Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EB on BI????

Default EB on BI????

Any plans for EB to transfer its great mod on BI. I am sure that many others like myself wonder if EB will act upon the BI expansion. I think that BI needs much rebuffing. Please guys, make it fun ???? We want a historically accurate game.

LOL "Please guys, make it fun" is exactly my sentiments as well. It seems like this is what everyone wants after CA releases one of their half ass games, everyone goes "ok, now we wait for some modders to make it good".

Give them a break guys. A hell of a lot of work went into this awesome mod, and it shows. These things take time, and they have been kind enough to release a beta for us to check out, and I say it is already incredibly fun.
    Candide fainted...

1.5 is on the drawing boards. BI currently is not, as far as I know.

Yeah but I think eventually, we will see mods focused on BI. Maybe not EB specifically, but I dont see the RTW mod community slowing down in the future, if anything its actually speeding up. People are finding out new stuff all the time, CA is being relatively helpful in this field, and the modders have plenty of fun stuff to tinker with. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw mods in the future switch over permanently to BI.

well i think imperia romana is already catering for BI and their progress is going rather well. Not to say that other mods shouldnt consider BI. I know Rise of Persia may eventually transfer over once a full version is released

And curtis i dont think EB was being insulted, i think it was BI that got slated

Just know that all the community supports you guys and they are always looking toward EB and other modders for support on these half-assed games.

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

The question is, what benefits do we gain in BI as opposed to just plain 1.5?
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical
    The question is, what benefits do we gain in BI as opposed to just plain 1.5?
    First of all there is a extra faction slot (no senate), and second you can have hordes!

Also the faction spawning ability is a bonus but not that great, and you can also have factions revolting to each other (shadowing).

They’re of the top of my head.

Also I’m not sure as I haven’t played RTW past 1.3 but isn’t BI the only official way to have night battles?

Oh yeah and BI has religion

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Plus the formations like shield wall and schiltrom are BI only IIRC, AI is a bit smarter (IMVHO), spears there "gets ready" if you have units close, meaning that if you time badly your flanking you will have at least a row of enemy units ready to face your charge (very painful against cav)...

On top of that, I think it's slightly better in managing rebels through the loyalty setting (let a general take too many vices and he'll be likely to rebel with that top army you just built) and some other minor stuff I can't remember right now...

BTW, once you port EB to 1.3/1.5 going to BI is "only" a matter of adding the extra features, as the scripting language is exactly the same...
    Borsook is definitely the person to ask to when talking about BI porting but the unofficial XGM to BI porting was quite easy to make for the basic stuff like formations...

Hope this helps
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

In other words Simetrical you have a whole lot more stuff to work on and play around with.
    So you get the benefits of more work (heheh).
    Unfortunately there are also problems (just ask adherbal ala chivalry :-( but Im sure someone will solve the problems (probaly Adherbal)).

Hmm, I think that if the EB team is able to make the mod for 1.5, then it shouldn't be too much harder to make a patch to make it compatible for 1.6. If not, I'm sure the community will be able to do it anyway.

Yes, Be mod need so much 1.5 or 1.6 patch to improve gameplay , i find out that 1.2 eb is easy due to poor ai perfomance , all other aspects are well.

Yes, EB mod need so much 1.5 or 1.6 patch to improve gameplay , i find out that 1.2 eb is easy due to poor ai perfomance , all other aspects are well.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

You can now remove the senate in 1.5 and change it into a completely differnet faction. You can get all of Bi's features in 1.5 apart from swimming and hording.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

BI formations too?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Not to mention you also have SPARKLES in BI!

SPARKLES!
    I'm living up here where the air is thin, and gravity doesn't get you down
    I'm living up here and I'm watching your universe cooling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    You can now remove the senate in 1.5 and change it into a completely differnet faction. You can get all of Bi's features in 1.5 apart from swimming and hording.
    So, we get another faction slot with 1.5? great! but does it have loyalty too? and shield wall?
    believe in nothing.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

There are several bugs with adding loyalty to all factions, namely all rebel provinces going to a defeated faction. Im not sure about shield wall.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

If there is the shield wall ability included then overhand falanx is a possibility and many more.
    Yum Yum :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast