Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Akthross Total War

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Akthross Total War

Bravo for your mod, very playable indeed.
    Something needs to be done for Shodan when they turn evil (some free undeads ?). As of now, they're elf food....
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Nice mod! I really enjoy playing it.
    Very well balanced, but would be nice to have some new strat models,music,pics just to bring atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Humakty View Post
    Bravo for your mod, very playable indeed.
    Something needs to be done for Shodan when they turn evil (some free undeads ?). As of now, they're elf food....
    That's already in the process of being addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    Nice mod! I really enjoy playing it.
    Very well balanced, but would be nice to have some new strat models,music,pics just to bring atmosphere.
    Lol, there more than 40 non vanilla strat model's in the mod so far, but rest assured I'm making improvements as and when I can .

Shadowlair's Avatar Civis

Must say, as a long time lurker exposed i love this mod, though still on it's way to greatness, it rivels many of my personal favourites already, and i hope *and know* you will do great things with this, and i like its 'small' scale map also, well it has enough regions and all, but compared its small, and i love it, go Akthross!

All hail dragonborn total war!!

Congrats on the first post, glad you like the work so far.

yeah, been playing some for a time now, like the factions and all, although the northern factions seem to get steamrolled withouth any force to defend them properly, blue is wiped out in 3 turns, one turn for each place they got :p currently trying to help those malts *or w/e* against the orcs, who rolled em towards 2 places, with tiny armies, against even tinyer armies, actually pretty entertaining, but also annoying being one of the 'good' ones :p

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Looks very interesting mate. I'll downloading it now. Wanna try the evil faction right away. +rep .

Come to the dark side, we have..Cookies!!

Good for you, it will be nice to hear how the evil ones fare in the hands of a player.

got to give a give hands up for those bronce circle guys, never seen a unit id love more to have a full stack of, and i luv the animation, never seen a mage shoot with his staff before, they mostly use a javilin throw animation, so lovely done

Thanks Shadowlair, I thought I'd make an effort and do the anims especially for those guys. There are also a few other units with there own custom anims in the mod and hopefully there will be more still, at least one for the next release.

nice to hear, cant wait ofcourse but is their a way to get those circle sorcerer bodyguards, maybe as a unique scripted general, like: ''the bronze circle sends some of its best to aid thee my lord, use them to vanquish your enemy into a fine, smouldering pulp'' and maybe something similair for an iron fist legionairy general, or is that already in and i didnt notice it :p next to them spawning a few armies, wich suddenly dissapeared into nowhere and cant locate em, maybe slamming orcs somewhere in a random cave or so :p

Nothing short of bribery will get you those guys because they are generals units. Besides the wizards are more than enough.

i know, had this funny thing, 2000 or so one god cult guys besieged my capital *as degos* wich had 5 groups of bronce circle wizards *had a mission and got 3 of em, win* and my emporer, i put em on the wall, and well lets say it was a 5 min battle in wich i had no losses, i love those guys!

Ok, well their power will have to be scaled down a little.

Very nice mod, funny to play, love the smaller sized map. Makes things seem more easily manageable, but not too small.

Is the mod made for huge size setting? What are the changes in balance if you go with smaller unit size?

why scale their power down, i like em good enough so :o, a real edge against the endless! swarming of the TTD im facing

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

I would like to give suggestion. Make a suggestion thread. That way players can tell you of bugs and similar.

If the Troll faction besieges you they'll build some siege engines and then attack in siege. They don't have any units capable of using siege equipment so the battle starts and ends immediately in a win for the defender.

Quote Originally Posted by backstrom View Post
    Very nice mod, funny to play, love the smaller sized map. Makes things seem more easily manageable, but not too small.

Is the mod made for huge size setting? What are the changes in balance if you go with smaller unit size?
    Yes the mod was made for huge unit size, the game should balance itself with smaller unit sizes, much the same as vanilla did...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlair View Post
    why scale their power down, i like em good enough so :o, a real edge against the endless! swarming of the TTD im facing
    They just need some fine balancing adjustments. If 5 units can destroy a full stack of 2000 men and take no losses they're a little too good.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    I would like to give suggestion. Make a suggestion thread. That way players can tell you of bugs and similar.
    If there is a real bug, players are free to post in a new thread.
    Last edited by Eothese; April 06, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

they were on a castle wall :p but yes, maybe their a bit to OP not that they havent served me well, have every army that i send out atleast have 3 of the buggers, still the 'good' nations are getting their asses overrun like hel, awesome mod still