Seeing that the queries about the ZIP version of the game were not ending, I decided to provide an automated installer.
Link at MediaFire:
Westeros 0.53 - 79.246KB (75.5MB) - 13th December 2010
Downloads as of 12th April 2012 = 14.350
- Download the EXE file and run by double clicking
- Click "OK" and "Next" wherever applicable
- The installer looks up the directory in the registry, no need to change the directory:
- DO NOT CHANGE THE INSTALLATION DIRECTORY UNLESS YOU INSTALL FOR STEAM!!
- Click the desktop short cut and enjoy
Recommendation and note:
- It is highly recommended to install the patch for kingdoms version 1.05, links can be found here.
- The installer will install a registry entry for use with the 'normal' (non Steam) Launcher
Attention Steam users:
- refer to my tutorial Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam on how to do it your way
Important note regarding crashes:
I will only entertain questions that have to do with the game start. So if your game crashes after a few rounds, please post in another thread or open your own.
Do the following when encountering an error on game start:
1. To get more detailed information, proceed as follows: open ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Westeros\Configuration.cfg with Notepad, remove the existing hash sign (red) and add a new one (blue), save.2. Start your game again[log]
to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
#level = * trace
#level = * error
3. Post here stating when the crash happened (eg which screen, what button pressed last) and which message (if any) you got.
4. Compress your log and attach it with your post.
Note to 64 bit system owners: see this post for installation