View Poll Results: Whats your opinion on the delay of Update 4.5?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • The mod team tries their best and makes a great mod, so we should forgive them.

16 7.73%
  • The mod team works very hard and spends free-time on TGW, so we should forgive them.

11 5.31%
  • The mod team is devilishly handsome, so we should forgive them.

114 55.07%
  • All of the above.

66 31.88%
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: TGW Update 4.5 Release Discussion

Default TGW Update 4.5 Release Discussion

To any TGW follower,

The long awaited update 4.5, delayed mainly due to issues with the startpos, will be released sometime tomorow, Saturday the 11th. This is one day later than planned because once the team agreed upon the course of action, Mitch had to leave before he had the chance to upload the startpos. The pack itself is finalized, thrououghly tested, and ready, though there may be an interesting addition tommorow by Josst (The Hedge Knight).

The startpos will be released with 4.5 but in a much more basic form, including faction region changes, bug fixes, and hopefully some scripts to improve alliance cohesion in the ai and a more powerful germany. While this is definitely short of startpos v2, Mitch has decided to create a brand new startpos from scratch, bypassing many of the problems inherent in this one, hopefully released either before or in the update 5.0.

For more information on whats included, look at the Previews and Updates Thread. I felt that due to the long delays and confusion this warranted its own thread, at least for the time being.

Thank you for your patience
    -The Great War Team

EDIT: Released
    Last edited by King Sama; December 11, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

nlovertoom's Avatar Miles

Default Re: The Great War Update 4.5

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know you guys are doing all you can...

DANG IT!!!
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    To any TGW follower,

The long awaited update 4.5, delayed mainly due to issues with the startpos, will be released sometime tomorow, Saturday the 11th. This is one day later than planned because once the team agreed upon the course of action, Mitch had to leave before he had the chance to upload the startpos. The pack itself is finalized, thrououghly tested, and ready, though there may be an interesting addition tommorow by Josst (The Hedge Knight).

The startpos will be released with 4.5 but in a much more basic form, including faction region changes, bug fixes, and hopefully some scripts to improve alliance cohesion in the ai and a more powerful germany. While this is definitely short of startpos v2, Mitch has decided to create a brand new startpos from scratch, bypassing many of the problems inherent in this one, hopefully released either before or in the update 5.0.

For more information on whats included, look at the Previews and Updates Thread. I felt that due to the long delays and confusion this warranted its own thread, at least for the time being.

Thank you for your patience
    -The Great War Team
    Its all good mate, whats another day, well ill try again tomorrow, thx again for every one who worked on this mod for there hard work, time and effort to bring every one a great mod, good nite all.
    There is no enemy, there is no victory, Only boys who lost their lives. ANZAC pride .

It would have been done today, but Mitch is the only one with the startpos and he lives in a different time zone

Thanks Casper, we appreciate it
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

lilbrit73's Avatar Libertus

Icon10 Re: The Great War Update 4.5

No problem, and btw are the tanks scrapped? and I
    I'de like to thank the entire TGW for the fabulous work they do!

Quote Originally Posted by lilbrit73 View Post
    No problem, and btw are the tanks scrapped? and I
    I'de like to thank the entire TGW for the fabulous work they do!
    Thank you again, and no, tanks were never planned for 4.5. If we're lucky they might make it in for 5.0.

No no no no!!!!
    Joking, this means more time to i do the research about Brazil, in the sub-mod that perhaps i will create.Perhaps.
    It's all just a game!

It's amazing how u can take it and make a startpos from scratch, the TGW creatours are the gods of NTW modding! and btw could i help beta test the next one?

One small question : If i do more research, i mean, search other factions uniforms to a future new unit, write others factions help in the war, can i *cough*be add in the Contributors part in the mod?*cough*

If not, i will not take insult.
    Just a question
    Love this mod.
    It's all just a game!

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

It's amazing how u can take it and make a startpos from scratch, the TGW creatours are the gods of NTW modding! and btw could i help beta test the next one?
    simple answer: no. Reasons: we already have 5 beta testers, and that's more then enough. Also we generally only let old fans become beta testers.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDinho View Post
    One small question : If i do more research, i mean, search other factions uniforms to a future new unit, write others factions help in the war, can i *cough*be add in the Contributors part in the mod?*cough*

If not, i will not take insult.
    Just a question
    Love this mod.
    Probably not. Though if you do a lot of modding the team really likes, then possibly.

BTW: everyone vote option 3.
    Last edited by crossjon; December 10, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

Oh OK i've only been here since 4.2 lol

Oh OK i've only been here since 4.2 lol
    Just be a pest around the mod for 6 months or so and you'll get beta tester.
    At least that's what I did.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Argh beta testers...

Really they are just guys who like to insult your hard work by finding holes in it...

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    Argh beta testers...

Really they are just guys who like to insult your hard work by finding holes in it...
    Yeah, got to love it

*wonders why he is still up at this time and wanders back off to bed*
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    Argh beta testers...

Really they are just guys who like to insult your hard work by finding holes in it save the mod...
    fixed.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Any chance we get to see a fixed France in it?

I won't be leaving the mod anytime soon anyways.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Director

Fixed France, meaning not uber agressive? Wont break alliance with Britian immediatley? Yes AFAIK

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

thats fine,believe me been waiting for blue and gray to be released since august,and waited almost a year for stainless steel 6.3 ,another day wont hurt,beside me and my wife have a christmas party to goto,check back later

I'm just spreading the word about the release tommorow,goodnight all fellow insomaniacs.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast