Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Akthross Total War

Default Re: Akthross Total War

Yeah, to be honest some of the things I've taken on for this are just too big so I'm having a break. A good long one, but who knows what will happen in the future, I still have plans for the mod, just not much will to implement them at the moment.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

How likely was it in Akthross lore for the human kingdoms to wage wars with each other?
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Throughout the history of Akthross, several Human Kingdoms have been at war with each other, mostly in the north, but only when contact had been lost with the Twice Damned. Indeed Degos and Hetos were formed as part of a treaty drawn up by the Ethanians to stop a war between Parstan and Valan. Both of the latter lost land in order to create the former...
    I could go on, but without proper construction and reference it would seem like rambling.

In short, during the timeline in which the mod is set, war between Human Kingdoms would be very unlikely.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Hmmm, this creates certain issues, I do not want to go against lore and conquer other humans but some factions have only that option. The Twice Damned quiickly jump up to a super faction and without conquering some settlements it seems like an impossible struggle to hold them off. In the lore the humans would have joined together to combat such a threat but that is not possible here where most of them do nothing until they themselves are attacked by the Twice Damne and thus each kingdom falls under a wave of enemies without reinforcements.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Well if you look at like any other M2 mod then yes your observations are correct. But if you try and play the way your insticts tell you too, you might be surprised. Prepare for some spoliers if you need further convincing...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

All the 'good' factions start off allied to one another and unlike the vanilla game and because of the way I've re-written the campaign AI, if you move troops into your allies land your relationship with them will actually improve instead of deteriorate. Therefore as the player, you can move your army's from wherever your land is, into true enemy territory. Couple this with the 'crusade/jihad' function and you'll begin to see how the game can be won without betraying morale principle.

Now as a player controlling one of the good factions, there should always be a target within the south lands, Rebels and Cultists at the least. Once these have been dealt with the campaign should have developed to a stage where some factions are in need of help and others have abondoned both the alliance and their religion, and can be punished accordingly.

If as a player of one of the Human Kingdoms, you are 'Cast Out' of the alliance (equivalent of excommunication) then you are on your own for good and will become a hot target for all the remaining allies as well as the original evil factions, in such a case I bid you good luck.

Much of this would become obvious after a campaign or two, and one thing I personally dislike is being 'told how' to play something, therefore I leave the decisions to those who want to play things their own way.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

how is your book selling going? good i hope

Sale's figures have remained at a fairly constant level since publication. There have not been many sales in the US if you wanna lend a hand.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

I will be ordering a copy tomorrow, at payday. Since I now moved to Mexico The cost of living is 60% cheaper but I work in US so I get paid more. I will have money for it and other toys I been waitig for

Sounds like a great deal all round.

Aztec-Man's Avatar Laetus

i notice in some picture there was was a crusader unit and one scotish unit. do you also have Aztec units in this mod?

if not, how can i move them over to your game?
    Last edited by Eothese; July 14, 2012 at 03:52 AM.

I think you seriously need to install and play the mod, even if its only in custom battle mode, before you ask questions like that.

Aztec-Man's Avatar Laetus

sorry, perhaps you are right. thanks you any ways

i thought my shotan warriors will be that ones who brings fear on battlefield,but then i bought one unit of wizards and it looks like i dont even need them anymore .I put 27 of them on a hill in battle against 3 armies of Twice Dammed and they massacred over thousand of them,few stacks of Ogres included.So i put 90 wizards to one army and then i cleared half of northern part of world...I saw many things but this force is simple too much for me .Well,i think this is really good mod,amazing work and all, but not for me im affraid. And people are too much religious for me too in your world.I need to keep 1500 soldiers in 4000 pop. village because 30% of them are heretics?i dont think so...let them rebel, from time to time..to feel taste of freedom...and then i come back...with 800 soldiers...and finally show that peasants their place in a hard way.
    btw on 78 turn OneGodCult and Ethanians are dead,centaurs and trolls survivng with capital only Twice dammed with last 3 cities after two succesfull crusades,others looks fine and dwarfs are growing in force rapidly.Im planning to take all my troops to than nice-looking city on a small island in center,smash it to the ground and give all others fight which they will not forget.thanks for making it possible

Glad you've enjoyed your time, even if its not for you.

Hi have you got current download links, the ones at the top are dead thanks in advance!

The current download links are here, I shall amend the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    The current download links are here, I shall amend the first page.
    Brilliant thank you on the download now

Thanks for the links, I'll give this a download .

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Enjoying Akthross as usual.. But one question i have always had..one i imagine has been asked, but why can i not start a game as the centaur or orc factions? Seems i have many options to choose good kingdoms and only one option to be evil

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Enjoying Akthross as usual.. But one question i have always had..one i imagine has been asked, but why can i not start a game as the centaur or orc factions? Seems i have many options to choose good kingdoms and only one option to be evil
    Once you have completed a campaign as one of the base factions you can unlock the Orc Tribes, The Dwarves and The Elves. The Centaurs and The Trolls are a little to basic for use as a player, they have 3 and 1 unit types respectively and once building option, so there is not much to play really. If you want a challenge, play as The Shodan and take the forbidden magic, then you can be as evil as you like.