Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 2 Sub mod Questions & Idea's

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2 Sub mod Questions & Idea's

Hi there, I read through this thread and was thinking about the legion ancillary problem. Has this been solved? Because if not I might have a possibility. It could be possible to have each legion have its own "unique" recruitment building which gives out this ancillary. I don't know if this is possible, but it could work. One only develops a few cities into recruitment centres so it shouldn't cause much trouble, especially if it's coded so that there can only be one such ancillary ingame at the same time.

Thoughts?

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Hi there, I read through this thread and was thinking about the legion ancillary problem. Has this been solved? Because if not I might have a possibility. It could be possible to have each legion have its own "unique" recruitment building which gives out this ancillary. I don't know if this is possible, but it could work. One only develops a few cities into recruitment centres so it shouldn't cause much trouble, especially if it's coded so that there can only be one such ancillary ingame at the same time.

Thoughts?
    Legion Ancillary Problem ?...I wasnt aware there was a real problem. They work pretty well in FGE and as ancillarys can be passed from one character to another by drag and drop in RTW any further limitation on the trigger woul be absurd neither it woul hold any gain gameplaywise spoken...
    and btw...the hardoced limit for building trees in RTW is 63...no way considering to waste 28 trees just for different roman recruitment buildings...

errr..seems Iam making a habit of being the party buster in this topic...ahhh...nevermind...why would somebody shoot the messenger or what ?
    Last edited by chris10; January 09, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    errr..seems Iam making a habit of being the party buster in this topic...ahhh...nevermind...why would somebody shoot the messenger or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    Legion Ancillary Problem ?...I wasnt aware there was a real problem. They work pretty well in FGE and as ancillarys can be passed from one character to another by drag and drop in RTW any further limitation on the trigger woul be absurd neither it woul hold any gain gameplaywise spoken...
    and btw...the hardoced limit for building trees in RTW is 63...no way considering to waste 28 trees just for different roman recruitment buildings...

Well it was said they couldn't figure out a good way to do them? And about the 28 different building trees, wouldn't it be just a lot of options in 1 tree? Anyway I just thought I might share my thoughts on the subject.

On a related topic, is there a map of where to recruit which legions?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Well it was said they couldn't figure out a good way to do them? And about the 28 different building trees, wouldn't it be just a lot of options in 1 tree? Anyway I just thought I might share my thoughts on the subject.

On a related topic, is there a map of where to recruit which legions?
    ancillarys are done and working in Five Good Emperors Roman Campaing since 1 year ..

well...each building tree can have up to 9 level but you wont use the levels do you ? cause to get building for legion XXII fretensis on level 7 for example you would have to build the 6 levels of the building before ...?..naaaahh...not working pretty well

legion map...goto RTW/data/IMPPORTANT_STUFF/maps...there is a numbered legion recruitment area map..its about 20mb

Ah ok well, haven't really looked into any submods yet, but thank you for sharing. . Well I figured there was a tree for those buildings and that those specified buildings would merely mean another option in the tree.

Thank you for directing me to the map guys. And thanks for answering my questions so fast.

I'd like to ask, if somewhere is a mod allowing me not to pursue the fleeing enemies to death on the battlefield, but at least some % of them to capture, enslave (like with city) and sell them to improve my imperial budget.

Any ideas?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Not possible.

Hello.
    Are the taxeis hoplites the only old corinthian helmets wearers ? (with the spartan generals and 1 unit of cavalry if i remember right)

Does it exist a submod to make the taxeis hoplites wearing their helmets right ? i mean not laid on the top of the head. Thats the only thing that annoys me. Seeing some regiment's leaders with this is pretty cool, but seems weird when an entire battalion wear helmets like they were caps

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

They were constructed to be like that. You couldn't wear them like the older helmets. Aka down protecting the full head.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey Guys, I downloaded this patch and still my army is maxed out to 240 men per unit, I see one of the pics in the 1st thread there are 402 men a unit, how can I get that?
    I need help please

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Hey Guys, I downloaded this patch and still my army is maxed out to 240 men per unit, I see one of the pics in the 1st thread there are 402 men a unit, how can I get that?
    I need help please
    you cant..last year a guy decompiled the exe, changed the base value for men per unit and recompiled the exe..this not exactly legal...copyright infringement and anyway RTW was crashing like crazy cause with so many men per unit pathfinding issues happend which couldnt be handled by the application...so anyway it didnt worth the play even though at first sight it looked tempting

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Thank you chris for taking time and replying.
    I was wondering if you know a little about computers cs I don't, I am getting a new gaming computer soon and would like to have huge battles, with shogun 2 and hopfuly Rome 2, like 80,000 or even more men on the battlefield; what are the specs for sush a computer?

Thank you chris for taking time and replying.
    I was wondering if you know a little about computers cs I don't, I am getting a new gaming computer soon and would like to have huge battles, with shogun 2 and hopfuly Rome 2, like 80,000 or even more men on the battlefield; what are the specs for sush a computer?
    well..for the RTW engine the max rendering units I think is 38.400 but you hardly be able to get this figure cause the max armys for a battle are 8 armys---each army must consists of 20 units with 240 men = 4800 per army > by 8 times make 38.400...we know just few units have 240 men per unit and in the game itself you will never get the situation that 8 aryms stand so close together that they actually would all join a battle...so all this is theory..

Shogun engine max is 55.000 units so go figure and make the math

any anyway for rendering such amounts of polys on the screen and getting a decent framerate of aprox. 35 f/sec you must play on pretty low resolution and lower the graphics settings for the games (especially Shogun II) otherwise you need a PC which will cost probably over 5000 $ and which carrys professional graphics cards for movie production and movie studios rendering...these cards easily cost over 2000 $

so dont expect to much in termns of super massive battles..there are lots of restrictions which are game engine related and wallet related...getting a decent gaming PC for acceptable money would maybe be around a 1000€ or 1000$... depends whre you live...with tehcnology in graphivs cards,processors and RAM advancing so quick it doesnt worht the money to pay more only for getting 5 more frames per second..simple truth is that the human eye can not detect anything above 35 frames per second..so it really doesnt matter to play on 1920*1200 with 80fps cause you wont detect a difference to 1280*1024 with 60fps...the bigger resolution is a bit clearer but thats all
    Last edited by chris10; May 04, 2012 at 05:44 PM.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Alright I just got a new computer and ran a huge costum battle yesterday, 4 stackes agains 4 stacks, total number of troops was 33833, it was a bit laggy for about 3 minutes that's when the number of troops dropped down a little than it was running smooth, computer specs are core i7-3930K with 2 graphics cards Radeon HD 7970 with 16 GB ram, now I am just worried I could harm the CPU or the graphics cards playing with that many troops on the battlefield, I got the computer well cooled so no worries about over heating but what I am worried about again is am i harming my CPU with that many troops on the battlefield?

Alright I just got a new computer and ran a huge costum battle yesterday, 4 stackes agains 4 stacks, total number of troops was 33833, it was a bit laggy for about 3 minutes that's when the number of troops dropped down a little than it was running smooth, computer specs are core i7-3930K with 2 graphics cards Radeon HD 7970 with 16 GB ram, now I am just worried I could harm the CPU or the graphics cards playing with that many troops on the battlefield, I got the computer well cooled so no worries about over heating but what I am worried about again is am i harming my CPU with that many troops on the battlefield?
    simple answer is NO...
    there is no problem with maxing out the units...it only gets laggy

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey Chris, thanks allot about your help, just would like to clarify something here, I already have 2 Radeon HD 7970 video cards, you think if I add 1 more card would solve whatever lag I have left when fighting the 4 vs 4 stack armies, bottom line would 1 more graphics card improve performance?

Hey Chris, thanks allot about your help, just would like to clarify something here, I already have 2 Radeon HD 7970 video cards, you think if I add 1 more card would solve whatever lag I have left when fighting the 4 vs 4 stack armies, bottom line would 1 more graphics card improve performance?
    Not at all...the industry likes to fool customers with the simpel formula more=better but very often its simply down to the application were the limits are.
    RTW is highly dependant on the velocity of the CPU so it doesnt matter how many more graphics cards you add.
    Bear in mind that the RAM of the graphics card is only used to store textures and this sort of stuff..it doesnt help with overall performance which is realted to CPU calculation.

As I said before its perfectly possible to build a custom super home PC with huge overclocking,water cooling and stuff but these super gaming pcs can worth easily 5000 $...considering how quick prices go down for hardware personally I find it a waste of money casue the PC you build today for 5000 € in 18 months worths literally nothing cause the same hardware could worth 20% of what you paid or is even obsolete.

Another word of advice..due to technical reasons you always should only add RAM or GPUs to meet even numbers...

2 graphics card or 4 (if the motherboard supports it) but not 3
    4 x 2 GB RAM but not 3 or 5

and never mixing different sized RAMs
    Last edited by chris10; May 21, 2012 at 07:59 AM.

I got irritated with watching my hoplites mob around like Gauls, so I decided to go into export_descr_unit.txt and give every hoplite shield-wall. I coppied and pasted the text from the Spartan Hoplite, which has it already, into the exact spot it needs to go in the "Formations" slot, but it doesn`t actually change it in the game. I DID change my security settings to allow me to modify the file, and the changes are sticking in the text. Can anyone tell me why it`s not translating to the gameplay?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast