Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The 1600's

Default Re: The 1600's

HI everyone!
    i pretty new to the site i just signed up today. I was playing on empire total war in the road to independence campaign and i thought of some mode that someone could create so thats why im talking to you,the mode is on the 1600s but in the anglo Powhatan war copy this link for information on the war so can you and any other people make this mode please!!!! coz i like that era and the conflict between indians and whites please. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Powhatan_Wars

Quote Originally Posted by trooper007 View Post
    HI everyone!
    i pretty new to the site i just signed up today. I was playing on empire total war in the road to independence campaign and i thought of some mode that someone could create so thats why im talking to you,the mode is on the 1600s but in the anglo Powhatan war copy this link for information on the war so can you and any other people make this mode please!!!! coz i like that era and the conflict between indians and whites please. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Powhatan_Wars

Icon10 Re: The 1600's

hello i am new and i want a mode on the Anglo powhatan war because i know you guys can do it! I really like that era and the indians agaainst whites so can anyone make it? please plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello i am new and i want a mode on the Anglo powhatan war because i know you guys can do it! I really like that era and the indians agaainst whites so can anyone make it? please plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ill try bud, but im only modder in the mod and ill try cant make promises

ok at least you try.

oh and i was just testing the reply button and it cmae three times

and if you can youll have to change the time in the campaign so it has that feeling when they play it. But remember there are other tribes and other european nation. so good luck if you are going to do it and trust me it will be succesful

hi Shugo560
    I was wondering if your mode works on empire total factions coz id love to play as new spain,thirteen colonies and many more factions coz if you cant play it with empire total factions can you try and make something for it?

hi Shugo560
    I was wondering if your mode works on empire total factions coz id love to play as new spain,thirteen colonies and many more factions coz if you cant play it with empire total factions can you try and make something for it?
    no it doesnt it has it own Startpos made by Shokh (very good and addicting campaign in my opinion) He made the borders as realistic as possible from my instruction since in america we have limited knowledge of the 1600's and the tactics so i tried and give him enough information

ok if i put the startpos in total faction would it work?
    oh and what about that mode i mentioned that i made up ?
    not begging you to do it its just id like to know the updates and i got you some help

i got the TAR[The americann revolution] and husserl

hello Shugo
    i am just going to ask a tinie winnie request of you. Well do you know in the campaign in the year box it says 1700 you need to change that to 1600,1607[coz that was when the british came to america] or 1609 any one of them would be FANTASTIC THAT I WOULD CRY in a happy way. I am only asking a little favour for you to do that, and please send me the new link when it is done plz plz do it plz. Also when you have started on it. Ok so that is all i ask of you and i assure you that the campaign would be better! oh and if you want to because this is in the 1600s you could change the tribe names and because the iroqouis own nearly all the settlements including penslyvannia albany and others they look like they have just been conquerd and it wasnt because they were the first ones to own the cities and make them look like tribe villages not like european cities oh and change the names of the sttlements that are owned by tribes plz and the tribe names according to historically correct ill look for the history and you make it plzplzplz im begging you the mode would be so much better

thankyou plz do it plz

lollololo
    watch this video its funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XolZ4...eature=related

Thankyou for your time

hello Shugo
    i am just going to ask a tinie winnie request of you. Well do you know in the campaign in the year box it says 1700 you need to change that to 1600,1607[coz that was when the british came to america] or 1609 any one of them would be FANTASTIC THAT I WOULD CRY in a happy way. I am only asking a little favour for you to do that, and please send me the new link when it is done plz plz do it plz. Also when you have started on it. Ok so that is all i ask of you and i assure you that the campaign would be better! oh and if you want to because this is in the 1600s you could change the tribe names and because the iroqouis own nearly all the settlements including penslyvannia albany and others they look like they have just been conquerd and it wasnt because they were the first ones to own the cities and make them look like tribe villages not like european cities oh and change the names of the sttlements that are owned by tribes plz and the tribe names according to historically correct ill look for the history and you make it plzplzplz im begging you the mode would be so much better

thankyou plz do it plz

lollololo
    watch this video its funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XolZ4...eature=related

Thankyou for your time

i cant change it im not a modder for campaign id mess it up and currently this mod doesnt work with any other mod

Rí na Fews's Avatar Libertus

Trooper lay off, if you read his posts you can see that he can't mod the campaign currently.

