Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12375253545556575859606162
Results 1,221 to 1,235 of 1235

Thread: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ezopus2 View Post
    Hello, fellas, I'M back here a bit, with a small question relating a BIG PROBLEM. Ok, I am playing - obviously - Five good emperors submod for more than a year now, and I finally reached 96 settlements, and tha much waited CIVIL WAR happened. Cool. A small detail that I have to mention: the rebels DIED OUT something like 100 turns ago, that would make 50 years. They dissapeared from map - i checked with toggle fow, the Terra incognita was black, so they just died out. I was starting to worry that my civil war will not happen anymore, but 3-4 years after getting my 96-th city, it just happened. It was quite a blow, gave me lots of good fightings and fun. Then - just after taking back Roma in a bloody phyrric battle, the Spartacus revolt happened. I barely managed to get my balance back to positive money and train some troops and start preparing to fight Spartacus and Crixus, when the civil war HAPPENED AGAIN!!! WTF? Again they took more than half of my empire. Oh nooooo. Just a small question: HOW MANY TIMES will this happen? Very frustrating, i have no troops to fight them and my balance dropped to -400.000 and counting down. Is this a bug or it is supposed to be like this? By the way, the roman rebels are NOT in the diplomcay list among other nations, I cant see them beeing in war with me, and they are pretty DUMB. They dont attack, dont move, dont do NOTHING, just own half of my empire and waiting for me to go for them. Is that normal?
    Its 2 bugs coming from initial RSII and were not solved when I made FGE...to be honest...not sure they are solved now. 1. Rebellion triggers various times due to an error wit the traits and the script. Kill your faction leader after the rebellion is squashed the first time..(sink him with a ship) 2. The roman rebel faction family becomes extinct and once the rebellion takes place there is no AI to control the faction (as it died out)...armys hang out,citys do not recruit etc. Its really a shame when this happens as it takes huge fun of the late game away...there is nothing you can do...its happens on a % of campaigns...not in all though...watch out for messages that faction x got destroyed...you will know then

Been playing this for over a year.I only play this mod for rome total war now,others seem too easy after this.Epic as always.One change i have made is increase upkeep of parthian cataphracts to 900 instead of 600,otherwise they expand too fast and double chevron innumerable cataphract stacks become boring endless battles,and i end up having a mexican standoff at the byzantium straits and suez canal with parthian and roman stacks facing each other.

Will there be a update on this superb mod?If there is i would say something to fix this parthian thing,in reality the seleucids didn't decline till after being defeated by the romans,here they collapse too quickly and parthian double silver hevron catas at 620 odd are spamming.Maybe less one chevron or increase price.Also a bonus for spearmen vs cavalry?

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Chris, when are you going to include the loyalty feature?

The mod is amazing though, just tested it recently. And it really gives a challenging gameplay especially on the unexpected roman rebels on capua (it really caught me off guard).

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Chris, when are you going to include the loyalty feature?

The mod is amazing though, just tested it recently. And it really gives a challenging gameplay especially on the unexpected roman rebels on capua (it really caught me off guard).
    Glad you have fun with it so long after release. Loaylty cant be introduced properly with the RSII setup and the rebel faction set to re-emergent as it will CTD the moment a character will rebel and change side. So I had to refrain from doing it unfortunately.

It probably would work but only if using the BI.exe (Barbarian Invasion) but not everbody has the expansion.

Is this for Roman campaign only ?
    Empire Total War Imperial Destroyer MOD videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHwf...o1jzaF1nzdfd1A

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW/DISCUSSION: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Hey! I know its been a long time, but I recently found this submod, and aI think It looks greats, the only problem is... I can't get it to work... I have my new and fresh Roma Surrectum II, and everything is fine, but then when I install this submod, according to the install notes I can't get a way to launch it... I mean, I had already copy and paste all the folders and the 1.5 update, has usual (I'm not new in this...) but then after I corrrectly copy and paste all the folders, I get like "Now what?"... I go and launch the RS2 launcher... and then... I don't know what to do... I'd go to the part where it said "Insert the submode Name here and then save" (Or something like that...) I write "Five Good Emperors" also try with "Rome Five Good Emperors", then save, click ok, launch the game, and it sends me to the custom battles options. I had already try a lot of things but nothing seems to work, so... Could you help me a little bit here? I'll thank you a lot!

Hi, I suggest you follow the instructions for the new launcher. I have no clue about it.

As for writing a folder name:
    spaces have to appear as underscores like this:
    Five_Good_Emperors

Anyone who can upload this mod? Really want to try this one out, it seems totally awesome!

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen234 View Post
    Anyone who can upload this mod? Really want to try this one out, it seems totally awesome!
    Try to PM chris10, the sub-mod creator.

I did that. Maybe he gets a lot of PM´s beacuse mine hasn´t been answered to yet
    No hurry though. Just really want to try out this submod so badly haha.

You wouldn´t happen to have a copy over to upload?

Sorry to announce that my files have been deleted from TWC and all links to images in my opening posts of my two topics for FGE are broken too . I do not know the reason for this but unless I can find a copy of FGE and the Update 1.1 on one of my old backup HDs the mod has to be considered LOST !!!!

If anybody still has a copy of the mod and update please PM me to arrange for resending me a copy by email for re upload...

FGE REUPLOADED. SEE FIRST POST IN DOWNLOAD-TECHNICAL THREAD !

I have a big problem with this mod. I copy the files into the right place (rtw directory), but i can't activate the mod in the launcher ( only the garrison file can be set to Five good emperors, but i cant join the faction for this). Maybe someone can help me with this, because i want to test this sub-mod so hard

The mod does not work with 2.6 The game crashes when launching.
    He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts...for support rather than illumination.

Can you choose the "Five Good Emperor" mod in your launcher or is this the new 1 turn campaign for rome?