Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Akthross Total War

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Akthross Total War

i used Degos, and the guys that use the french banner (forgot their name, gaaaaaah)

Np, I think I just removed the music folder along with the other unpacked sounds before creating the installer. Found one or two other things as well so I am uploading a multifix right now. Added the link to the OP.
    Last edited by Eothese; December 11, 2010 at 12:57 PM.

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

Making a mod based on one's own (published) book, that is quite the killer. Downloading and congratulations!

played some custom battles and i plan to start a campaign as Tarn or Ethan, got to love those Centaurs and the Chariots! (and the "god" Eothese) this is a great beta and i cant wait to see the full version.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Simply outstanding Eothese. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by molls View Post
    Making a mod based on one's own (published) book, that is quite the killer. Downloading and congratulations!
    Yeah, I tried to resist but it was futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    played some custom battles and i plan to start a campaign as Tarn or Ethan, got to love those Centaurs and the Chariots! (and the "god" Eothese) this is a great beta and i cant wait to see the full version.
    Centaurs are a little 'ropey', but they're functional. The chariots I'm happy with though, and I made the Elves an unlockable faction along with Dwarves and Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Simply outstanding Eothese. +rep
    Thank you, The Holy Pilgrim +rep back

Eothese.

Greetings.
    Tell you be able to insert new animation in mod. If yes what animation you used that in yours to a mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    Centaurs are a little 'ropey', but they're functional. The chariots I'm happy with though, and I made the Elves an unlockable faction along with Dwarves and Orcs.

i see...

Edit: i unlocked them to see how they were, and all of them are quite cool. (except for the Aztec and Portuguese names that is)
    Last edited by Yuko; December 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM.

Yeah, names are a bit of a sticking point. I guess its just a case of getting stuck into the text files, my least favorite job.

Quote Originally Posted by morozz View Post
    Eothese.

Greetings.
    Tell you be able to insert new animation in mod. If yes what animation you used that in yours to a mod?
    Not really sure what you mean by this...

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

I think that he asking about animations.Did you do some new animations for your units??

Well, I clearly stated in the OP that the mod contains new anims...

Citizen

It would seem so. The three that stick out the most to me are the Chariots, the Centaurs, and the Boulder Throwers.

Edit: Eothese was a tad bit quicker

There is no need to read about new animations screenshots are for a reason.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Eothese

You are interested an exchange of animation?
    It is necessary for mod COW.
    I can give as an exchange animation for the Samurai.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

awesome!

apart from the names and general pictures for some factions, i cant find any flaws with the mod, it is balanced, fun, and it has some awesome units!

oh, and i took a little while to remember where the name Shodan came from, you magnificent bastard.
    Last edited by Yuko; December 12, 2010 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morozz View Post
    Eothese

You are interested an exchange of animation?
    It is necessary for mod COW.
    I can give as an exchange animation for the Samurai.
    I advise you people to have such talks or contacts via private messaging as it has nothing to do with this mod and is off-topic.

+ Rep.

Because I've done a lot. Alone. That's praises. Very praises.
    In addition, another fantasy mod ... (TATW, CoW, there) which makes me happy. I have time and opportunities to all this I'll look up.
    These skeletons in the pretty armor - from which the nation is? Generally, though you could in a few words to describe the nations (especially Twice Damned)? And you know maybe some parties (except the books) that would describe this world?

And the fundamental question - there are vampires?
    Last edited by Martin von Carstein; December 13, 2010 at 04:23 AM.

Citizen

The Shodan have "those skeletons in the pretty armor."

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    apart from the names and general pictures for some factions, i cant find any flaws with the mod, it is balanced, fun, and it has some awesome units!

oh, and i took a little while to remember where the name Shodan came from, you magnificent bastard.
    Thank you for the praise. All the names etc. are purely my own creation and primarily used in the book, any similarities are coincidental. I actually first put pen to paper sometime in the mid nineties, so long ago I can't actually remember the year.

I know to a greater extent what I've not changed to date, the main point of releasing the mod as a 'beta' is to gather feedback on campaign playability and difficulty. Sadly I don't get the time to play campaigns through properly ie. fighting all the battles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    + Rep.

Because I've done a lot. Alone. That's praises. Very praises.
    In addition, another fantasy mod ... (TATW, CoW, there) which makes me happy. I have time and opportunities to all this I'll look up.
    These skeletons in the pretty armor - from which the nation is? Generally, though you could in a few words to describe the nations (especially Twice Damned)? And you know maybe some parties (except the books) that would describe this world?

And the fundamental question - there are vampires?
    First, no vampires they're not a feature of the Akthross world in any way.

I've added some basic campaign descriptions that are included in the music pack. I will also probably add an event at the games start to provide further background and information for the player. More information will also be added via building descriptions such as the temples etc. At present they only source of information about Akthross is the book and now the mod, as well as what I write here of course.

When the mod is finished to my satisfaction I'll provide more details at the time of full release. I prefer not to spoil things for people who like to discover things for themselves. Hence the limited number of screen shots, there are lot more new things that I've not shown.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast