Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The 1600's

Rí na Fews's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The 1600's

yes, the aformentioned pack has no campaign, im nearly finished this campaign. I am going to look for a modeller now.
    There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

A Rabbi, a Priest and a Minister walk into a bar. The barman says "what is this, some kind of joke"

I was playing DMUC today a noticed that the pikemen attack with their pikes unlike in vanilla were they attack with swords. (unless they are in a formation which they will hold out their pikes but not really attack). You should ask them for the animations etc.

Good Idea, Ill have to get onto that! Bogged down with Revision here tho.......
    There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

A Rabbi, a Priest and a Minister walk into a bar. The barman says "what is this, some kind of joke"

Revision?

I'm not sure I answered your PM... anyway, I'll be glad to do some reasearch and provide more images - unfortunately, I'm not a skinner nor a modeller... Moreover, I suggest moving this thread to the "Mod threads" - it would be far easier to find help there

What do you mean? By revision I mean studying for my GCSE examinations in a month.

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Crap... Quite a few things have happened here since I last checked in it seems....

Quote Originally Posted by Rí na Fews View Post
    What do you mean? By revision I mean studying for my GCSE examinations in a month.
    I dont live in the UK so I wasn't aware of what a "GCSE" is or what one means by "revision".

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Pom's Spain mod Pikeman model would be very suitable to some of the later units in particular. In particular the long hair is very suited to the 17th century. See below:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    For an example of what is possible, I am working on this reskin for my Denmark mod:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Pom has given me permission to use his models and skins in my mods.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by demostene View Post
    Arquebusier:
    range - 90
    accuracy - 45
    realoding skill - 50

Musketeer:
    range - 135
    accuracy - 50
    realoding skill - 40 (it took more time to reload a musket, as it was heavier)

Fusilier:
    range - 150
    accuracy - 60
    realoding skill - 55 (the late musket is lighter and more effective, it no more needs a fork to be shoot)

they are too strong for 600's riflemen.
    The arquebuse and the musket wasn't so accurate:

Arquebuse:
    Range: 65/70
    Accuracy: 25
    Realoding skills: 25/30(If elite)

Musket:
    Range: 80/90
    Accuracy: 30
    Realoding Skills: 25/30(If elite)

700's Musket:
    Range: 100
    Accuracy: 40
    Realoding skills: 25

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014

Geromino, Great models but what is the horsemen unit? also Tex you forgot the Fusil.

Geromino, Great models but what is the horsemen unit? also Tex you forgot the Fusil.
    It's the pikeman drummer in the Spain mod. He is a bugler. Any model can be turned into a bugler, drummer, officer, standard-bearer etc.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Right, I am still able to list Statistics and Unit types : BEAR IN MIND FOR START OF 1600s

I will have pictures uploaded and the list finished for cavalry etc tomoro.

Spoiler for Melee Infantry

Armed Peasantry -Terrible Troops, Irregulars. Armed with mix of maxshift sabres and pikes. Low attack, Default Defence. The whole their lives peasants were working for their masters - cultivating the land, extracting resources, and multiplying prosperity of their lords. At wartime, peasants were recruited to militia squads. Indeed it was the least battle-worthy part of an army.
    [Available for- Europe]

Cost- Free
    Health- 25
    Melee- 15
    Range- 15
    Speed- 5

Pikemen -Infantryman armed with a long pike. Effective against both infantry and cavalry. Medium attack. Very short creation time.
    [Available for- All European Nations except Poland and Sweden]

Cost- 300
    Health- 45
    Melee- 20
    Range- 25
    Speed- 4

Images
    I say the base pikemen is fine.

Armoured Pikemen -Infantryman armed with a long pike. Armor protects him well against bullets and grapeshot. Effective in combat formations against cavalry. Medium attack. Short creation time. More expensive than Regular pikemen.
    [Available for- France, Austria, Spain, England, Sweden]

Cost- 450
    Health- 60
    Melee- 25
    Range- 27
    Speed- 3

Images
    http://history.wisc.edu/sommerville/...ges/pkeman.jpg

Swedish Pikemen - Infantryman armed with a long pike. Effective against both infantry and cavalry. Medium to High attack. Short creation time.
    [Available for- Sweden]

Cost- 350
    Health- 50
    Melee- 35
    Range- 27
    Speed- 4

Images
    http://www.karlxii.se/wp-content/upl...2-img_9645.jpg

Polish Pikemen -Infantryman armed with a long pike. Effective in combat formations against cavalry. Short creation time, but weaker health. Cheap
    [Available for- Poland]

Cost -300
    Health- 40
    Melee- 20
    Range- 25
    Speed- 4

Strelet Spearmen -Sometimes Streletses were armed with this weapon to meet cavalry charges in a close fight. The most effective Pikeman. Medium Creation time.
    [Available for- Russia]

Cost- 370
    Health- 45
    Melee- 40
    Range-25
    Speed- 4

Images
    http://cossacks.heavengames.com/imag...a_Spearman.jpg

RoundShielders -In Austrian army, a few detachments of infantry armed with cold steel still remained. Infantryman armed with a sword. Wears armor that protects him from bullets and splinters. Short creation time. Low attack factor.
    [Available for- Austria]

Cost- 270
    Health- 55
    Melee- 50
    Range- 20
    Speed- 6

Rodeleros -Heavily Armoud swordsmen used to beat back hordes of Native Americans. Large shield for Cover. Similar to Roundshielders. Long time to build.

Cost- 320
    Health- 70
    Melee- 50
    Range- 20
    Speed- 4

Ottoman Pikemen -In addition to janissaries with shooting weapons, there were soldiers armed with pikes and yataghans in Ottoman Empire. Infantryman armed with a long pike. Effective in combat formations against cavalry. Short creation time.
    [Availible for- Ottomans]

Cost- 350
    Health- 40
    Melee- 20
    Range- 25
    Speed- 5

Azap -Manifold tribes made up the North African Armies army, while there were usually irregular forces. Infantryman armed with a saber. Low attack parameter. Short creation time. Effective in formations only.
    [Availible for- North Africa, Arabia]

Cost- 300
    Health- 35
    Melee- 40
    Range-20
    Speed- 6

Zeibecks -Badly Organised Irregulars. Mercenaries and Plunderers. Infantryman armed with sabers and bows. Low attack. Very short creation time. Very Cheap.
    [Availible for- North Africa, Arabia]

Cost- 250
    Health- 25
    Melee- 20
    Range- 20
    Speed 7

Armed Mob -Bad Troops, Irregulars. Armed with mix of maxshift sabres and pikes. Low attack, Default Defence. The morale of these fighters was rather low too. Although people are capable of self-sacrificing feats when they protect their families, it is very difficult to control such and army.
    [Available for- North Africa and Arabia]

Cost- Free
    Health- 25
    Melee- 15
    Range- 15
    Speed- 5

Spoiler for Ranged Infantry

Arquebusers -Aging class of Riflemen. Armed with Light but not very accurate Rifles. short to build. Cheap. Can't Melee, relient on Pikemen for support.
    [Available for- Europe] Dutch produce very quickly]

Cost - 320
    Health- 35
    Range- 65
    Accuracy- 25
    Reloading skills- 25
    Speed- 5

Images
    http://www.royalarmouries.org/assets.../musketeer.png

Musketeers - Better Rate of Fire and Punch than their Earlier counterparts. Good Accuracy, short building time, Cheap. Still Relient on Pike and Shoot method.
    [Available for-France, Austria, Spain, England, Sweden]

Cost- 420
    Health- 35
    Range- 90
    Accuracy- 35
    Reloading Skills- 20 [Heavier]
    Speed- 4

Images
    http://www.militaryheritage.com/images/matchlock7.jpg

Strelet Riflemen - Good Riflemen, Fast Shooters. Armed with Flintlock Musket and Poleaxe [also used to aim]. Not cheap [but not expensive] Medium Build time.
    [Available for-Russia]

Cost- 470
    Health- 45
    Melee- 15
    Range- 90
    Accuracy- 35
    Reloading Skills- 20
    Speed- 3

Images
    http://images.ookaboo.com/photo/m/Strelec_Soln_m.jpg

Serdiuks - Foot Cossacks were called serdiuks or ohochepehotnys. Armed with a musket. Hits targets at long range. Effective only in conjunction with infantry. One of the best shooters in the game. Long range of fire. Cheap, Very short build time.
    [Available for- Wallachia, Cossacks]

Cost- 310
    Health- 40
    Range- 100
    Accuracy- 45
    Reloading Skills- 30
    Speed- 5

Austrian Jäger - Good Riflemen, Good accuracy. Slightly more heavily armoured Armed with Musket support with roundshielders. Not cheap. Medium Build time.
    [Avaiable for- Austria]

Cost- 410
    Health- 45
    Range- 95
    Accuracy- 35
    Reloading Skills- 20
    Speed- 4

Conquistadors - Same as regular musketeers, but more expensive and heavily armoured.
    [Available for- Spain]

Cost- 480
    Health- 50
    Range- 90
    Accuracy- 30
    Reloading Skills- 20
    Speed- 3

Polish Riflemen -Best Musketeer Health, Longest to produce. Not very Expensive, Similar to regular Musketeers, but worse range and accuracy
    [Available for- Poland]

Cost- 350
    Health- 55
    Range- 80
    Accuracy- 25
    Reloading Skills- 20
    Speed- 4

Berber Archers - These fighters were armed with bows and arrows. Their bows possessed a high rate of fire. Also a soldier's stamina influenced much the range and rate of fire. These savage warriors terrified an enemy by their brutality and rapidity. However, like in all irregular armies, the weak discipline made them very unstable in a battle.
    [Available for- whoever controls Babary States]

Cost- 280
    Health- 35
    Range- 55
    Accuracy- 35
    Reloading Skills- 30
    Speed- 6

Janissaries -This force was the core of the Turkish army, First they were recruited from Christians taken from their families in their childhood and converted to Moslems. Armed with a musket. Effective only in conjunction with infantry. Good attack. Little time required for creation.
    [Available for- Ottomans]

Cost- 440
    Health- 40
    Range- 85
    Accuracy- 35
    Reloading Skills- 30
    Speed- 5

Bashi-Bazouk -Less organised than Jannissaries but still a force to be reckoned with. Very quick to produce and Cheap. Mix between arquebus rifles and swords.
    [Available for- Arabia and North Africa]

Cost- 300
    Health- 35
    Melee- 15
    Range- 70
    Accuracy- 30
    Reloading Skills- 30
    Speed- 6

Austrian Pandurs - Infantryman armed with a musket. Reaches targets at long range. Does not shoot if the enemy approaches too close. One of the most effective shooters. Long to build, expensive. Needs support from melee infantry.
    [Available for- Austria]

Cost- 460
    Health- 35
    Range- 115
    Accuracy- 50
    Reloading Skills- 30
    Speed- 5

Hungarian Pandurs- Original and Best Pandurs, basically an Early modern Sniper. Similar to Austrian Counterpart, but better, and more expensive.
    [Available for- whoever holds Hungary]

Cost- 470
    Health- 30
    Range- 120
    Accuracy- 60
    Reloading Skills- 30
    Speed- 6

Hajduk - Hungarian Arquebusers, Svadrons wore traditional national garments, generally richly and brightly decorated, and selected their own weapons. A special sash allowed them to carry several pistols and daggers.
    [Available for- whoever holds Hungary]

Cost- 350
    Health- 35
    Melee- 15
    Range- 65
    Accuracy- 25
    Reloading skills- 25
    Speed- 5

Highlander -Scottish Sharpshooter, not good as pandur and low health. Cheap and medium build time.
    [Available for-Scotland]

Cost- 300
    Health- 25
    Range- 70
    Accuracy- 40
    Reloading skills- 20
    Speed- 5

Landsknecht -Mostly Germanic footsoldiers. The universal Mercenaries, these men would do anythnig for the right pay. Armed with pikes and arquebuses. Very quick creation time, but moderately expensive.
    [Available for-Westphalia, Wurttemberg, Bavaria, Austria, Hannover, Brandenberg-Prussia.]

Cost- 380
    Health- 35
    Melee- 20
    Range- 65
    Accuracy- 25
    Reloading skills- 20
    Speed- 5

Images
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ndsknechte.jpg

Spoiler for Cavalry

Heavy Rider -As a result of military science development, knighthood was replaced with cavalry. Individual fighters gave place to tactical units formed of riders - heavy cavalrymen. Protected by heavy armor, they were perfect in hand-to-hand fighting.
    Heavy cavalryman armed with a sword. Wears armor that protects him well against bullets and splinters. Effective against infantry and cavalry. Moderate price, medium build time.

