Page 1 of 62 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Five Good Emperors (Play Rome 1Turn Enhanced)
    link at the bottom

NOTE: MOD CAN BE PLAYED WITH RSII 2.6. JUST TAKE THE LAUNCHER OUT OF THIS MOD AND INSTALL ACCORDING TO INSTALL NOTES. THEN USE RSII 2.6 LAUNCHER

Read what others think about FGE:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...80#post8599680

Quick foreword:
    First of all I would like to thank the RSII team again for making this beautiful game and bringing RTW back to my life and being part of the team now really has something magical.

The Five Good Emperors, were a series of excellent emperors who ruled in Rome from 96-180 AD. Following the Flavian Dynasty. They were so called because they succeeded in winning the support and cooperation of the senate, which is something their predecessors and successors had failed to accomplish. Nerva (reigned ad 96–98), Trajan (98–117), Hadrian (117–138), Antoninus Pius (138–161), and Marcus Aurelius (161–180), who presided over the most majestic days of the Roman Empire.
    I used this title mainly to determine the
    additional game time not because of any era specific content.

Whats this about:
    This expansion is dedicated to veteran players who want and need more challenge and has only one goal:
    Reinforcing the strategy and thinking part, making it considerably harder for the player to expand and to hold ground, without touching anything essential of RSII. Players have to be a lot smarter in this Campaign as they will have to overcome various problems like being outnumbered, unexpected setbacks, economic inability to fight in more than one theatre at a time and maybe entirely lost invasion forces who need to be replaced.

Features:

Timeframe
    Extedend Timeframe now including the time of the 5 good emperors 96ad.- 180ad.
    Game will end 933 A.U.C = 180 ad

Thats another 160 turns of 1 Turn fun for slow play making the gamea total of 798 turns.
    IMPORTANT: THE GAME WILL BE LONGER AND NOT LIMITED TO THAT TIMEFRAME

Victory Conditions
    Unique victory conditions. Holding 140 settelments including the Trajan conquest.
    (Palmyra, Dura Europus, Arbela, Opis, Armavir, Van ,Cabalaca,Babylon and Olbia)

Legion Ancillaries
    Legion Ancillaries
    Attachment 134007 Attachment 127255
    LEGION ANCILLARIES CITYS LEGION ANCILLARIES CITYS
    1. HAMATA LEGIONS ROMAN FORTRESS
    # Legio I Germanica Arretium
    # Legio II Augusta Genoa
    # Legio III Augusta Carthago
    # Legio III Gallica Taurasia
    # Legio V Alaudae Mediolanon
    # Legio VI Ferrata Salonae
    # Legio VII Claudia Pia Fidelis Capua
    # Legio VIII Augusta Cannae
    # Legio IX Hispana Emporiae
    # Legio X Gemina Pia Ariminum
    # Legio XI Claudia Pia Fidelis Surakousai
    # Legio XIII Gemina Patavium
    # Early Praetorian Legion Rome
    2.SEGMENTATA LEGIONS CURIA
    # Legio I Minerva Pia Fidelis Athenai
    # Legio I Adiutrix Segestica
    # Legio III Cyrenaica Memphis
    # Legio IIII Scythica Halikarnassos
    # Legio IIII Flavia Felix Dyrrhachium
    # Legio V Macedonia Edessa
    # Legio VI Victrix Pia Fidelis Gadir
    # Legio X Fretensis Rhapia
    # Legio XII Fulminata Lugudunon
    # Legio XIV Gemina Martia Victrix Bononia
    # Legio XV Apollinaris Apollonia
    # Legio XVI Flavia Firma Ephesos
    # Legio XX Valeria Victrix Baikor
    # Legio XXI Rapax Singidunum
    # Legio XXII Deiotariana Alexandria
    # Legio XXII Primigenia Gergovia
    # Late Praetorian Legion Rome

New starting Conditions
    Romes tactical starting position will be slightly more challenging as Capua will be the only City able to provide allied units from the beginning because of its Client State status...In all other Roman citys the Player has to built "Oppidum lvl 2" first before he will be able to built "ClientState". On the other hand Rome will have the "Large Foundry" from the beginning which enables the capital to provide better troops right from the start.

Hannibal
    Hannibals Army will be considerably more powerful at the start as It now carrys a unit of Towered Forest Elephants , Iberian Elite Scutarii and African Assault Infantry. As well It has more chevrons, armour and weapon upgrades.
    Remember that with the Elephants Hannibal will be able to siege and attack the same turn and we will make use of it.

Loyalty
    PREVIEW
    FIVE GOOD EMPERORS 2.0
    Upcoming awesomeness !!!
    Build a 1_turn empire never has been more challenging.
    Successful high Star/Influence Triumph awarded Generals may strive for Power and joining the Rebels taking entire Legions with them when their loyalty runs low...so you have to watch your military leaders closely!!!

(This feature is on hold as Iam not working on the mod right now)
    I will do a final version sometime later on though and try to include the loyalty

[/QUOTE]
    Interactive Campaign Messages
    These messages will appear occasionally and warn, inform or guide the player

Legion Administration
    1. Right Click Legion Recruitment Info on Campaign map. By right mouse clicking on the campaign map the info box will show what Legions can be recruited in that particular area. Everything after a / is a Segmentata Legion. If there Doubled Numbered Legions one will have letters after its numbers. Example IIII.FF (Flavia Fenix)
    2. Legion ID Cards for Unit Slots on Campaign Map.
    Showing Legion Number and Shortname. In this case its Legio IX Hispania.
    Attachment 127229Attachment 127228

Shieldwall
    Shieldwall for Roman Numbered Legions,Triaii and Praetorians. You will need it !
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stiff Resistance
    An especially for the Roman Campaign designed Garrison Script simulating the part of a settelments male population who is of military age or a soldier but not actually in military service. Once a Players character ( General of Family ) goes 2 tiles near any City which does not belong to him these men will be called to arms to defend their City, regardless if the player is at war with that faction or if attacks the city or not. So be careful because everytime you go near another City you give the enemy an army for free. Diplomats,Spys and Assasins are not affected.
    Special Feature: Garrisons will be faction and area specific for each City. SEE POST 2
    Capitals will have elite Garrisons. Example: If Independent Cities & States owns Massalia the Garrison will consist of Massalian Hoplites and others. If the Spartan Capital is owned still of the Spartan faction its Garrison will consist of the best troops the spartan faction has to offer: Promachoi,Elite Phalanx etc ( bring 2 Legions to the siege at least!)
    Thi setting requieres more strategic planning because together with spawning levy armys any Invasion with just 1 or 2 Legions is doomed to fail.

Counterattacks
    Once the player captures a capital there will be an immediate counterattack to recover the city. For this purpose I created a new counterattack scenario which triggers once the Player takes a capital.
    These counterattacks are independent from the spawning levy armys and they occur just once but will consist of very annoyed and very experienced warriors . I suggest players reconsider their strategys as Blitzing is most likely going to fail from now on.
    I really would love to be more specific but that would crash the surprise. Just one thing...bring reinforcements to cover your back or some real upset nail eating locals will get your Legions 6 feet under...
    Tip: If the player looses the city and has to conquer it again after a game reload the counterattack will trigger again.
    Little Preview: SEE POST 2

Insurrections Uprisings Invasions

By taking certain provinces occupied by certain factions the player can seriously disgruntle the local population and cause huge insurrections or invasions by real upset barabarian tribes or eastern nomads...
    Cant be more specific on this either as this would break the surprise effect...after all the romans did not knew about these insurrections either before they happend,did they ?...so prepare and be sure to have a good infrastructure and developed citys to back your economy and your troops because when you take on of these key provinces to cause an uprising and at the same time the 2nd rebellion would take place...well...no need of explaining this further I think...

I add this to create a bit of uncertainty to what will happen and to provoke one or the other struggle among the empire...exactly like things have been way back then and if in one of these insurrections the Player looses a Legion or 2 or 3 or a Settelment or 2...well... happens ...
    more info: SEE POST 2

Spartacus Insurrection
    Still beta but if I get him to work there will be a Spartacus Uprising.
    Not sure to which condtions I will tie it but it will come out of the nothing
    YES, he is a named Character and NO, almost sure he will not cause a clone Character CTD.
    Only little downside is that he can not appear as a Brigand Army because the slave faction has been used for the Free People.

Spartacus won various battles against Roman Legions before he got beaten. Most likely this is to be happen again
    These Ancillarys give him loads of +troop morale and recovering losses after battle...

"]

Roman Recruitment depends on Romanization
    Redesigned Roman Oppidum and Goverment Determination Tree to avoid complete Roman troop recruitment with just 1 Building (Client State) and to give back a purpose to the early levels of the Oppidum as a structure. To built client State, Annex or Citizenships the player has to Romanize ( built corresponding level Oppidums ) first. To grant Citizenship your Province must have an Oppidum lvl 3 simulating a certain level of Romanization.
    1. No Oppidum available before building Goverment Determination
    2. Building initial Oppidum Organization will make the Oppidum Colonization available and
    4. after building the 2 first Oppidum Levels the Client State or Annex becomes available.
    Attachment 127239

Built times for the entire tree will be:

Goverment Determination-----2
    Oppidum Organization---------4
    Oppidum Colonization---------6
    allows
    Client State--------------------2----or----Annex----------------2
    Oppidum Provincial-----------8---allows----
    Citizenship-------4
    allows
    Field Mars---------------------4
    Roman Fortress---------------4
    Curia Hostilia-----------------12

Thats 14 turns before the Player can recruit any valuable troops in conquested areas
    presenting the tactic and strategic question how to defend the new lands until this moment.

Building Times and Costs
    Amended building times and prices of big and/or important structures.

Changelog EDB Some bigger important and/or prestigious structures where far to cheap and quick to built.

-----Oppidum Lv1 4 6000
    -----Oppidum Lv2 6 8000
    -----Oppidum Lv3 8 12000

-----Field of Mars 4 8000
    -----Romn Fortress 4 12000 (Lowered to shorten the tree ,otherwise in the later game
    it takes to long to develope proper infrastructure for legions in the east )

-----Curia Hostilia 12 12000 (Increased build time as Segmentata Legions should be available later and not instantly after the Hamata Legions.)

-----Praetorium Lv1 8 8000
    -----Praetorium Lv2 12 12000

-----Client State 2 6000
    -----Annex 2 4000
    -----Citizenship 4 4000

-----Curia 8 8000

-----Large Foundry 6 6000

-----Merged Fortifid & Economic Region 8 25000

-----Shipyard 8 18000

-----Imp. Base 12 20000

-----City Plumbing 8 12000

-----Farms---- 1 1000
    -----Farms Lv1 2 2000
    -----Farms Lv2 3 3000
    -----Farms Lv3 4 4000
    -----Farms Lv4 6 6000

-----Villa Lv1 4 8000

-----Villa Lv2 6 12000

-----Highways 6 8000

-----Amphith. Lv1 2 6000

-----Amphith. Lv2 4 8000
    -----Amphith. Lv3 8 14000

-----Academy----------- 2 2000
    -----Scriptorium--------- 3 3000
    -----Ludus Magnus------ 4 6000
    -----Great Library------- 6 8000
    -----Alexandria Library-- 8 12000

-----Odeon----------- 2 2000
    -----Lyceum---------- 4 4000
    -----Theatre---------- 6 6000
    -----Pompey Theatre- 8 8000

-----Large Stonewall 6 8000

-----Epic Stonewall 12 12000

-----Circus Maximus 10 60000

-----ALL Pantheons 6 12000

Generic Legionaries
    Generic Legionaries have been removed to make the transition form pre- to post- Marian more a tactical challenge and simulate the struggle of a military reform.

AI Recruitment
    The AI will recruit smarter troops ( 1 and 2 silver chevron ) quite early so prepare for more resistance and more casualties in battle.

Map Tweaks
    Map Tweaks enabling a few landbridges and the alp passes for the player while blocking a few passes in the east to avoid senseless wars.

SPQR Banner
    New SPQR Banner. Just for the feeling...Attachment 127231

CREDITS

RTW Modification:
    RSII Team

Concept of Five Good Emperors Expansion:
    Chris10

Coding:
    Victory Condition, New Starting Conditions , Campaign Messages,
    Shieldwall, Recruitment Conditions, Building Times and Costs,
    AI Recruitment, AI Build Bonuses, EDU stats, Faction Capitals Bonuses
    Chris10

Scripting
    Counterattacks, Uprises, Insurrections,
    Campaign Messages, Spartacus Uprise, Bandits, Judean Revolt,
    AI Emergency Armys, Parthian Roman War
    Chris10
    Garrison Script:
    Chris10 ,Bardo

Art:

Reworked Legionary Unit Cards, SPQR Banner,
    New Battle Interface
    Chris10
    Merchant Ship, Roman Watchtower, Roman Quinquireme
    Davide. Cool

Legion Ancillarys:
    Shared by SPQR Mod
    Ported to RSII by Drecie14

Map Tweaks:
    Spartan666

Testing:
    Chris10

Launcher:
    Paedric

RELEASE/DOWNLOAD THREAD
    link:
    [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Last edited by chris10; January 26, 2014 at 07:44 AM.

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW: Play Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

ENDORSEMENTS
    Thank you very much guys. Iam glad you had so much fun with FGE

Quote Originally Posted by rometotal View Post
    Jan2011
    here in Vietnam we have a group of 6 people who are watching every progress of this great mod , please be quick
    Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    Jan2011
    can't wait for the release...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballacraine View Post
    Jan2011
    I can appreciate what you are trying to do & I approve of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleyx View Post
    Jan2011
    This looks REALLY GOOD, when is this out???? I NEED TO PLAY THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    Jan2011
    I Must say I'm impressed with this, and will try that ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle's Folly View Post
    Jan 2011
    I, too, am very impressed. Well done, Chris10. I look forward to playing this mod ... a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyH View Post
    Jan2011
    Great Mod Chris. I'm really enjoying it. I'm about 20 years into it and love all that you've done to make it difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by NerZhulen View Post
    Jan2011
    I cannot believe how many things which were ruining proper gameplay got fixed by this mode, it basicly made the roman campaign worth of playing, in "vanilla" RS2 roman campaign was more like a childsplay.
    Very good job on this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Centaurion View Post
    Jan2011
    Damn chris, this mod is a real challenge. I played on H/H on large unit setting and I got my first defeat EVER. I usually rape Hannibal in the opening battle, but this time he violated me . And the worst thing is, I like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by drecie14 View Post
    Jan2011
    @chris............
    Can't rep you enough for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilorius Coilean Hibernus View Post
    Feb2011
    Holy crap this submod is f-ing hard. Partly because I'm just not used to 1-turn (having always played 0-turn), but even so there have been some seriously harrowing moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    Feb2011
    First off, AMAZING JOB CHRIS!
    Hats off again for such a great sub-mod!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Tyr View Post
    Feb2011
    Boy is this a challenge!
    War on two fronts and a dying economy. Oh yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    Feb2011
    Just had to quit my Roman campaign. I was getting KILLED! My problem was not that I expanded to quickly, but instead, I exposed myself on too many fronts and it drained me like crazy. It felt like the walls were closing in on me, man....
    And I loved it!
    Quote Originally Posted by cablefoxley View Post
    Feb2011
    Great piece of work chris....Just hit 556w and first impressions of 5GE is that its harder than vanilla RS2. Battles are tough and iv lost a couple that id normally win, due to enemy silver exp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salahedin View Post
    Feb2011
    I've tried this submod, quite impressive changes I would say!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    Feb2011
    I was a bundle of nerves until I got Arretium cranking out Allied troops.
    And yeah it's pretty satisfying not to mention hard earned.
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO ROMANI View Post
    Feb2011
    Hi Chris, I like your 5 Good Emperors mod alot.....
    keep up with all the good things you have done to make your mod alot of fun to play. A big thanks to you.
    March2011
    Oh my...
    Things are turning bad in my campaign..........
    - Til now not a single CTD! Wow!
    March2011
    wow... I can't believe this happened.
    I am actually losing my campaign, and I'm gonna start a new one of course. ..........
    Hell, that's the 1st time I actually lose a RTW game! Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by wardyuc View Post
    March2011
    I dont know if i want to kiss you or punch you ........
    ............Your scripting is just marvelous...........
    Looks like i am in for a hell of a ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Bureaucrat Stalin View Post
    March2011...after triggering th Spartacus Uprise...
    never again will i say the words "im spartacus" in a happy joking manor. instead i will spit the words with all the venom of an empire brought to its knees by a bunch of slaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    March2011
    Just some feedback:
    This bandit event came just in time, it really got me by surprise. While having no possibility to retrain, my armys shrink and the Boii are invading North Italy. Great! I mean really, it's fun to have some difficulties!
    Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    March2011
    .........otherwise, having a blast. Rome Total War the way it was meant to be from the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joongen View Post
    March2011
    Yeah it s really challenge..................
    yes i enjoy it
    thanks chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkamena Diane Pie View Post
    March2011
    Starting playing today.....Start was very hairy. After a lot of loss of settlements I can build up and recruit some armies for a major offensive.
    Nice work
    Quote Originally Posted by I3enjaIvIin View Post
    March2011 with Update 1.5..... first 20 turns have been way more challenging than before so my compliments to you chris - your hard work to make our campaigns more challenging -and rememerable!- has certainly paid off!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightEye View Post
    March2011
    I don't know if it's my luck or something, but I haven't lost in my FGE campaign (the campaign as a whole I mean). And actually having fun.
    I think.
    Gah... I never thought taking southern Greece from the FGC would be so infuriating, even if I was fighting on familiar ground and counter-phalanx tactics.
    After so much procrastinating, I finally brought myself to make my move to Spain. The legions I got available for the invasion are pretty much my veteran army. I'm still in pre-marian maniples by the way and somehow I feel like I'm biting more than I can chew.
    This kinda reminds me of Jagged Alliance 2, it's not just a game, it's a test of character.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLIP99 View Post
    March2011.........
    Thanks again for a great mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    March2011
    I'm playing Good Emp 1.5 and I love how much pressure the game puts on you. It really highlights how in normal rome TW the AI just kind of exists until you come stomp it and never really takes initiative. I just assumed I would take Syracuse no problem without noticing its amazing overlord king and crazy walls and the garrison called up tons of their nasty cav and those royal hoplites and they took all of Sicily when the greeks landed even more troops off boats...........
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabor27 View Post
    April2011