Shugo you can mod the starting year but I have a few points of information. Ireland was free at the start of the 1600's and during the period around 1650s due to rebellion and civil war in england so, you need to address that, and also what happened the inuits and plains nations in America?

If you want I could start now making a rudementary campaign. If your getting into trouble with editing regions for factions you could try the hybrid startpos method, made alot of things a hell of a lot easier for me. One thing I would like to know, and I would assume it overwrites your current units?

Well I just want to wish you good luck and keep up the great work. Really a great time period to be working on and if I had any skills at this sort of stuff I would definitely be down to help as the work surely deserves some support. So please any modder out there with some free time lets make this great time period a solid reality.

Im making your map and nations list more historically accurate, firstly. I may have to overwrite old factions such as punjab and that for ones that existed in europe during the 1600s such as Rumania, Bohemia etc, But portugal belonged to spain until 1640 so meh.

Edit : on my research Ive noted Empire is using the wrong Moroccan flag for a dynasty that was gone 50 years by the game start point. They have another availible flag but wtf? another on the list of bugs.....
    Last edited by Rí na Fews; April 11, 2011 at 02:55 PM.

OK, I created a list of all the countries and for each theatre to Be accurate Each of these is for 1600, I ammended your maps but I have no websites to which I can upload images so if You could pm me your email I could send them to you for review

Spoiler for Europe

Ireland
    England
    Scotland
    Spain
    Ottomans
    Austria
    Bohemia
    Bavaria
    Saxony
    Wuttemberg
    Westphelia
    Hanover
    Persia
    Morocco
    Barbary States
    United Provinces
    Russia
    Papal States
    Sweden
    Denmark-Norway
    Poland-Lithuania
    Brandenburg-Prussia
    Crimea
    Georgia
    Dagestan
    Ruthenia
    Savoy
    Genoa
    Venice

Spoiler for America

Britian
    France
    Spain
    United Provinces
    Pueblo Nations
    Huron Confed
    Cherokee
    Iroquis Confed
    Plains Nations
    Inuit Nations [I think these last two should be merged as space for another faction]

Spoiler for India

Mughal
    Bijapur
    Spain
    Mysore
    United Provinces
    Persia
    Last edited by Rí na Fews; April 11, 2011 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rí na Fews View Post
    OK, I created a list of all the countries and for each theatre to Be accurate Each of these is for 1600, I ammended your maps but I have no websites to which I can upload images so if You could pm me your email I could send them to you for review

Spoiler for Europe

Ireland
    England
    Scotland
    Spain
    Ottomans
    Austria
    Bohemia
    Bavaria
    Saxony
    Wuttemberg
    Westphelia
    Hanover
    Persia
    Morocco
    Barbary States
    United Provinces
    Russia
    Papal States
    Sweden
    Denmark-Norway
    Poland-Lithuania
    Brandenburg-Prussia
    Crimea
    Georgia
    Dagestan
    Ruthenia
    Savoy
    Genoa
    Venice

Spoiler for America

Britian
    France
    Spain
    United Provinces
    Pueblo Nations
    Huron Confed
    Cherokee
    Iroquis Confed
    Plains Nations
    Inuit Nations [I think these last two should be merged as space for another faction]

Spoiler for India

Mughal
    Bijapur
    Spain
    Mysore
    United Provinces
    Persia
    i love these idea's buddy, how bout for europe we have milan, novgorod, and if possible have a small holy roman empire fragments

Milan [lombardy] belonged to spain, novograd to russia. And the german states are pretty much as they were. Ive researched all of this. Although prussia was nowhere nearly as powerful and poland lithunania was the best baltic power. For major nations I was thinkin,

England
    Mughals
    France
    Persia
    Ottomans
    Austria
    Poland Lith
    Spain
    Sweden
    Russia [maybe, it was a really crappy early 17th c nation but people will get pissed if it aint in it]

I was thinking of a list of units And here is what I got for the base units :

Spoiler for Units and Factionals for Europe

Major western europe- Halberlders [Good pikemen like infantry, great melee attack], Musketeers[ good shot, but small numbers], Armoured Riders [basically a knight], Dragoons [basically a musketeer on a horse], Hussar[as you know light cavarly], Cuirassier[heavy cavalry]

All European nations- Armed Citizenry [basically bad swordsmen], Pikemen[worse than halberders but ok], Arquebusers[predecessor of musket still in wide use, if you would imagine worse musketeer] Harquebusier[meduim armoured lancer],
    Sakers, Demi-Cannons. Demi Lancers[Basically better armoured but a heavy Harquebusier, but much slower, going out of date]

France- Kings Musketeer [mounted rifle unit, not dragoon but excellent shot]

Ruthenia/Crimea/Georgia- Hetman [Their General's bodyguard], Sich Cossack [Very very fast but weak light infantry], Register Cossack[Similar but slower and better equiped than sich] Serdiuk [Really good shot, but cant melee]

Russia-Spearman [much better than any other pike unit], Strelets [quickfire many men but weak health], Vityaz [basically a russian knight/armoured rider], Don Cossack [like register but slower again, more akin to Vityaz]

Austria-Roundshielders [Excellent melee combatants, but bad against cavalry], Croat Riders [like a sich cossack but better attack and health], Austrian Jäger [good musketeer, longer to make, best attack, accuracy]

Poland-lith- Winged Hussar [Best cavalry, Fastest, High attack, terrify enemy], Light Rider[ good health for light cavalry], Baltic Pikeman [more health, less attack than regular] Baltic Musketeer [Best health]

Saxony- Cavalry Guard [Cheaper knight]

Spain- Rodeleros [alright swordsmen with big shields] Conquistadors [only armoured shooters,low routing, cannot melee]

Dutch- Dutch Arquebuser[Fast producing quick moving Arquebuser]

England-

Sweden- Knekt [basically a cheaper knight]

Spoiler for North Africa

All Nations- Armed Mob[Citizenry], Mamluks [Heavy armoured, pretty good all round cavarly, Can use Rifles or Sabres], Bashi-Bazouk [badly organised irregulars]

Ottomans- Tatar [ Mounted Archers], Azap [Lightinfantry men, using mix of sabres bows, support other units], Janissaries [ hard standing riflemen, standard health, long range, standard aim, bad melee], Zeibeks [irregulars, little armour, fast, sabres, maces etc] Sipahi [ottoman elite heavy cavalry],

Spoiler for Native American

Im advocating basically the same as they are in the vanilla game, maybe make native musketeers and artillery units much more expensive.

not finished.........
    Last edited by Rí na Fews; April 14, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
    There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

A Rabbi, a Priest and a Minister walk into a bar. The barman says "what is this, some kind of joke"

Quote Originally Posted by Rí na Fews View Post
    Milan [lombardy] belonged to spain, novograd to russia. And the german states are pretty much as they were. Ive researched all of this. Although prussia was nowhere nearly as powerful and poland lithunania was the best baltic power. For major nations I was thinkin,

England
    Mughals
    France
    Persia
    Ottomans
    Austria
    Poland Lith
    Spain
    Sweden
    Russia [maybe, it was a really crappy early 17th c nation but people will get pissed if it aint in it]

I was thinking of a list of units And here is what I got for the base units :

Spoiler for the Major Western European Powers

Halberlders [Good pikemen like infantry, great melee attack]
    Musketeers[ good shot, but small numbers]
    Armoured Riders [basically a knight]
    Dragoons [basically a musketeer on a horse]
    Hussar
    Cuirassier
    Sakers
    Demi-Cannons

Spoiler for factionals

France-Fusileers [Better musketeers], Kings Musketeer [mounted rifle unit, not dragoon but excellent shot]

Ruthenia/Crimea/Georgia- Hetman [Their General's bodyguard], Sich Cossack [Very very fast but weak light infantry], Register Cossack[Similar but slower and better equiped than sich] Serduk [Really good shot, but cant melee]

Russia-Spearman [much better than any other pike unit], Strelets [quickfire many men but weak health], Vityaz [basically a russian knight/armoured rider], Don Cossack [like register but slower again, more akin to Vityaz]

Austria-Roundshielders [Excellent melee combatants, but bad against cavalry], Croat Riders [like a sich cossack but better attack and health], Austrian Musketeer [good musketeer, longer to make, best attack, accuracy]

Poland-lith- Winged Hussar [Best cavalry, Fastest, High attack, terrify enemy], Light Rider[ Cheaper, but worse knight], Baltic Pikeman [more health, less attack than regular] Baltic Musketeer [Best health]

Saxony- Cavalry Guard [Cheaper knight]

Spain- Rodeleros [alright swordsmen with big shields]

Any non major power european nation - Pikemen[worse than halberders but ok],

All European nations- Armed Citizenry [basically bad swordsmen]

not finished.........
    well the expert musketeers are the royal musketeers for some faction , but other than that your ideas are really great so far