Cost- 460
    Health- 50
    Melee-30
    Range- 20
    Speed- 9

Dragoon -Armed with a musket, a saber or a broadsword, and a pair of pistols. Dragoons had no armor. Their equipment was very much like that of the musketeers except dragoons wore jackboots. Long range of fire. Low rate of fire and medium creation time.

Cost- 400
    Health- 30
    Melee- 20
    Range- 70
    Accuracy- 40
    Reloading skills- 20
    Speed- 11

Images
    http://img150.imageshack.us/i/austriaxviiwiek19tj5.jpg/

Reiter - As the cavalry was developed, dragoons were less and less used as infantry. At the Cost of Sacrificing their ability to double as infantry these Horsemen gain Heavy Armour. Long Build time, Moderately expensive, but good health.

Cost- 480
    Health- 45
    Melee- 25
    Range- 85
    Accuracy- 50
    Reloading skills- 20
    Speed- 10

Harquebusier - This type of cavalryman was characterised by the use of a form of carbine, with a sabre and the harquebusier was increasingly used in a shock role on the battlefield. Low cost and Low build time caused this cavalryman to be one of the most common in Europe. Best used in Support of heavier Cavalry.
    [Available for -Europe]

Cost- 360
    Health- 30
    Melee- 20
    Range- 60
    Accuracy- 20
    Reloading skills- 25
    Speed- 12

Demi-Lancer -Falling quickly out of usage in the 17th Century these cavalrymen were nothing short of more Heavily armoured Harquebusiers. Primarily using a melee weapon, but also carrying pistols, less useful than their Reiter counterparts.
    [Available for- Europe]

Cost- 360
    Health- 40
    Melee-30
    Range- 20
    Accuracy- 20
    Reloading Skills- 30
    Speed- 10

Images
    http://www.falkenberg.se/images/18.1...nadryttare.jpg

Croat Riders - Croats (don't mix with nationality) constituted a light cavalry intended for violent raids into enemy's rear, reconnaissance, and frontier service. The main feature of these fighters was their speed and maneuverability. Basically an Early Hussar. Light cavalryman armed with a saber. Good for sabotage raids. Short creation time and good maneuverability. Ineffective against infantry in formations and heavy cavalry.
    [Available for- Austria]

Cost- 380
    Health- 35
    Melee- 30
    Range- 20
    Speed- 14

Knekt -Sweden's answer to the problem of protection over manuverability. Moderately armoured cavalryman armed with a sword. Wears armor that protects him well against bullets and splinters. Effective against infantry and light cavalry. Cheap, Medium build time.
    [Available for- Sweden]

Cost- 430
    Health- 45
    Melee-30
    Range- 20
    Speed- 11

Images

Winged Hussar - Infantry, being a significant part of other European armies, was merely an ancillary force in Poland. Heavy cavalryman armed with a long lance. Effective against infantry, cavalry and for sabotage raids. Wears armor that protects him well against bullets and splinters. Good maneuverability. Good attack and defense. Much time required for creation.
    [Available for- Poland]

Cost- 440
    Health- 45
    Melee-35
    Range- 20
    Speed- 15

Images
    http://history.wisc.edu/sommerville/...ges/winged.jpg

Polish Light Rider - The light Polish cavalry comprised many races, Light riders were the most effective in outflanking and raids into enemy's rear. Light cavalryman armed with a saber. Effective against infantry. Short creation time. Low attack factor.
    [Available for- Poland]

Cost- 400
    Health- 30
    Melee-30
    Range- 20
    Speed- 11

Royal Guard - Special elite detachments were created for personal protection of King of France. One of them comprised 2 companies of King's musketeers. These musketeers were perfect in fencing, accurate shooting, and riding. Their arms and tactics were much like those of dragoons, but King's Musketeers were better equipped. Elite cavalryman. Armed with a musket. Reaches targets at long range. Does not fire if the enemy approaches too close. Very good attack. Long time required for creation.
    [Available for- France]

Cost- 460
    Health- 45
    Melee- 35
    Range- 80
    Accuracy- 50
    Reloading skills- 25
    Speed- 13

