Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Consulate of Imperious and Poplicola, 536 A.V.C.

Default Re: Consulate of Imperious and Poplicola, 536 A.V.C.

Garrison the city, with what? Women and children? The proconsul's army has marched to Sanguton. The entirety of the army, with no way back, not even if the cavalrymen ride themselves to death. Emporiae is defenseless, utterly defenseless with no Roman influence, perfect breeding ground for insurrection.

Scaurus' burning eyes swept the entirety of the Senate. His words were slow but they carried the weight of his age and knowledge

If Emporiae does abandon us, I would crucify the entirety of its citizenry upon retaking it as punishment.

His eyes rested on Imperious

And then prosecute the man who was responsible for its loss.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

Several months later, Spring had graced the Republic. The new magistrates were about to be sworn in. However, a messenger ran into the Curia. "HONORED SENATORS!" he shouted. "I bring grim news. REBELLION SWEEPS THE LAND! The cities of Capua and Rhegion have ABANDONED THE LATIN ALLAINCE! Their garrisons have been cast out! They march against us under arms!
    Such things a mortal man should never have to see... and worse news! Emporion has joined their uprising, and they have taken control of the surrounding region! Our troops in Hispania are trapped! Such a grievous day..." The messenger falls to his knees and weeps."

Scaurus glowered at the messenger and rapped the floor with his cane.

Get up you sniveling coward. Are you a Roman or not?

He turned to the rest of the Senate.

So, are we to still ignore my warnings? Are we to still disobey the words of an old man? To deliberate when we had no time? To ponder things that should have been decided months ago?

Conscript Fathers, we are now on the edge of a blade, the tipping point that could potentially destroy the Republic. If this is the legacy of our previous consuls, then I can only hope that my consulship will bring us the order and stability that we so desperately need.

=So ends the consulship of Imperious and Poplicola=

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456