out...

The truth is that now Iam scared. In the beginning I only wanted a garrison script and found myself forced to take that matter into my own hands...and now Iam here trying to wring a whohle new experience out of the Rome Campaign which will either end in a gleamy success or in an epic fail...
    Last edited by chris10; December 23, 2010 at 06:04 AM.

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

I'm sure it will turn out right
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

My roman 1turn campaign is stopped because of this. It just has to work.
    Can't wait to start a new one with all these nice additions!

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    I really dont know...once I have everything implemented I will run an alpha..if its unacceptable slow I will have to take things out...

The truth is that now Iam scared. In the beginning I only wanted a garrison script and found myself forced to take that matter into my own hands...and now Iam here trying to wring a whohle new experience out of the Rome Campaign which will either end in a gleamy success or in an epic fail...
    Well we are all here to help when it needs to be tested! And no doubt it will take RSII to another level!

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    After endless hours of experimenting I nearly have him working
    And YES, he is a named Character and NO, almost sure he will not cause a clone Character CTD.
    His appearrance will be of short time anyway because if the Player does not deal with him quick he will cause quite a bit of frustration
    Any named character has the potential to be cloned and cause a CTD. That's the reason we removed the named generals from the AI stacks.

Can you make the mod fix the "coward" problem? Now I have dozen of cowards under my command.
    The next update (to RS2.2) will do that anyway.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Any named character has the potential to be cloned and cause a CTD. That's the reason we removed the named generals from the AI stacks.
    yes...you are right...however...I base my assumption on this:
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    A sub_faction character will still cause a CTD if given that prefix IF he's not coded in the family tree (as dvk states) - evidently slaves excepted.
    I'm thinking the wives can be listed as "dead" to stop the player wondering why lots of old wives who are not in his family tree keep on dying?
    Like dvk, I also dislike coding family tree stuff
    There is also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    What if the slave faction starts with named characters? Like in RTR 6 where there are dozens of them. And obviously they are not part of a family tree. In RTR they have wives, but there`s no other connection between them. Would this be likely to cause the bug you`ve described?
    in answer to the above:
    Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    Considering RTR is pretty stable, I'd say not. Plus the slave faction doesn't behave like other factions, named characters included.
    Looks like the slave faction works different from the other factions and is not that susceptive for the clone CTD as they are apparently not organized in family trees hence will not be adopted and therefore can not cause a clone to be created. Call it a feeling but Iam positive that this will work ...
    but Iam not that bullheaded to not be aware that It could provoke a clone CTD ....I will take a precaution measure on release
    btw... if you have a look to EB background script they spawned plenty of slave named characters and apparently had no problems...I scanned EB forum for clone CTD and indeed they had this problem but only with spawned faction characters and none reported due to slave characters...thats promising.
    I give it a try. If there are no problems this will open the way for a fair amount of features/invasions etc to be scripted using the slave faction and all with pretty good generals

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    The next update (to RS2.2) will do that anyway.
    yup..only little downside is that I dont know when its released and I will release this as the entire Rome1Turn folder to be replaced with he original one. So people can switch the folders in and out without need to install or change the original. So I will change the trigger chances too

Well we are all here to help when it needs to be tested! And no doubt it will take RSII to another level!
    thanks for lifting spirits & rep
    Last edited by chris10; December 23, 2010 at 07:00 PM.

Client state gives happiness bonus but also happiness penalty if there are Oppidum buildings. But now we have to buid Oppidum before building client states. So...?

Client state gives happiness bonus but also happiness penalty if there are Oppidum buildings. But now we have to buid Oppidum before building client states. So...?

so ?......
    you have to built the oppidums anyway as you need the level 3 oppidum for field of mars....they stand for romanization...
    the tiny bit of happiness penalty is nothing to worry..and if...well..maintain a bigger garrison...