Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam

Default Re: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam

okay, i renamed the cfg file, but when i double clicked the modstarter file, i got a black box and "Windows cannot find kingdoms.exe. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again".

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Either you do not have the kingdoms.exe installed in the medieval ii total war folder or your mod is not in the correct folder, eg medieval ii total war\mods\ my_mod, or durin's launcher is not the mods\my_mod folder.

Root folder of the game = ...\medieval ii total war
    Root folder of the mod = ...\medieval ii total war\mods\my_mod

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Disable the UAC if not done so. One of those security messages until you do.

okay, so i saw alot of the TATW files in the SEGA mod folder, so i brought durins modstarter there. should i keep it there, or put it into steams third age mod folder?

Dunno, where does Durin say to install it? No, I'm not looking it up since I don't need it.

Blog Entries

Please post in the mod starter's thread: Steam compatible modStarter

got a problem with opening the mod launcher, it says that i need to install and run kingdoms and m2tw any help?

Quote Originally Posted by sicarius1234 View Post
    got a problem with opening the mod launcher, it says that i need to install and run kingdoms and m2tw any help?
    Taking a long shot in the dark, log in as Administrator for starters. Disable the UAC would be my second one.

Blog Entries

The launcher requires a registry entry from the installation of M2TW. Maybe your registry is corrupt or your installation is not an original?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am sure Squid will know the ins and outs of this - I just compiled it into a manual.
    ok thnx

Hello, first off I'd like to say the launcher app is awesome. I have a problem..well I'm not really bothered by it seriously but I was just curious if I could get rid of it. Whenever I bring up my launcher I have 2 copies of the original kingdoms expansions. And whenever I delete the copies it seems like its gone but when ever I start up the launcher the second copies of the expansions are there again, so is there a way I could get rid of them for good?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaticCape View Post
    Hello, first off I'd like to say the launcher app is awesome. I have a problem..well I'm not really bothered by it seriously but I was just curious if I could get rid of it. Whenever I bring up my launcher I have 2 copies of the original kingdoms expansions. And whenever I delete the copies it seems like its gone but when ever I start up the launcher the second copies of the expansions are there again, so is there a way I could get rid of them for good?
    Have you ever used regedit?

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Have you ever used regedit?
    Nope, my first time hearing it honestly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AquaticCape View Post
    Are you talking about the display in the launcher? Like you can choose between two americas campaigns? That will be related to the registry itself as irish mentioned. And if you have never worked RegEdit then I would seriously suggest not to attempt it - unless you are mentally prepared to reinstall your operating system.

In this case I would suggest to follow this instruction from the first page (without removing the actual installation ):

Removing an entry:
    Simply open the application, high light the entry and then click 'File\Delete Mod Settings' - this will only remove the installation from the launcher, you will have to remove the actual mod installation via the mod's uninstaller or do it manually in your browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Are you talking about the display in the launcher? Like you can choose between two americas campaigns? That will be related to the registry itself as irish mentioned. And if you have never worked RegEdit then I would seriously suggest not to attempt it - unless you are mentally prepared to reinstall your operating system.

In this case I would suggest to follow this instruction from the first page (without removing the actual installation ):

Alrighty I'll give it a try your suggestion,thanks

I did what the instructions said but when i click call of warhammer in the launcher nothing happens and it just closes medieval II kingdoms with no messages or warnings

Blog Entries

Tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by the bottom of the OP
    I have gotten a report where the restart of Steam solved the problem when the game launcher's shortcut to a mod did not work correctly (started a new launcher).

I never try this thank you that can help

Gigantus, now when the Steam and CA messed up mods for Kingdoms with their latest update, and removed kingdoms.exe which is now implemented into medieval2.exe, should the Steam Users point Squid's App to use medieval2.exe for Kingdoms mods instead of kingdoms.exe?

Or, making a copy of medieval2.exe and renaming it to kingdoms.exe would do?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Blog Entries

I don't have the steam version of Med2 - so I won't be able to experiment.

Even then it doesn't make a difference as Squid's tool was creating a registry entry for the mod concerned so that it showed up in the launcher as far as I know.
    Seeing that even this application doesn't work (it replaces the original launcher) I doubt you will have any luck.

You can try both methods that you suggest but I think ultimately it will be back to the dark ages and renaming original campaigns and then using that name for your custom mod. I am going to use a batch file with my installations to make it easier for steam user to do just that.