Thread: What is in the mod?

Default What is in the mod?

I've been wanting to try out a mod for NTw since i reinstalled it recently and this caught my eye. I know it's only a beta but I can't fid a changelog or anything, all i know is it is set at the time of the frnech revolution.

Default Re: What is in the mod?

You have arrived at perhaps the most auspicious time for a revolution... in modding and in politics. Revolution: Order of War is yet another chapter in the saga created by Marshal Beale and a handful of the decade's best modders. This mod is competely unique in the sense that you are given the choice as to what ideals you fight for. As you may well know, CA forced us to play as Napoleon's tyrannical regime, a well-established empire, really, and left out the very genesis of the Revolution in its most grim state. ROW offers the player to either save the monarchy if he so chooses, by clinging to the Bourbon's crumbling empire and fighting as the Royalists (still officially in power in 1789) or second, by taking up the tricolor and fighting as the Republicans. What's so interesting is that to play as the republic, you aren't the bureaucratic Napoleonic state the CA had laid out. Rather, you are a rag-tag army who has to affront the most hated nation in all of Western Europe at the time: Bourbon France. In order to do all this, Beale has set the campaign back to (correct me if I'm wrong here) 1792. In turn, this really gives the player a sense of gratitude when imperial glory is achieved because he had to EARN France... literally.

As to the other faction, commonly known as the Coalition in the vanilla version, they are very much the same. The uniforms have become historically accurate for the era, of course, and the national leaders have been adjusted respectively. And while their personal objectives have remained the same, the strategy in which to attain those goals changes completely. Each nation is given the choice to either save their fellow monarch- Louis XVI- by aiding a weakened royal house and quelling the revolution at hand, or by waiting it out and letting the revolution create a weaker France to fight at a later date. This is not to be taken lightly, as enlightened ideals forged from bloodshed can attract the attention of one's own citizens, not to mention make a mockery of one's royal stature. On the other hand, saving the monarchy means to many, if not all of western Europe, saving a dynasty who has been ruthless since its debut in the late 17th century. As the Great nations of Prussia, Great Britain, or Austria, you are granted by fate an ultimatum: either choose your nation's future with the tide of war, or let the godless revolutionaries make their first move, upon you.

I recommend looking up the mini-series "Heroes and Villains: Napoleon" on YouTube. It's a six-part (hour long) show from BBC that describes this shaky period very well. It truly highlights just how fragile the Republic-to-be was, almost being trampled by a little British invasion at Toulon, Marseille. Also bear in mind, the released BETA doesn't have nearly everything it needs to be finished but MB forecasts that in approximately two weeks here the first update (an overhaul, really) will be ready for download.

Nice one autocrat! I think MB should add this in the DL thread, an awesome review
    Check out my brand new British and Prussian units and much much more in Marshall Beale's new masterpiece!