Page 466 of 468 FirstFirst ... 366416441456457458459460461462463464465466467468 LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 9343

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Official thread

Default Re: Elder Scrolls V Announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpalykos King of Arcadia View Post
    One of the best RPG's ever made.
    Same with Oblivion and Morrowind.

However these games have some flaws, for example stuff quickly gets repetitive.

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Official thread

Sigh. How do I get rid of all these naked Imperial soldiers? It's getting seriously annoying how in every group of Imperial soldiers I meet only one or two max are dressed. I wonder if it has to do with Warzones.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Indefinitely Banned

Is there a lot of places for one's character to break into if you go into the shady route?

I've been reading about Requiem's features lately and, holy . I wish I never installed SkyRE. A pity Req has lots of compatibility issues with other mods, it sounds a lot better than SKYRE

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár View Post
    Is there a lot of places for one's character to break into if you go into the shady route?
    What do you mean?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Is there a lot of places for one's character to break into if you go into the shady route
    You mean like a thief? Not really a lot of feature in the elder scrolls game's tend to be a wee shallow.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    I've been reading about Requiem's features lately and, holy . I wish I never installed SkyRE. A pity Req has lots of compatibility issues with other mods, it sounds a lot better than SKYRE
    Azirok has been hard at work making it compatible with many of the bigger creature and quest mods, as well as expanding compatibility to the other official DLCs (Hearthfires and Dragonborn). It's worth checking out if the compatibility problems are the only thing keeping you at this point. It also has a built-in MCM menu which could help reduce incompatibilities (such as disabling or enabling vampire raids or the fear aura for dragons).
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

The major mods I have ,Turkeys:

Deadly Dragons, Frostfall, Morrowloot ,Skyrim Immersive Creatures, Realistic Needs And Diseases , Character Creation Overhaul, Economics of Skyrim, SkyRE ( will ditch it as soon as I install Req)

I imagine Requiem must almost certainly conflict with DD and Morrowloot yeah? Not sure about the others. I have both DLCs.

I think I read somewhere that it and Morrowloot could actually work out together, but I never tried it out myself. It does indeed conflict with Deadly Dragons, but if you want easy dragon fights then load Deadly Dragons below Requiem. Skyrim Immersive Creatures has a compatibility patch already created for it with use of Requiem. Economics of Skyrim probably won't be compatible as Requiem makes it own set of economy challenges. The rest should be fine, though Character Creation Overhaul could have some problems as Requiem makes changes in that area as well; I'm not too familiar with that mod though so don't hold me to it
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Well, when I have a lot of free time I'll go through each of those mods figuring out how - if possible - to make them work with Requiem. Good thing about SkyRe is how it's become pretty much the mainstream overhaul for Skyrim and 90% of other bigger mods are compatible with it.

Now, completely unrelated but a mod I'd sure as hell install if it exists: One that lowers the fire rate for crossbows. It's absolutely pointless to use bows after you get Dawnguard. Xbows fire just as fast and deal much more damage. Would be far more balanced if xbows had a much bigger reloading time, as IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Well, when I have a lot of free time I'll go through each of those mods figuring out how - if possible - to make them work with Requiem.
    If the incompatible ones aren't script-based then it would probably be a matter of crawling through TES5EDIT and transferring values and fixes over from Requiem so they match up. I did it for a personal patch to make Improved Closefaced Helmets & Requiem work together, easy but could be time-consuming for bigger mods than a simple armor one.
    Last edited by Turkeys!; December 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

So, is there a guide to Skyrim mods or something? I'm completely lost. I got TES Anthology version, which I guess comes with the Legendary version of Skyrim. Is there a certain order that I need to install everything in? Or can I install the games straight and then all three unofficial patches straight and then mods? Gah

And what the hell is ENB and what does it do?
    Last edited by therussian; December 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

For Information on ENB : http://enbdev.com/description_en.htm

It adds new types of anti-aliasing that are much more pleasing than the standard FXAA that comes along with Skyrim, as well as other post-processing effects like Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field, Sharpening, Reflections, etc. Some of the configurations based on it can get really fancy with it. If you have the computer for it feel free to check it out, It can change the feel of Skyrim.

Example - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24235/?

