Thread: Recruitable generals = good or bad?

Default Recruitable generals = good or bad?

i'd changed my EDB file so now every castle/fortress/citadel spawn 1 general unit per 20 turns
    but im just unsure if that will cause me problems or it will be a good thing, so here we go;

will they cause the AI to spawn too much generals and no (almost none) family members?

will they affect the rate my family menbers get sons/daughters? (do they actually count to reach the limit or that's strictly to family members)

will they somehow affect the AI in any other kind of way i may not be thinking of?

i haven't been playing so i cant really tell if there will be any bad impact upon having them as recruitable units but i just dont wanna have to start a new campaing to find out its bad and have everything messed up so any help here is welcome..
    Last edited by AKDeath; December 12, 2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Default Re: Recruitable generals = good or bad?

Waaay too many. So if you have 10 regions in 40 turns you get 20 generals... full stack army. 40 turns goes by pretty fast. If you like fighting that many generals- sure. The AI might still move armies around without a general but the main issue is even if an army has 5 generals- once the commander is killed the command does not pass to the 2nd general. If that were true it would be very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Waaay too many. So if you have 10 regions in 40 turns you get 20 generals... full stack army. 40 turns goes by pretty fast. If you like fighting that many generals- sure. The AI might still move armies around without a general but the main issue is even if an army has 5 generals- once the commander is killed the command does not pass to the 2nd general. If that were true it would be very cool.
    well having too much generals isnt the problem; the problem is that i dont want them to replace family members which would eventually lead to the family's destruction due to lack of heirs
    so as long as the generals wont affect how much family members will be there its quite ok to me.
    and thats exactly the main point of my post, i want to know if the family members/kids will be replaced by recruited generals cuz if so i would like not to have them as recruitable units or maybe make it so only me get to recruit them instead of everybody else.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Yes, they will replace unborn childs, unknown spouses and all that lot.
    Perhaps you could use the IS_THE_AI counter so that only you will be able to recruit them.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.