Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE: particularly from any Russian speakers

Default HELP PLEASE: particularly from any Russian speakers

Some of you may be aware that there is a mod called East Wind: Rebirth of Hellas, produced by the Black Shine team....http://bshine.3dn.ru/forum/5-68-77

Two guys who have visited the Total War forums (Darius and Maxmus) are the main modellers for it. The main issue I have is the blatant ripping off of RS2 units or parts of RS2 skins and models - examples:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Firstly, they've not been given permission to use the units (OK, I can cope with this to a certain extent and is unfortunately to be expected), but for me the more important issue is the refusal on their part to actually acknowledge the source of most of their materials - the work that Leif and I did for RS2. I've tried addressing this with them personally, but they're not interested in giving credit where credit is due, hence my appeal to you.

So please, if you speak Russian, can you put pressure on these $@@@$$$ to develop at least a tiny bit of integrity and not claim as their own work stuff that was done largely by others (and not just RS2, but RTR and EB work has been used without permission).

Ultimately I can't stop them ripping stuff off, but at least they might say "this unit uses elements from this one from RS2."

And yes, I'll acknowledge that some of their stuff looks better than the original!
    Last edited by tone; December 11, 2010 at 02:09 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Chicken's Avatar Senator

Default Re: HELP PLEASE: particularly from any Russian speakers

That is a fing joke.

Why can't they just acknowledge the RS2, RTR and EB team for their hard work? I'm sure the dev teams of these equally fantastic mod will give the Black Shine team 100% permission to use models/skins..... etc.

I don't speak Russian, but I would just like to express my disgust of this.

/end of rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakomar View Post
    Your dancing chicken is hypnotising me.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

I know some people who know some people who...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    HURT PEOPLE

Last edited by Everto; December 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM.

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

first all of all...

And yes, I'll acknowledge that some of their stuff looks better than the original!
    this is my opinion...
    what the did they do to those skins???
    weird-looking units lol
    i prefer RS2's units

sorry i don't know how to speak russian...
    maybe an online translator can do the trick?
    Last edited by drecie14; December 11, 2010 at 04:07 AM.
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

Maybe you should ask the team who are making the "Call of warhammer" mod for some help in the matter as it is a Russian mod as well and as far as i know alot of them speak Russian considering the mod has to be translated from russian to english- maybe see if htye can speak to these ignorant .

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1377

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Use the wub icon. No need to hold back. And how do you think these are better? Wierd arms, wierd legs...wierd units
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Why are there so many people trying to steal RS stuff without permission, another thread has just popped up about someone using the battle field environments in a submod without permission.

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

Why are there so many people trying to steal RS stuff without permission, another thread has just popped up about someone using the battle field environments in a submod without permission.
    so I've noticed
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Because many foreigner do not have the concept about "steal MOD stuff without permission". They do this only for fun or share the fun(like me). If their know they won't do this.

There are many reasons

1 education
    2 system in his country
    ....etc
    Last edited by Veteran with old horse; December 11, 2010 at 06:49 AM.

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Doesn't Chernish speak Russian?

You should send death threats to them all. So they won't steal RSII's stuffs again.

I find this ******* ridiculous. I cant stand it when people don't give credit where its due.
    Aulus Petillius Vespasianus: Patrician, Senator, Age 32

Indefinitely Banned

Well i speak Russian but i didn't understand whats the issue =\

Quote Originally Posted by thegsg View Post
    Some Russian people are stealing work that the RS team has made for RS2 and are using it in their own mod and have not even asked permission to use it. And since they wont even give credit to the people who's work they have stolen, they seem to be passing it on as if they have made these things themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Some Russian people are stealing work that the RS team has made for RS2 and are using it in their own mod and have not even asked permission to use it. And since they wont even give credit to the people who's work they have stolen, they seem to be passing it on as if they have made these things themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegsg View Post
    Yes, so we would like some Russian speakers to be able to convey that to them, so that they understand how we feel about them using our work without permission.

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Please don't turn this all into a flame war against Russians. People use RS2 stuff for one reason....it's so blasted good!! I'm sorry, that's just the truth. But, it doesn't mean that ALL people use our stuff because they are malicious or bad people. They may not know the rules, or even think they should abide them. My issue here is not that people DID it, but that, when confronted with the issue, refuse to admit that they did it. As Tone says, the refusal to acknowledge where materials come from, and who created them, is the far greater offense. Sure, people see nice things in a free release and they want it for themselves or their mod...I understand this. But for the sake of simple integrity, all it takes is a line or two of text saying "This came from RS2, or was made by Leif or Tone on the RS2 team", or whatever. It's not like we're asking for a 'first-born'....just a little consideration for 3 years of labor.

The units Tone shows above are obviously stolen material. Just dressing them up a bit different, or changing a thing here and there and calling it your own is just plain ridiculous behavior. Who are they kidding but themselves?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Tone your's, leif and all our other unit makers units are far better than these rip offs. The "improvements" they made are in their own nearly an insult to the work you guys did.
    I can't understand how they have a stomach to say that it's there work. A normal game developer would sue the socks of them.

It's stuff like this that almost makes me want to quit modding.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Firstly, they've not been given permission to use the units (OK, I can cope with this to a certain extent and is unfortunately to be expected), but for me the more important issue is the refusal on their part to actually acknowledge the source of most of their materials - the work that Leif and I did for RS2. I've tried addressing this with them personally, but they're not interested in giving credit where credit is due, hence my appeal to you.

So please, if you speak Russian, can you put pressure on these $@@@$$$ to develop at least a tiny bit of integrity and not claim as their own work stuff that was done largely by others (and not just RS2, but RTR and EB work has been used without permission).

Ultimately I can't stop them ripping stuff off, but at least they might say "this unit uses elements from this one from RS2."
    Let me start by saying I'm not involved with the development of this mod, nor am I defending theft of others' work (which I strongly disapprove of as well), but I took a look at their beta release thread via Google Translate and it appears they do give credit where credit is due.
    Borrowing from other mods:

In our model, the following components, by the author:
    1. Some of the textures for the stratum maps and models taken from the mods Roma Surrectum and Casus Belli
    2. Some models of Indians taken from Fashion Casus Belli and RTR
    3. Some models of the Thracians, as well as horse armor taken from Fashion Varyag
    4. Additional animation was taken from fashion XGM
    5. Some models in a modified form of King Louise Assurbanipal
    6. Texture ippakontistov and peltasts in a modified form of comrade Tone.

Chernish's Avatar Decanus

Yes, Tone, I support you. I had previously written Darius on his forum that it's not done. And some members of his team written too. But understanding is not met by them. I hope that RS2 team will not distribute the attitude towards these people for all the Russian modders.

You work is great. Your contribution is invaluable. Do not worry - we are with you.

PS On russian forum Imperial We organized a public topic of this case, I hope the Russian-speaking community will express their attitude and support you - http://imtw.ru/index.php?act=ST&f=37...=0#entry628325
    Last edited by Chernish; December 12, 2010 at 03:15 AM.
    Do what must be and let be what will

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sorry for being horribly off topic, but Tone check my PM please, kinda important
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast