Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Imperial Glory Mod

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Imperial Glory Mod

Quote Originally Posted by p.jakub88 View Post
    Hmm --> so Napoleonic Era will be included...

Better will be modding Napoleon: Total War, but fine for me.

So:

- Grand Campaign start: 1700.

- Grand Campaign end: 1830 (Long campaign??).

- Grand Campaign short end: (?)

- Grand Campaign prestige end: (?)

- Grand Campaign World Domination: (?)

======================================================================================================================
    First, can you tell me if its really hectic to include napoleonic era(all i had thought was to include napoleonic units)...

Grand Campaign short end: 1799

Grand Campaign prestige end: 1830

Grand Campaign World Domination: 1830

========================================================================
    P.S.
    Hey can we continue tommorow, its closer to midnight here... And I had been doing errands most of the day... Please understand...
    With Regards...
    Last edited by m_1512; December 12, 2010 at 12:09 PM.

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon5 Re: The Imperial Glory Mod

==========================================================================================================

I understand, i will answer your question about including napoleonic era tomorrow.

See you tomorrow! (unfortunately i will be online on the afternoon - according to my time zone).

Good night m_1512!

==========================================================================================================
    Last edited by p.jakub88; December 12, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Blog Entries

Really Thanks,

I will be online most of the day, but will start working on it since morning...

And Good Evening to you

Blog Entries

Hi,
    I will again be online tommorow most of the day... Since morning(your time zone) and parts of the day...
    Today i did some research which can be usefull in the mod...

With Regards...
    Good Night...

Ducenarius

Finally i have some free time...

Returning to the topic (answering your questions from post #21):

1) Napoleonic units will be available for recruitment only when the government changes (from monarchy to republic).

2) As far as i know, there is no way to force the revolution in the faction controlled by AI.

3) Look here for revolutionary units retexture: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389000.

4) I agree with you about the starting and closing year of all Grand Campaign modes.

I' m waiting for your reply about those things mentioned above!
    Last edited by p.jakub88; December 14, 2010 at 05:50 AM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Blog Entries

Lets see them one by one...

1) Napoleonic units will be available for recruitment only when the government changes (from monarchy to republic).
    I totally agree with that...

2) As far as i know, there is no way to force the revolution in the faction controlled by AI.
    Thats ok anyway. Plus some people would really like the game being unpredictible, actually i have seen some posts complaining that its like playing a history book. Coming to the point, i think its ok. Whats your opinion?

3) Look here for revolutionary units retexture: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389000.
    I saw that thread some time ago, its quite good and may save a good lot of time.

And lastly,
    I asked once before, is there a way to create a new govt. type?? I had a really new idea if that was possible...

With Regards...

Ducenarius

I could say, that i never heard that there is possible to create a new government type...

I hope, that i' m wrong.

So, describe your proposal about your new government type --> maybe together we will make some progress in it (i.e editing existing government type very similar to your idea).

And yes - the Grand Campaign should be unpredictable in some way, but there must be some certain rules in my opinion.

For the mod purposes we could be less historical (but not radical), because we couldn't control the AI behavior (rise of new nations, etc).

Most important part will be the realistic sets of: units, flags, governments, faction names, technologies, Victory Conditions, regions ownerships, etc ---> all those things are possible to add or change.

Tell me please how advanced you are in modifying those aspects --> have you made any progress or no?

I' m waiting for your reply about those things mentioned in this post!
    Last edited by p.jakub88; December 14, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Blog Entries

proposal about your new government type
    What i had in mind was Imperial Administration i.e. an Empire.

realistic sets of: units, flags, governments, faction names
    I can manage these. I have an amazing collection of research data, of flags, units etc.I had collected them way before empire was released.

As to faction names, this was what i thought in mind... If only we could change it...
    Monarchy: Kingdom of ##nation##

Republic: Republic of ##nation## <or> ##nation## Republic (whichever looks better)

technologies, Victory Conditions
    We have to wait and see if time comes to add them. For victory conditions, I'll check the game and tell you by tommorow.

regions ownerships
    Overall, i found it ok in the vanilla version. But i would like to know your opinion also.

With Regards...

Blog Entries

Tell me please how advanced you are in modifying those aspects --> have you made any progress or no?

units, flags
    I can do the graphics part. And also stats part.

governments, faction names, technologies, Victory Conditions, regions ownerships
    These will take some time for me as i have never experimented with these. Could you help on these??? Else i'll have to make do with tutorial to learn.

I am currently working on units part(gathering research data first, then modifying). The 3rd quote, i had conceptual idea for modification.

Good Night

Ducenarius

Icon4 Re: The Imperial Glory Mod

Nice to hear that you have made some progress in making your mod.

When the right time comes i could modify the technology tree (many aspects of it) and of course startpos.esf modification for you (Victory Conditions, faction names, etc).

This will require editing some *.loc files too (i hope that you have English version of ETW as i have...).

In my personal opinion the default vanilla Victory Conditions are stupid beyond measure...i have made a mod and i changed them according to the historical accuracy (New Victory Conditions mod posted on TWCenter).

For your mod time frame (1700 - 1830) there will be slightly other Victory Conditions: this depend on the Grand Campaign mode.

About region ownership: it is almost realistic in the vanilla Grand Campaign (please note that some regions are missed - like Switzerland, but this is not a big error for me).

Good night --> see you tomorrow (but unfortunately on the evening, according to my time zone).

=========================================================================================================================
    Remember of the Alamo!

Blog Entries

In my personal opinion the default vanilla Victory Conditions are stupid beyond measure...i have made a mod and i changed them according to the historical accuracy
    I agree, the victory conditions for Prussia were the equivalent of formation of German Empire, but no german empire in the game.

Plus i am terribly disappointed with the marathas in the game(being of that blood myself). Inaccurate beyond comphrehension. The units, faction name and even the flag is inaccurate for marathas. But i hope to correct them.

I will be online from 17:00(my zone)...

With Regards...

Ducenarius

Icon10 Re: The Imperial Glory Mod

For your convenience i found some useful tutorials about modding unit stats:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=403791,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=404026,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=399645,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397860,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397693,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=391795,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=394571,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=391866.

I recommend to delete "fire and advance" drill from the technology tree --> it is very annoying and bugged (especially when BAI uses him...).

Tell me how far you are in modding units and other things.

I' m waiting for your answer (still today, because tomorrow i will be busy from morning since afternoon).
    Last edited by p.jakub88; December 15, 2010 at 09:16 AM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Blog Entries

Tell me how far you are in modding units and other things.
    Currently i am working on creating new units. Starting from the graphics part. Thanks for the link, i will mod the unit stats also.

Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Currently i am working on creating new units. Starting from the graphics part. Thanks for the link, i will mod the unit stats also.
    =======================================================================================================================

Ok, thanks for your quick reply! (i was only curious about your progress so far nothing more).

If you have any problems with modding unit stats, PM me as soon as possible.

The most important part will be to post some images from your WIP mod first (i 'm not advertising your future mod, but this will help me to look at them before mod release).

I could support you in the historical part of editing unit stats (i have made some mods based on the historical range for units, etc).
    Last edited by p.jakub88; December 15, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Blog Entries

If you have any problems with modding unit stats, PM me as soon as possible.
    I will, Thanks for your help.

The most important part will be to post some images from your WIP mod first (i 'm not advertising your future mod, but this will help me to look at them before mod release).
    Sure, as soon as i sufficiently finish some units.

I could support you in the historical part of editing unit stats (i have made some mods based on the historical range for units, etc).
    Thanks again...

Ducenarius

I received an email from you and now i will try to unpack this file and do my best in modding.

Then i will attach this file here or i will send it back as a mod pack, so you could test it.

Thanks for cooperation!

EDIT:

Now i' m working on your startpos.esf using ESF Editor.

I will change the Grand Campaign modes time frame (as you suggested).

Maybe i will try to do other things as well (i will tell you which later when i finish doing time frame).
    Last edited by p.jakub88; December 15, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Blog Entries

Ok,
    I will then continue on maratha units roster... I will be offline in few minutes as i have to get up early tommorow... A small errand... i will come back in evening(my time zone)...

With Regards...

Ducenarius

Ok the Grand Campaign time frame is done (for all Grand Campaign playable factions and modes).

I suggest to delete all starting traits of the default starting scholars in the Grand Campaign mode (this will be more realistic).

I suggest to change the Victory Conditions for all playable factions (for more realistic ones).

I suggest to give some researched technologies to some factions (playable and not).

Before those changes i will wait for your opinion and reply.

Next i will attach this modded startpos inside *.rar archive in this thread.

Good night!
    Last edited by p.jakub88; December 15, 2010 at 11:32 AM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Blog Entries

I suggest to delete all starting traits of starting scholars (this will be more realistic).
    I don't mind either way. You decide...

I suggest to change the Victory Conditions for all playable factions.
    Even i have suggestions for some factions... Still, you go ahead first, i will email some ideas first thing in the afternoon(my time zone)...

I suggest to give some researched technologies to some factions (playable and not).
    Agree with you.
    Last edited by m_1512; December 15, 2010 at 11:38 AM.

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello there! I looked at your thread, and I was thinking on:

-Four periods for the grand Campaign:
    In each period, the uniform of soldiers evolve.
    (I take the exemple of the France, moreover dates are approximate)

First Period (1700-1730):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Second Period (1730-1760):

Third Period (1760-1800):

Fourth Period (1800-1835):

-And broaden the expertise of the various factions in military units.

France on Artillery, Prussia on infantry, Spain on cavalry, etc...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast