Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vote of no confidence in Sulla's leadership..

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Default Vote of no confidence in Sulla's leadership..

Ok, I hope I am met with a civilized and understanding crowd when they read the below statement of mine.

Sulla. He is/was a great man. One of our main leaders during the crisis of the past, he has recieved honours beyond reckoning, and is a nice man over-all. His feats are many, his Rule as Imperator was a good time, though some people question some of his ideals, I will be open, myself included, Sulla is/was an able man.

Now though, we are stuck in a dual-matrix of sorts. The famous line "wait for Sulla" (no offense intended) is no longer around. If you look at Sulla's profile, he has been in-active for awhile. Most likely some personal issue in life has grabbed him, and I can understand that. I know the feeling when personal issues not allow me to venture to TWC or other commitments. Yet, for all of this, Sulla is gone. Archer has filled in his rule remarkably well, in my humble opinion, better.

Yet Archer is not Imperator. He holds the tag to show some sign of authority, yet he does not get Imperator powers. He is responsible enough, talented enough, able enough to hold it. Yet, Sulla is still consul. I feel fully that Archer should be given Imperator powers.

I know this would require OgresNet to step in, but I believe it is worth it. I have little confidence of Sulla returning, and in consequence, believe he should be removed from the rank of Imperator with Honour . I mean no dis-respect to the man, but I have lost confidence in him.

A Great Man, but I believe his time is past. All Things Must Pass in time. If anyone has opinions, support, against this proposal, please post here, as I am not a bad person, and will gladly talk to everyone about this in a civilized manner.

PyrrhusIV

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

I agree with Pyrrhus, for whatever reason Sulla is unable to lead us, thus we need to choose a new leader, and that leader should be Archer.

Though in the case of a return of the Sulla, Sulla should be able to regain his title if he wants it.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

I greatly support this proposal, I have thought about doing such a thing for quite a while now but was afraid of the reactions I would receive. Wake up members of the Curia, Sulla is gone and we are in need of an Imperator. The only man capable of this job at the moment is Archer and he is the person who should be given full powers as soon as possible.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Sulla. The first admin I ever really knew at TWC. I must say I was very proud of him. He was good at making firm decisions, and at forum stability. The work he did for TWC is great, and no one cna argue against that. I mean come on, the man promoted me to CP

Now, Something major has obviously happend, I mean hey if he planned on comming back, comming in on some public computer and saying hey, be gone for awhile, etc. But no, this didnt happen. He hasnt been at TWC for a long time. And left at a time when im sure he would have tried to get on as much as possible, seing as it was an important event like the new constitution.

When a leader has been gone, you have to move on. Sure Sulla was great, but to truly move on we need a full staff, and that begins at the top. Archer has proven himself to be truly able to get things moving, and judging his behavior in hte past month I must say he has proven to me atleast, that he fully deserves the rank of Imperator. Lets give this forum what it deserves. A fully functional staff, with Archer as its head.

ON, we understand your position. But please listen to our voice and allow us to move on with a full staff.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I agree (Considering I was in the final stages of creating a large post and poll on this issue as your thread was posted )

This is an abnormally long absence for a representative Director of an Ogresnet Site. I quote the following from the Syntagma:

The Imperator is the site administrator and will act as the guardian of the TWC constitution. Working closely with the Network Adminisrators (Ogresnet), the Imperator manages and delegates day-to-day administrative operations of TWC. In consultation with the Consuls and global moderators, the Imperator sets the policy direction for TWC.
    I, along with many others think this role is impossible to serve with such a long absence, and feel that the lack of a Webmaster is jeopardising the security of this site, and could lead to similar bad effects, should something happen similar to the hacking affair in Mr Siblesz's absence.

I must also whine about the creation of this thread in the Prothalamos when this legally can't be a bill......I go with the idea that a poll indicating the opinions of the Curia to Mithras and Besim, on the main Curia board, would have been better and more clearer. That way, there can be no excuses for thread closures and vetoes, which is inevitably going to happen with this one.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

You can make the poll and Be in charge of it if you wish, if it is within the rules of the constitution. I am content with this, but yes, A poll is more clear.

This concerns me. Sulla our admin has been away for a month, before that he wasn’t exactly active. I personally sent him a few PM’s about the Eagle standard and the links on the front page but never got a reply. He lives in Europe; even if his computer wasn’t working I’m sure he could go to an internet café and log on to tell us about the situation. I can’t understand why Sulla wouldn’t come back and at least hand in a resignation. Either something happened to him or he doesn’t care enough about the community.

Now TWC was doing so well under Sulla, but with our head figure and representative gone, how is TWC going to continue to grow? Imagine CA Private messages Sulla and don’t get a reply, how does that reflect on out community? Sulla reflects the image which TWC is as our admin, but he isn’t here and that is a huge issue that has to be dealt with. We have waited too long and need a new admin. We need Archer.

I have worked for Mithras and Ogres.net in the past and trust they will make the right decision. It boils down to something he once told me:

Lucius Cornelius says:
    if it interested me... yes. I originally joined to get a question answered about the game. I never thought I would end here and would have continued to serve the community until I eventually lost my interest. Even a capitalist has hobbies that don't make money.

I think it went from a hobby too a burden.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

I can move this to the Curia proper, where it belongs. But no polls are allowed in the Curia.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

If You wish Justinian, I am perfectly fine with my. It is to my relief also that i am not alone with these thoughts about Sulla.

Moved to the Curia proper.

Sulla was an excellent admin. He wrote a new Constitution, kept most people happy, and most importantly pulled us out of the hacking crisis.

But in the course of his administration he made everything depend on him, and now he has disappeared.

It has been over a month since he was last online, and almost two since he really posted. We cannot let this site run with an admin who is absent; many things have been put off as we wait for Sulla, including things on the front page, usergroup changes, bugs, and other things outside of Archer's reach.

Archer has proved himself to be an able admin and an excellent head of staff. He runs us well and maintains a balance between the Curia and the Staff, something even Sulla had trouble with.

I fully support making Archer Imperator.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    I can move this to the Curia proper, where it belongs. But no polls are allowed in the Curia.
    That would allow a wider spread of opinion and make things clearer for the ON administration.

I support it.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

I have only been here a short time, but i am aware of the distinct lack of admin. This may sound vulgur but it needs to be said.

Kick out Sulla and make Archer boss....and it better get done sooner rather than later.
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

Emperor Dimitricus's Avatar Royal Corps Of Signals

i fully support everything that evryone else has said. yes, he was awesome while he was here, but the fact is he is no longer active. thats fine for a normal member, or even a moderator, but as the imperator, it is unacceptable. we MUST have a fully functional staff, and so we MUST have a new imperator. and i see no other option aside from Archer.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Farnan
    I agree with Pyrrhus, for whatever reason Sulla is unable to lead us, thus we need to choose a new leader, and that leader should be Archer.

Though in the case of a return of the Sulla, Sulla should be able to regain his title if he wants it.
    This would be my stance. I propose that Archer takes the reigns of government as Imperator until Sulla does decide to return on which he will receive his former title. But upon that, I purpose a vote in the curia deciding wether this site should be continued to be run by Sulla or put back Archer as the official Imperator.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by unworthy soldier
    This would be my stance. I propose that Archer takes the reigns of government as Imperator until Sulla does decide to return on which he will receive his former title. But upon that, I purpose a vote in the curia deciding wether this site should be continued to be run by Sulla or put back Archer as the official Imperator.
    That seems most fair, but I would also propose that there be some rules governing a clear line of succession in the case of abscence for a set amount of time. If the imperator were gone for x amount of days, someone should be able to step into power automatically.
    Given any number of random, even contradictory metaphysical postulates, a justification, however absurd, can be logically developed.

Mapping advances anybody can use. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by unworthy soldier
    Personally I dont like the idea of letting Sulla back in...

If Archer becomes Imperator, it will be because of Sulla's extended absence as imperator, and who's to sya he wont go missing again?

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

I disagree too, I know for a fact (I knew him personally) that he has a computer at hand, infact, It wouldnt surprise me if He'd reading this now and laughing. But I dont know that. :wink:

But he apparently got Married, so he might be serving a life sentence. :laughing:
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

I'm not going with the flow, but it seems I am. I would be in the same aggreement and Lucius Vorenus and Kscott.

Sulla is our imperator, our leader... and because of ON's stance of not even giving full admin powers to all our admin, he is in fact the most essential member of the site.

the fact that we have been delayed by him on so many occasions as to coin the phrase "wait for sulla" is wrong. the fact that archer has had to assume sulla's burden without being given the necessary powers do the job is in my opinion a great mark of disrespect to a very talented Consul now having to do alone the job of 3.

last time i checked, sulla had been absent over a month, and inactive for longer. a month on its own would be cause for concern considering his sole ability to wield certain powers, but this is not merely a prolonged absense. it is dereliction of duty, neglect, negligence and absense without both leave and notice. we don't know why he's gone, where he's gone, and crucially, when he may return, if ever.

we cannot remain a powerful serpant without a head, we cannot exist as a state without a leader, an army without a general. and we do not. Archer has assumed that burden, Archer has led us in Sulla's absense, and under Archers guidance we have deliberated on and are enacting major peice of reform to correct sulla's most striking error.

Archer does all this, and so much more for us, and this should be recognised.

for gross negligence and dereliction of duty it is my personal feeling that we should do more to censor sulla, and would move to ostrakon him, for his conduct, unless wiuth some excuse of substance is indeed beyond all belief. however, i do not think i would have the support of my honourable collegues if i should move for that, and so instead i back this motion whereby we, the respected and honourable members of the curia call for a vote of no confidence in Sulla's leadership (or lack thereof) of TWC, and move to ratify Archer's immediate and overdue promotion to Imperator.

Sulla has in the past given long and excellent service to this site, and despite the glaring errors and critical mistakes of his reign, he should therefore recieve full honours as befits a man of his standing, intelligence and ability.

I agree with this proposal. It's about time Archer got the powers. He deserves it in my opinion.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast