Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam

If you are only upgrading (using the same mod folder) then you do not need to change anything.

Up, help me please !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZeHiR31 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a question, I installed TATW 3.0 perfectly with the kingdom launcher app, but now i want to update it to 3.2 and install the MOS mod, i got both launchers but i don't know how to intall them, can someone explain me how to update with Kingdom laucher app ? Thanks !
    And sorry for my bad english
    If you have installed 3.2 and MOS correctly then no change in the launcher is necessary.
    I think it will be easier for you to use this method: Steam compatible modStarter

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If you have installed 3.2 and MOS correctly then no change in the launcher is necessary.
    I think it will be easier for you to use this method: Steam compatible modStarter
    SOrry i didn't see that there was a new page, so i didn't see the response, my bad.

When you say
    If you are only upgrading (using the same mod folder) then you do not need to change anything.
    I only need to use the .exe folder and choose as installation place third age total war or i need to use Kingdom launcher app ? and in this case how do I update whith the kingdom launcher app ?

It's stranger because I tried to install 3.2 without kingdom launcher app and it didn't worked.
    I will retry

So, i executed this program :
    I installed it in : Program files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> M2TW -> Mods -> Third Age Total war

But when i launch the game I still in 3.0 version ( at the home page of the modthere stil written The thrid age total war 3.0 )$

( still sorry for my bad english )

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Have you asked the Third Age forum? Someone there could possibly help you better with this.

I've post this on this forum because I thought it was a problem with the kingdom launcher app and it's the official post i think so I asked for help there, I wait for Gigantus answer and I will see it for the TA forum

Blog Entries

If you are upgrading the original version of Third Age then the launcher is not involved - better ask in the TATW forum. I am sure they have a ReadMe about installing it for Steam.

I'm new to the world of mods and I have run into a problem. I followed instructions above but when I select my mod a box titled Midievel Total War 2 pops up with a caution sign in it (yellow triangle with ! in it) then it closes the application short after. My thought is that when I browse for the mod in the Mods folder there is the name of the mod as well as a data folder which matches up with the fact that the mod downloaded in two parts core files and the game itself.

Blog Entries

That will have been an error message because something didn't work out what you were doing.

Mods are found in the \mods folder and then have a 'data' sub directory in which all the working files are.

Thanks you!! Finally I have resolved that problem with the launcher! This site is an eden for mods and fix of the TW games.

Hey guys, I'm new here and I have very little technical skill when it comes to downloading mods. Right now I keep trying to install part 3 of rage of the dark gods on my computer and for some reason it always stops at 4 percent. When i click on it it says that the program is not responding. So what do you believe i should do? thanks in advance guys.

Blog Entries

Wrong thread - it should have been in the RodG thread. Did you download via torrent? If not, then download part three (only the EXE file should do) again. But first try and let it run for while - if your hard drive light continues to flicker then it's just a very big file that is being installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It appears you installed LTC into the main game folder instead of into the \mods subfolder. Most probably you renamed the path and did not add the extension for the mod's install.
    With carpet you mean the folder symbol?
    i think i have the same problem how do i fix it?

it says M2TW has encounter a unspecified failure and will now exit. i dont undertand your technical language and frankly i just want to play this mod i not a computer whiz.just please help me.

Blog Entries

Trace where the BAT file of your mod is by right clicking your mod's desktop shortcut and choosing 'Properties' - then click 'open file location'. If this is not the medieval ii total war\mods\name_of_your_mod folder, then cut\paste it into the mods sub folder.
    Now repeat the step by step instructions from the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneLaiq View Post
    I'm new to the world of mods and I have run into a problem. I followed instructions above but when I select my mod a box titled Midievel Total War 2 pops up with a caution sign in it (yellow triangle with ! in it) then it closes the application short after. My thought is that when I browse for the mod in the Mods folder there is the name of the mod as well as a data folder which matches up with the fact that the mod downloaded in two parts core files and the game itself.
    Also new to the world of mods, i have this same problem. I have downloaded part 1 and 2, as required. And also westeros mod, i try and run the file as said in the tutorial, but i get the same caution sign as TyroneLaiq. Any help would be much appreciated! I need to play this mod

Blog Entries

Same advice as before: make sure multiple installation parts are installed into the same folder. Then check if they are in the correct location as described in my previous post, correct the issue as required.
    Then repeat the instructions - you may have to first remove the previous entry in the mod installer list.

Tracked the BAT file of the mod, and it is in the correct folder. All 3 are in the same folder, but still encountering the error.
    Could you link me to part 1 and 2, so i can make sure i have the correct parts. Thank you

Blog Entries

If I knew the name of the mod I might be able to help further.