The order to install that you listed should work out fine, but make sure to use a mod manager of your choice as well as the standard utilities such as Wrye Bash, SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender), as well as TES5EDIT and BOSS.

Wrye Bash - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1840/?
    SKSE - http://skse.silverlock.org/
    TES5EDIT - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?
    - Relevant Tutorials if you haven't used the utility to clean mods before :
    http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_...aning_Tutorial
    http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_...g_Instructions
    Last edited by Turkeys!; December 21, 2013 at 05:19 AM.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Thanks. So is it general ok to use ENBs, Graphics mods, and lighting mods together with one another?

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    So, is there a guide to Skyrim mods or something? I'm completely lost. I got TES Anthology version, which I guess comes with the Legendary version of Skyrim. Is there a certain order that I need to install everything in? Or can I install the games straight and then all three unofficial patches straight and then mods? Gah

And what the hell is ENB and what does it do?

You pretty much only need SKSE - Turkeys already posted it - and Nexus Mod Manager - makes it far better to install/uninstall mods - and you're good to go.

For a good mod list: http://www.skyrimgems.com/

I personally recommend SkyUI ( essential if you a FAR better UI ) Skyrim Redone ( perk/gameplay overhaul, downloaded it, never went back to vanilla ) Skyrim HD ( if your PC can handle it, but there's lite versions ) Morrowloot ( makes powerful stuff actually hard to find ) , Interesting NPCS ( adds voiced/player written NPC characters, gives A LOT more flavor to the game, many of them are way better characters than Bethesda's. Best Skyrim mod IMO ) and Realistic Lightning Overhaul.

There's a lot more good stuff - like Deadly Dragons, the tons of more populated cities/inns mods, Civil War Overhaul, Warzones ( makes you really feel like Skyrim is at war, tons of battle zones added throughout the map) , Character Creation Overhaul - brings back the classes from previous TES - but those are my personal essentials.

Thanks. So is it general ok to use ENBs, Graphics mods, and lighting mods together with one another?

Check compatibilities. ENBs , from what I understand, generally are not compatible with one another. I personally don't like them, I think they make the game too bright and fake. Realistic Lightning Overhaul does more than a good enough job for me.
    Last edited by beckyolt; December 21, 2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    It depends on the ENB. The majority of them usually aren't compatible with lighting mods (In the sense that it could cause lighting in areas to be off from what the author originally intended - not CTDs or anything). They should work fine with any texture replacers or other sorts of mods that you might use. As Beckyolt said, You should just check the descriptions and see how that specific ENB gets along with other such mods.

There are a large amount of unrealistic ENBs, though if you are into the Realistic Lighting Overhaul look then I recommend you take a look at the one I linked above. I've used them both together with Climates of Tamriel and it makes the game look fantastic.

Edit - I just realized I forgot to give a link to BOSS before. Here you go - http://code.google.com/p/better-obli...r.exe&can=2&q=
    Last edited by Turkeys!; December 22, 2013 at 05:52 AM.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

I would also recommend downloading BOSS. It tells you the order you should put your mods in and when and if your mods are conflicting. Great tool.

EDIT: Just totally missed the post above. In any event, I would also recommend some follower mods, like Hoth. He seems to be an interesting fellow. I would also recommend Frostfall, but that's not for everyone.

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

I recently reinstalled Skyrim with my new rig.

Maxed out everything, high res textures, minimal hud mod, ASIS mod, Apocalypse spells, balanced magic, more hotkeys, variants mod, no screen blood, height adjusted mod (to correct first person views), VAC (a voice command program), nvidia 3d vision project fixes, skyUI, and of course nvidia 3d vision.

This is incredible. I didn't care much for Skyrim when it first came out, it was better than oblivion but it just lacked in challenge and the UI made me rage, but now that everything is basically "final" you couldn't ask for a better gaming experience. The stereoscopic 3d in skyrim is outstanding, and voice commands (with the extra hot keys for it) makes playing a mage awesome rather than tedious.

I know the 3d is out of a lot of peoples rig/price range, but if you haven't used voice commands, you want to. If you can do both you will see what PC gaming SHOULD be, not the console ports we get currently.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

This is kind of hilarious:

"I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Oh no this is funny. And evil at the same time.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Alduin is so nasty