Thread: VI2 team, address this

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Default VI2 team, address this

Hello!

I have been working on mulitiple submods for RS1, and in my search for material came across your mod.
    Now, I have had your mod for quite some time, and I L-O-V-E to play VI. It is one of my most time consuming hobbies.
    I used one of your units in the submod, and will not be releasing it until I have permission from the team in its use.

Those with the power to allow such a thing should either PM me, or simply post the decision on the thread.

I can't wait to hear the verdict!

ITID

Default Re: VI2 team, address this

It usually goes the other way around, the person using somehting PMs the devs of the mod he took it from.

If the model of the unit you have taken is prefixed with "AoVaF_", then you are free to use it, as long as you credit the Age of Vikings and Fanatics (now defunct) team. If it's prefixed with "MTW_", you need to get permission from ChivalryTW (either Athenogoras or DaVinci). If it's prefixed with "ATW_", you need permission from ArthurianTW (not sure who's active there atm, try Antagonist).
    Last edited by Aradan; December 12, 2010 at 02:31 PM.

ithinkitsdead's Avatar Semisalis

Sorry for not following the usual flow of things, then.

It is the one you said was free to use. I will have credit given where it is due.
    Thank you, Aradan.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    If it's prefixed with "MTW_", you need to get permission from ChivalryTW (either Athenogoras or DaVinci).

Not necessary. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=179917
    The part after the second "new".
    Just telling DaVinci (you can't PM him unless you're in his friends list, though) is enough.

Official "Instructions" for this subforum

Concerning: Any published custom contents, submods for Chivalry I TW (ChivTW).

Requirements / Rules

# Your custom content/submod is done on Chivalry I TW version 1.0 (or higher). A release must explain/contain, that the base is ChivTW version 1.0 installed (or higher), and it'll need installation instructions.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Yes, and that's why you then read the part I told you to read:

You can use also only certain file departments, ie. units and making your own mod with its own map etc.. Also in this case, you can use this submod forum for your modding project without to explicitely request a permission to use ChivTW modding files for your modding project. Simply explain your modding project, and at best make a list of used ChivTW files, latest with the release, else you are 100 % free to create what you like.