Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The 1600's

Default The 1600's

I have made no awesome looking title picture lol , but i can say if you have ever seen the BETA topic in the Unit Packs Thread i decided to make the mod a Battle mod and "The 1600's 1.5" is out, so please try it out tell me how it is

This mod is about the 100 years that are overlooked alot but was the gateway to the modern-era, it was the decline of the knights and the rise of gunpowder, this mod has the strategy of medieval times and the 18th century

Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Generals Guard
    Knights
    Company Cavalry
    Militia Cavalry
    Dualers
    English Mercanaries
    Sakers
    Regiment of Horse
    Spear Men
    Landskenect
    Armored Swordsmen
    Company Infantry
    Militia

KNOW YOUR TROOPS, WARNING: this isnt the 1700's not many guns but alot of Melee weapons use them wisely

Melee Infantry: I really wanted to put alot of diffrent Melee Units in the Mod since the 1600's still had soldiers using Melee weapons, So in a battle you want to take Melee units in consideration(i tried a huge battle half melee half gunpowder, Melee really makes a diffrence in it)
    like one Melee units i like is the Spear Men

GunPowder units:There arent many Gunpwder units, they shoot in 1 line and have kindve ok or good accuracy, Guns are still the growing factor of the 1600's and will be efffective since it is a gun
    one of the gunpowder weapons i found out about through research was a Lever action type weapon where you screw and unscrew the lever and dump a ball and gunpowder down the hole, that unit i called Sharpshooters they hav increased reload speed but okay accuracy

Elite Units: i added a few elite units that wasnt in my 2 BETA versions, for Spain i added the Royal Musketteers which have great accuracy and morale etc...., my favorite unit was inspired by the Frech Musketters the ones who guarded the king, they have the best accuracy, morale, attack so to any french players you got the best unit (no i didnt purposley give them the best unit i plan better units)

1.5 is out here's the download link to me the modmanager worked this time not sure bout you guys
    never mind its not done

new in 1.5:
    *Thanks to Shokh the mod has a campaign, please rep this man he deserves it
    *Musketeers for each faction have correct names
    Example:
    Musketeers France= Fusiliers
    Musketeers Poland= Muszkieterowie
    Musketeers Prussia= Musketiere
    *now almost all factions have Royal Musketeers

Standard install & launch

Install Instructions:

Unzip the file and then place this data folder into your "empire total war" folder. The system will ask you if you want integrate this data folder in the existing one - chose yes.

After that there should be an 1600 folder in your "empire total war\data" and another one in your "empire total war\data\campaigns"

At least go into "empire total war\data\1600". There you will find the 1600.bat .
    Create an shortcut on your desktop, leading to this 1600.bat

Launch instructions

Doubleclick your shortcut and a CMD Window will appear, after that it will launch ETW with all needed packfiles and an self created user.empire_script.
    When you finished playing first close ETW then select again this CMD Window and press an random button to close it.
    This will set back your ETW to vanilla.

Alternative install & launch
    If your Empire is not on C:\ or on a partition of this hdd you will need to start this mod by hand / modmanager.
    Copy the three packfiles from your data/1600 folder into your data folder
    and then launch the game with modmanager, chose 1600.pack & 1600s.pack in modmanager. The 1600txt.pack will launch by its own.
    So if you wanna play other mods, take care that this file is not then in your data folder anymore.

Download:
    sorry only got modmanager version

Mod Team:

Head/founder/anything i learn:
    Shugo560

Startpos:
    Rí na Fews

modeler:
    need one, if you can help please do

text editor:
    Shogu560(yes i do know how to change texts alot though)

Historical Resources:
    demostene

special thanks:
    to Shokh for helping make the campaign and made the new installer
    Last edited by Shugo560; February 11, 2012 at 01:52 AM.

Default Re: The 1600's

did you edit the startpositions in the campaign, so britain doesnt have all colonies etc. ?
    Leader of Colonialism Total War
    Thread with first Preview
    First Youtube Trailer

um..... not sure , i just followed the tuturials from HusserlTW how to change region ownerships, and thats all i did and it crashed

Great stuff!
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

ok trying to find out wat went wrong with the starpos i think it was either 3 things
    1. changing the garrison of the building to a diffrent faction
    2. making the italian states and portugal major nations
    3. or making them playable

My melee units have guns in-battle. Don't understand why, but I'm looking into it.

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julius Caeser

o yes shouldve said this some mercanaries have guns and swords i wanted to balance and give a few more guns into mod, can you say specifically what unit it is

All infantry the pikemen.
    And also some of the skins which you've changed aren't working for me, i.e. musketeers have the empire line infantry skin. Also spearmen have light infantry skin.
    Last edited by British Grenadier Ofc.; January 09, 2011 at 08:37 PM.

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julius Caeser

hmmm..... well installation doesnt have a installer im going to put that in 2.0 if i find out, all installation at the moment is extract files into Data folder and use mod manager to activate it, and uninstallation is deleting the files then deleting user.script,

Installation: Extract files to Data folder, then activate with mod manager

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    If you want i will make you a campaign.
    really? that would be great my internet is out on the pc that i play empire on (this one is for the family) and we cant figure out whats wrong with it, so i cant get on empire, if you could make a campaign that would be perfect, that would take the major part of the 3 options needed for 1.5 or 2.0 cant decide,
    options im going for the next version is basically
    1. Campaign
    2. get more models ingame(just using vanilla models at the moment
    3. get the vanilla units that arent needed out of mod

Okay, i will do. But i don´t have any time to do research atm, while i´m working on 2 other projects too. So please download the attached files. This are maps from the three theaters.
    Set factions with colors and make please a legend.
    Fill in each region the color of the factions which owns it.

And i will make you a campaign from this template.

will do, thank you very much, also i know your busy you workin on Blue and the Grey and Indian Mutiny

shok here's the map u wanted Europe needed alot more countries than what you gave me on the Blue and the grey map, anyways

Okay Europe is mostly vanilla starting countries and positions im pretty sure you know which are which, but Crimean Kanate and ottomans have more regions, Austria and poland have less regions ( i forgot to give Wurttemburg Alsace-Loraine though lol)

finally!!! my internet is back i can finally log into steam , and start removing and work even more to 1.5

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

You should reskin the models to get regimental uniforms.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

zxcvmnb's Avatar Semisalis

Please make this mod work, it sounds like a wonderful idea and could really become something great. I wish I could help but my modding skills are rather limited.
    Nonetheless, I do have one question, do you plan on, in later versions of course, changing the tech tree to fir the 1600's?

TGW Mod Official Unit Cutter-Outer

yes i do i tried changing it for 1.0 but didnt work out that way

also what you mean it doesnt work??? you unpack it into data folder and use modmanager to activate the file

ok i see what you guys mean when you open mod manager says there's an error, not sure how to fix this, it worked just fine when it was just uploaded

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast