Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: The 1600's

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: The 1600's

Quote Originally Posted by Kensai56 View Post
    Hey, i love the fact that this time periods actually being done.(where CA should have started it IMO) Does anyone have the startpos file? Also theres scottish highland units that would work beautifully with this time period as mercenaries or if we can put scotland as the independent nation which they were at this time. Keep up the great work!
    I think the mod uses the vanilla startpos, at least to my knowledge.

Laetus

Britian wasnt a country in the 1600s.

This looks pretty good. Been a while since I was in these parts.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by buckie33 View Post
    Britian wasnt a country in the 1600s.
    In my mini-version I have corrected the names and flags (Battle-flags at least) of the nations. So Britain is the Kingdom of England, Austria is now the Holy Roman Empire and such. I have changed the existing units and made a few of my own. Most factions that existed during the 30's year war are select-able in the custom battle menu.

Here are some of the European units (Russian and Ottoman units are not made yet!):

The poor-man's skirmisher cavalry.

Nice horsies.

Fine soldiers, skilled in both ranged and melee.

The best melee troops.

Middle-tier ranged footmen.

Sniper unit. WIP

Numerous but low morale pikemen.

middle-tier pikes.

low-tier muskets

Skirmisher cavalry that can ride the enemy down once they're out of ammo.

That's my preview, here are the files with instructions included: http://puu.sh/C1SU

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep in mind that this is only for custom battles and that it is not 100% done!

is there any work being done for the campaign or is this as is?

is there a faction level? because if yeah how on earth are you going to handle the sovereigens of europe at that time? Kingdom of Bohemia? Kingdom of Hungary? Kingdom of Burgund? principality of lothringen? Wallachia? Transilvania? Moldavia?, even brandenburg didnt have prussia at the time. i dont even want to know how many nations existed in india in 1600.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastood View Post
    is there a faction level? because if yeah how on earth are you going to handle the sovereigens of europe at that time? Kingdom of Bohemia? Kingdom of Hungary? Kingdom of Burgund? principality of lothringen? Wallachia? Transilvania? Moldavia?, even brandenburg didnt have prussia at the time. i dont even want to know how many nations existed in india in 1600.
    I am at a complete loss why you think India was divided in the 17th century??? The 17th century was when the Mughal Empire was at its greatest height. It had one of India's (not just the Dynasty's) greatest leader; Akbar the Great. While his leadership actually began in the 16th century, his legacy would fuel the empire for most of the 17th century. It wasn't until the latter half of the 17th century that Mughal power started to wane as the Maratha's would rise quickly at the end of the 17th & early 18th century.

Typically, India could be politically divided along geographic lines. The Northern part of India encompasses both the Indus and Ganges rivers. They would also control the the mountain passes to central Asia and would have trade contact with other cultures via access to the Silk Road (which is actually a network of roads, not one road). The Southern part, would generally be independent and involved various factions rising and falling throughout its history. Its wealth was tied to the Indian Ocean Trade route. In antiquity, its military reach would influence and control some regions in Southeast Asia, specially modern- day Indonesia and Malaysia. It was the Indian Ocean trade that would allow India to become the "Middle man" of trade and allow to accumulate enormous wealth.

My apologies if this hijacks the thread.... I felt the need to educate terse statements.

-----

Polish Winged Hussars under Britain flag? Someone has a very nice sense of humor.
    Last edited by Argonius; October 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM.

=Prince Nuada='s Avatar Semisalis

Hi! A few things:
    1) Nice looking mod.
    2) Are the Netherlands catholic?
    3) Are Spain and the Netherlands somehow tied to Austria (as close allies or protectorates) to represent Hapsburg rule?
    4) Is Scotland fractious (ie: rebellious)?
    5) Are there crossbows?
    Cheers!

РОССИЯ | PREUßEN | ÖSTERREICH

Foederatus

Is v2 still being worked on or is it dead

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112