Mounted Pandur - The Hungarian national cavalry served as the prototype of a new type of troops which spread throughout Europe: the hussars. Light cavalryman. Effective in sabotage raids. Good maneuverability and little time required for creation. Ineffective against Heavy Cavalry.
    [Available for- Whoever holds Hungary]

Cost- 420
    Health- 35
    Melee-35
    Range- 20
    Speed- 14

Sich Cossacks - Cossacks were armed with varied weapons - scimitars, muskets, pistols, bows, daggers, maces, and six-blade-maces. They used both oriental and Western European weapons, but mainly no armor. They were formed at the time when Ukraine was under the rule of Poland. Light cavalryman armed with a saber. Effective in sabotage raids. One of the fastest cavalrymen. Cheap, very quick build time.
    [Available for- Crimea, Whoever Holds Ukraine, Cossacks, Wallachia, Georgia]

Cost- 370
    Health- 25
    Melee-35
    Range- 20
    Speed- 14

Register Cossacks -Stockier and better defended than their Sich counterparts at the cost of speed. Cheap but quick to moderate build time. Light cavalryman armed with a lance. Effective against infantry.

Cost- 410
    Health- 40
    Melee-35
    Range- 20
    Speed- 12

Images
    http://img98.imageshack.us/i/hetman3pt1fd.jpg/

Don Cossacks - These Cossacks were an irregular cavalry, As the Russian monarchy grew stronger in the XIX century, Cossacks gained status of a regular army. They were quick and maneuverable, successful in raids into the rear, outflanking maneuvers, and were often used for developing new territories and frontier services. A mixture between their Sich and Register cousins. Light cavalryman armed with a lance. Effective against infantry. Short creation time and low cost.
    [Available for- Crimea, Whoever Holds Ukraine, Cossacks, Russia, Georgia]

Cost- 400
    Health- 35
    Melee-30
    Range- 20
    Speed- 13

Vityazes - These riders formed a feudal (boyar) cavalry in Russia. The knights were equipped with armor (ring mails and steel plates) and armed with sabers, lances, polehammers or maces, and pistols. Heavy Cavalry in Russia was uncommon, but the Vityaz fills this roll. Heavy cavalryman , wears armor that protects him well against bullets and splinters. Effective against infantry and light cavalry. Good attack and defense. High creation cost. Much time required for creation.
    [Available for- Russia]

Cost- 470
    Health- 50
    Melee-35
    Range- 20
    Speed- 10

Spakhs - Along with the janissaries, these troops formed the core of the Turkish army. Spakhs comprised a heavy feudal cavalry settled at the European border of Turkish Empire. They were perfectly skilled in combat and riding, as well as in individual fighting. Spakhs wore armor and wielded varied weapons. Effective against infantry. Long creation time. Low attack and defense parameters.

Cost- 400
    Health- 30
    Melee-25
    Range- 20
    Speed- 12

Images
    http://www.cossacks.sztab.com/grafik...key_sphaks.gif

Mamelukes - The personal sultan's guard called Mamelukes was formed of Turkish and Caucasian slaves in Egypt. The prime of Arabian riders, they were brought up in martial atmosphere from the very childhood and were trained in riding and wielding all kinds of weapons. Cavalryman armed with a long lance. Effective against infantry. Short creation time and low cost.
    [Available for- whoever controls Egypt]

Cost- 490
    Health- 45
    Melee-40
    Range- 20
    Speed- 10

Images
    http://www.britishflatfigures.org.uk...h-mameluke.jpg

Bedouin - Nomadic or semi-nomadic Arab cattle breeders, generally camel breeders of the Near East and North Africa. Armed with Arquebus or any weapon they can get their hands on. Cheap, moderate build time. Effective at further ranges.
    [Available for- North Africa, Arabia]

Cost- 390
    Health- 30
    Range- 60
    Accuracy- 40
    Reloading skills- 20
    Speed- 10

Images
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_473nrD5vEv...ab-cavalry.jpg

Tatars - These soldiers were neither homogeneous nor disciplined. They were armed with varied and often obsolete weapons. Sultans also hired nomadic tribes living in Crimea (Southern Ukraine). Tatars, like other similar units, had no standard uniform and dressed themselves in traditional valueumes. Shoots incendiary arrows at buildings, fortifications. Moderately expensive, medium build time.
    [Available for- Ottomans, Dagestan, Persia, Cossacks, Crimea, Georgia]

Cost- 430
    Health- 35
    Melee- 35
    Range- 40
    Accuracy- 50
    Reloading skills- 30
    Speed- 10

Images
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bon2qYOaQ0...400/tatars.jpg

Hetman -Cossack cavalryman armed with a saber. Efficient both against infantry and cavalry. Very good attack and defense. High creation cost and little time required for creation. Cossack Generals.

Cost- 490
    Health- 50
    Melee-45
    Range- 20
    Speed- 10

Images
    http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/imag...s/Bogun_k.jpeg

Sipahi - Ottoman Elite Cavalry, Armed with a mix of bows, sabers and swords. Expensive, and long to build.

Cost- 510
    Health- 55
    Melee-45
    Range- 20
    Speed- 11

Images
    http://totalwar.honga.net/temp/empir..._info_cavl.png

Stradiotti -Albanian and Greek mercenaries who soldiered for the Italian States. Renowned for their hit and run tactics, one of the pioneers of light Cavalry. But like all Mercenaries, pay is not Cheap. Light Cavalrymen armed with spears, maces and swords.
    [Available for- Venice, Italian States, Genoa, Savoy, whoever holds Lombardy and Naples]

Cost- 420
    Health- 40
    Melee-35
    Range- 20
    Speed- 13

Images
    http://www.tian5.net/gif2/webgif/gav...093898_035.jpg

Spoiler for Artillery

Sakers - Immobile Cannons used to blast enemies. Moderate to long Creation time, moderately expensive. Can be forced to melee.
    [Available for- Everyone]

Cost- 500
    Health- 30
    Melee-20
    Range- 130
    Accuracy- 40
    Speed- N/A [when melee, 6]

Demi Cannon - Immobile Culverin used to blast enemies at long distances. Long Creation time, Expensive. Can be forced to melee.

Cost- 530
    Health- 40
    Melee-20
    Range- 120
    Accuracy- 60

Minion -A type of small cannon used from Tudor period to the end of the 17th Century. Most used as an anti-personnal gun rather than to attack fortifications. Cheap for cannons, moveable by horse. Moderate build time, can be forced to melee.

Cost- 470
    Health- 30
    Melee-20
    Range- 90
    Accuracy- 60
    Speed- 8 [when melee, 6]

Falconet -Cheapest and most portable Cannon, although it lacks size or much power. Very cheap for a cannon, moveable by horse. quick to moderate build time, can be forced to melee.

Cost- 450
    Health- 30
    Melee-20
    Range- 75
    Accuracy- 60
    Speed- 9 [when melee, 6]

Bombard -Huge cannon used to destroy fortresses. Immobile due to weight. Expensive, long build time. Can be forced to melee.

Cost- 550
    Health- 50
    Melee-20
    Range- 150
    Accuracy- 75

Last edited by Rí na Fews; April 22, 2011 at 03:43 AM.

Have you changed the names of the monarchs/Presidents/Ministers?

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I can, in the localisation files but I haven't yet.

I will have pictures uploaded and the list finished for cavalry etc tomoro.
    [/spoiler]
    Don't forget the plate armoured knights.

Plate armoured knight were falling out of usage by the early 17th Century, but I added in a heavily armoured rider, and I hope the demi lancer can fill the roll of the plate armoured knight, as cavalry replaced knighthood by this period.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just wondering, guys, when are you planning a release?
    [Col] RO Citizen

Plate armoured knight were falling out of usage by the early 17th Century, but I added in a heavily armoured rider, and I hope the demi lancer can fill the roll of the plate armoured knight, as cavalry replaced knighthood by this period.
    the plate armoured knights disappear in the first years of the 18 century. The plate armour was used by the infantry,the cavalry and the royal guards.
    In the battle of Rocroi,500 plate armoured knights fight on the french side. They were used as early cuirassier,armed with a pistol and a sword. using this kind of armour:http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Armour_full_body.jpg or this http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pa...Curassiers.PNG

Yes but these were early Cuirassiers, not Knights.

TBH there is no release date currently. I managed to get limited cooperation from a modeller, but we will need a proper team before anything. Nobody replied to Shugo's mod advert either....