    Hello Chris10!At first the mod is fantastic .........
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO ROMANI View Post
    April2011
    Ive played 5GE since the beginning. Im enjoying it immensely.Mine you, your mod is excellent. Its ashame that you were not with the RS2 team from the start. With your talents to create, could anyone imagine how RS2 couldbe even greater than it is? Thats my 2 cents. Keep up the good work. +rep Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGXXIIPRPF View Post
    April2011
    Hi,a veteran of many RTW mods i installed your submod about a week ago. i it sooooooooooooo good i cannot tell..........
    ....my wife and the 3 boys are already missing me as i spend to much time in the Senate and on the front.
    ...........many thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by kirinji View Post
    May2011
    Well, I really like this submode, is addictive .....
    Quote Originally Posted by ezopus2 View Post
    May2011
    Hey, chris10, very nice mod you've made here, again! You guys are awesome .. Thanks for that.
    ..... That's the challenge I was looking for ......
    .........well, thanks again for the great work, now its your fault that I will stay at home all summer +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by mgabor27 View Post
    May2011
    I realy love this mod ... This has been my first mod that I can expand slower than the Roman Empire in raelity did. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    June2011
    Installed this Mod yesterday, started the campaign last night on H/H as always.............
    This is about as good a review I can write for a RTW mod, ive had far too easy a time in previous mods and campaigns. This is a real challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legatus Legionarii View Post
    June2011
    @Chris10,
    First of all, congratulations to this extraordinary mod... I think, the players' "RS2 experience" has become richer and overall much more challenging with the FGE. RS2 was already excellent, but now, FGE takes the player on a journey whose paths are not anymore easy to predict. Of course, I am glad that you are part of the dev team now…
    Now, that post has become kind of AAR… but it shows that I really enjoyed playing the mod…
    Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    June2011
    Loving this MOD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    June2011
    At first, great mod!
    I played it a few (or a few more^^) hours this weekend. This is the First campaign in RTW, EB or RS II wirft was really hard. My campaign ist the 4th or 5th start. I had to change my hole strategy for Rome (get two or three very experienced armys and than kill them all) so the beginning was very difficult
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeepeep View Post
    June2011
    Awesome mod btw
    Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    July2011
    thanks a lot.... +rep 4 this interesting mod!
    Quote Originally Posted by freakkriek View Post
    July2011
    Thanx for making this submod. I read somewhere you put over 300hours in this... wel respect =D
    It completely removes the "let's take 5 cities in one turn"-strategy and makes you think again...
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post
    July2011
    Hey good job on the 5 emperors! if there's anything that's stopped me from playing any total war games is the lack of difficulty
    Quote Originally Posted by rikibitta View Post
    Aug2011
    hi chris and all,
    thanks and again congrats for this"Real Hardcore RSII SPQR"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666
    Aug2011
    Been playing your FGE sub mod for some days, and must say it's damn good! I haven't been enjoying such an hard and satisfying roman campaign in years, great job!
    I especially liked the garrisons and uprisings that happen when you besiege certain citie
    Cheers, Spartan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami View Post
    Sept2011
    Having played this campaign for a couple of days now i just gotta say brilliant!
    Coming from being used to 0-turn to this was a giant leap and well worth it.
    You really do get the feeling that your armies are highly valuable and taking heavy losses or loosing an entire stack actually hurts and might cripple your expansion efforts for quite some time.
    Anyway well done have not enjoyed a TW campaign this much for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gringoesteban View Post
    Sept2011
    Hi Chris.
    I am really enjoying your mod. I survived the Civil War and now I am up to 100 cities. Only 40 more to go before victory....
    ..........Great mod. I am looking forward to continuing my game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrino View Post
    Sept2011
    I installed RSII and tried a few submods and 0 turn and 1 turn recruitment, but your submod is the best.
    I really enjoy this challenging way of gaming, thanks for that and go on with your mod
    greetings
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickimhof01 View Post
    Nove2011
    Hi Chris10 - a monster great mod!!! definitely the best I ever played. My wife is not so happy :-) .......
    ................ Thanks for the great work and great mod!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by camper-futter View Post
    Decemer2011
    .......thank you for this great mod ! it's just a masterpiece
    and that brings me to my main objetive
    90% of the twcenter forum users will never even consider to play it not because they'r not interested but because they just dont know about it. I for example found your mod when i made a couple of misclicks.
    and thats a real bammer !
    You and the guys from rs2 team ( actually everybody who plays and loves this mods) should consider to start some advertising in this forum.
    I'm sure it would get the attention it deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentGB View Post
    December2011
    Love this mod, shieldwall is brilliant, been playing to the house rules, had to quick siege a couple of battles to get me out of a pickle, but quite nervous about expanding any further with all those nasty surprises A very tough mod! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taelok View Post
    Jan2012
    chris10 - fantastic work!
    All the best luck with your mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    Jan2012
    Oh well,........ I like challenge though and this mod gives me finally some ...... cannot complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by primuspilum View Post
    Jan2012
    Hello Chris 10, congratulations for Fge, since I installed it I can't stop playing it!
    Quote Originally Posted by isaaclambo View Post
    Jan2012
    Hi Chris,
    Love your submod, it makes roma surrectum 2 even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementUK
    Jan2012
    FGE still the most fun had in RTW
    I just had a real nasty shock when taking a town in Iberia. The script kicked in a rebellion when ...CENSORED. Nice suprise and shock - good stuff Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeepeep View Post
    Jan2012
    A giant tip of my hat to you good sir for the amazing job you've done with this mod!

Quote Originally Posted by czePowerslave View Post
    Jan2012
    Especially the 1 turn recruitment is making this completely priceless experience. Losing legion in field is fine, but in defense, thats a disaster. GO mercs go!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGB View Post
    May2012
    Chris, dude you should work with the RS2 team, and include your counterattack script, stiff resistance, insurrection and shieldwall and all the other neat stuff........
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    September 2013
    Been playing this for over a year.I only play this mod for rome total war now,others seem too easy after this.Epic as always.
    Last edited by chris10; December 10, 2013 at 05:43 AM.

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW: Play Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

I use this post to forward some continous news on how things going and what things are tweaked and changed due to my experience with the Beta Campaign.

Half way through the campaign I introduced a few changes because I observe strong superfaction forming
    Objective is to help AI factions to survive longer and to stop them from becoming to big and steamroll their neighbours.

• Certain factions get now severe penaltys if they become to big...

• Alarm Amys will spawn every once in a while and help certain factions once they have less than certain amount of Settlements and the game is older than 100 turns. I hope this will prevent early destruction.

I removed the money cap for Rome as in certain situations, especially towards the Marian Reform the player has to put huge amount of money into Numbered Legion training in short time as the are no Generic Legionarys to fill the gap between Polybians and Numbered. So its ok to save a bit of money for those times when the Player needs it.
    On the other hand I removed the money help script for Rome,too....so dont expect any money gifts anymore..
    If players develope their citys properly they will not need this and if they would need it they could not win this scenario anyway...so either way it was useless.

Raised the amount of requied provinces for the Civil War to 95. As
    rory o'kane pointd out correctly: This mirrors more accurate the territory owned by the Roman Republic at the time of Caesar's Civil War

Reworked again certain Building trees to assure that higher level buildings are more expensive to avoid that the player can convert all Settlements into MegaCitys with ALL facilitys for relative low money.
    This will help to create a more realistic feeling as Prestigious Building Projects where expensive in ancient times too.

changelog EDB Some bigger important and/or prestigious structures where far to cheap and quick to built.

-----Oppidum Lv1 4 6000
    -----Oppidum Lv2 6 8000
    -----Oppidum Lv3 8 12000
    -----Field of Mars 4 8000
    -----Romn Fortress 4 12000 (Lowered to shorten the tree ,otherwise in the later game
    it takes to long to develope proper infrastructure for legions in the east )

-----Curia Hostilia 12 12000

-----Praetorium Lv1 8 8000
    -----Praetorium Lv2 12 12000

-----Client State 2 6000
    -----Annex 2 4000
    -----Citizenship 4 4000

-----Curia 8 8000

-----Large Foundry 6 6000

-----Merged Fortifid & Economic Region 8 25000

-----Shipyard 8 18000

-----Imp. Base 12 20000

-----City Plumbing 8 12000

-----Farms---- 1 1000
    -----Farms Lv1 2 2000
    -----Farms Lv2 3 3000
    -----Farms Lv3 4 4000
    -----Farms Lv4 6 6000

-----Villa Lv1 4 8000
    -----Villa Lv2 6 12000

-----Highways 6 8000

-----Amphith. Lv1 2 6000
    -----Amphith. Lv2 4 8000
    -----Amphith. Lv3 8 14000

-----Academy----------- 2 2000
    -----Scriptorium--------- 3 3000
    -----Ludus Magnus------ 4 6000
    -----Great Library------- 6 8000
    -----Alexandria Library-- 8 12000

-----Odeon----------- 2 2000
    -----Lyceum---------- 4 4000
    -----Theatre---------- 6 6000
    -----Pompey Theatre- 8 8000

-----Large Stonewall 6 8000
    -----Epic Stonewall 12 12000

-----ALL Pantheons 6 12000

Assured that the AI will NOT recruit Levy Clubmen Armys.

UPDATE NEW FEATURE 15.01.2011

Half way thru the campaign I noticed the need for a bit more content and implemented another surprise for Players...sorry when Iam not more specific but it would hurt a bit the surprise-fun factor knowing about the event before. I just can say that I successfully tested it with save of the actual beta campaign and that I now start asap coding the rest of the event...it wont cause any delay in relation with the public beta release which is going to happen soon ...
    I will release this as PUBLIC BETA on Friday 21.01.2011 and swap over to dynamic update as 99,9 % of all issues are script related and therefore not savegame related.
    As well I have a few more ideas for adding a bit more content which can implemented thru dynamic update too but in the meantime you guys can start the campaign and I will only have to post a new backgroundscript from time to time which is replaced then with the old one ..
    Reduced the Construction Price Bonus from Fortified and Merged Fortified & Economic Region.
    Buildings become far to cheap and once Rome has Spain, Greece and North Africa it makes far to much money.
    1a. Raised Construction Price/Time Bonuses for all AI Factions so they built a bit faster and a bit cheaper...hope this helps the AI to develope citys more properly.
    "Empire Infrastructure and Amenities Maintenance". For every new city obtained by the empire a certain amount of money will be deducted per turn from the public treasury to simulate the ordinary maintenance costs for all sorts of public services, buildings and losses due to corruption not reflected in -% tax or squalor.
    This goes from 1000 denari for ordinary citys, 2000 for Italian Settlements 5000 and 10000 for former capitals and up to 20000 denarii for a few very important citys like Rome or Alexandria.
    In fact that means the bigger the empire becomes the more money is lost due to all sort of reasons which reflects the reality of this kind of empire structure quite well.
    Removed money caps for AI factions as in 1Turn this matter is not to important and on the other hand they get penalized once they become to big.

Tweaking the income for Rome is so damn difficult in 1Turn as the border between bancruptcy and swimming in money is so thin and the original setting (maybe tweaked for 0Turn ) delivers way to much income when the player developes citys properly....
    A minor issue
    Circus Maximus will now cost 60.000 denari and takes 10 turns to built
    Will give happiness +20% , law +10% and tax -25%.
    This stadium was 500 ! meters and by the time of emperor Hadrian could house up to 350.000 people (35% of the entire population of Rome by that time).
    The entry was free and all expenses for games and maintenance where paid from the public treasury. That gave a conisderable happines and law bonus but the costs where quite high.
    With that in mind the bonuses and penaltys are self-explainig I think

Last edited by chris10; January 19, 2011 at 05:17 AM.

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Nice idea of moving the RSII timeframe a bit forward.

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW/DISCUSSION: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Will starting positions be altered?

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW/DISCUSSION: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Firstly, good idea and best of luck.

Secondly, concerning this request:

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    I still need complete units lists for the following factions: [B]Macedonia, Averni, Belgae, Ptolemaic Empire, Gallaeci, Seleucid, Pontus, Dacia, Scythia, Parthia.
    I am afraid that, apart from the three later, none of those factions were alive by the time period you want to place your project.

Of course, you could consider some Barbaric tribes like the Marcomanni or the Picts.

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

first of all
    I think It's going to be great...
    I'll be looking forward to this chris...

I think this doesn't move the timeframe forwards but instead extends the campaign...
    And I quote "Extedend Timeframe now inclding the time of the 5 good emperors 96ad.- 180ad.
    Thats another 160 turns of 1 Turn fun for slow play making the game 798 turns."
    It adds more turns to the campaign...
    so this means no altered start positions and yes those factions will exist at the beginning of the submod...
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Medkirtys View Post
    Will starting positions be altered?
    Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    1. Firstly, good idea and best of luck.
    Secondly, concerning this request:
    2. I am afraid that, apart from the three later, none of those factions were alive by the time period you want to place your project.
    Of course, you could consider some Barbaric tribes like the Marcomanni or the Picts.
    1. Thnx....
    2. Think you misunderstood something....I need the actual units of RSII for determine which one to place in the Garrisons......At the moment its a bit of a hassle as I play into each campaign until I can recruit all units to see what they really have available.
    And the timeframe will only be enhanced not limited...game runs longer

Quote Originally Posted by drecie14 View Post
    first of all
    I think It's going to be great...
    I'll be looking forward to this chris...
    I think this doesn't move the timeframe forwards but instead extends the campaign...
    And I quote "Extedend Timeframe now inclding the time of the 5 good emperors 96ad.- 180ad.
    Thats another 160 turns of 1 Turn fun for slow play making the game 798 turns."
    It adds more turns to the campaign...
    so this means no altered start positions and yes those factions will exist at the beginning of the submod...
    Thnx...and...yes....you got it right !!!!!...The game will be longer but harder, too...so a few additonal turns will not be bad
    Last edited by chris10; December 13, 2010 at 08:48 AM.

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    Thnx...and...yes....you got it right !!!!!...The game will be longer but harder, too...so a few additonal turns will not be bad
    yay...I got it right
    lol
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

Seem like a good submod.

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    Seem like a good submod.
    Its actually aiming to be a bit more than just a little submod ...
    I would like it to be something like Play Rome 1Turn on steroids .

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So how long should a beta tester play this? I have a whole week free in which i can play maybe 50-100 turns
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    So how long should a beta tester play this? I have a whole week free in which i can play maybe 50-100 turns
    well...the truth is I dont care to much about making big empires but rather would like to know if the garrisons pop up correctly or if there are citys who dont get them (for whatever reason) and very important is to find out how the elite garrisons for capitals perform...also Iam interested to see if the legion ancillaires work as intended...so a campaign until marian reforms would be necessary...

as well shipping a few units to the east to besiege a few citys there (check the garrisons) and run away to besiege another city...
    most changes will not have an effect but the ancillaries and the garrisons have me worried...

anyway everything depends if I can get all the untis into the garrison script by the end of the week...dont know yet...its a lot of work as I want them to be faction and sometimes area specific.
    Last edited by chris10; December 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

With silver shevron elites it'll be next to impossible to take capital cities, I approve!

can't wait for 2.2 and this submod.

Looks awesome so far, hope you stay with it.

Looks great - good luck.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Excellent idea for an expansion.

After the 17th of December (my last law exam) I will have several weeks with nothing to do, so I would like to offer my services as a beta-tester if you need it.

PS: I play RS with Steam, and have RTW, BI and ALEX.

I wouldnt mind testing it out as well. Ive got a couple of weeks free after the 18th
    Aulus Petillius Vespasianus: Patrician, Senator, Age 32

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

Damn, i hoped this would be like late campaign, starting at that period, but still, good luck

Sounds good !
    Ang I like this Idea haha good luck !
    "I would like it to be something like Play Rome 1Turn on steroids . "

Page 1 of 62 12345678910112651 ... LastLast