Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Akthross Total War

Default Akthross Total War

Introducing Akthross Total War for Kingdoms!

Akthross Total War is based in the same world as the book I had published in 2009, A Tale of Akthross: The Seeker and The Mage. For those of you who hadn't guessed, it is a fantasy setting.

Akthross Total War will allow you to play a classic game of Good v's Evil, or not so classic if you should decide to break with tradition.

Akthross is a land populated by Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Askan and Tulkan, the good factions. On the side of evil we have the Twice Damned, comprised of Ogres, Goblins and Hobgoblins, as well as Centaurs, Orcs and Trolls. To complicate things a little there is also the 'One God Cult' which has seen a bloody rise to prominence in recent times and has caused rebellion in many regions, weakening the power of the Human Kingdoms.

The basic aim of the campaign when played as an 'evil' faction is to capture the settlement known as 'Heavens Gate' which lies at the heart of the 'good' factions and is protected by 'The Warden of The Gate'.

The basic aim of the campaign when played as a 'good' faction is to drive back the invading hordes far enough to capture the settlements key to the Twice Damned power and to protect 'Heavens Gate' whilst doing so.
    There is an ancient pact in place, holding the Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Askan, and Tulkan as steadfast allies to all the Human Kingdoms. The Band of the Iron Fist and the Bronze Circle have also sworn to stand ready against the threat of a Twice Damned invasion.

The mod is nearly two years in development and features new models and anims, three custom settlements and a fully reworked campaign AI. There has been a reworking of the settlements and building tree's and of course there is a whole new map. There is still a great deal of vanilla and kingdoms content which I hope to replace as the mod progresses.

There is much more work yet to complete, such as more new models and anims, reskins, text such as building descriptions and artwork such as unit info pics, loading screens etc. As this is a one man mod, apart from as credited below, progress will be slow but the mod is already rich with new content and will be no walk through to complete, even for the seasoned TW player.

If you would be so kind as to post your campaign progress here, it will help me build up a better balanced and more challenging game. Please include details of the faction you used as well as which factions you are at war with and if possible, who started the war.
    Those of you who participate may receive a pm from me asking a few questions on your campaign observations that I don't necessarily want to give away here...

If anyone would like to contribute to the mod with things like missing unit info pics and other artwork, etc. I will likely accept any work of a suitable quality.

The mod is in 2 parts and is a modest 2 gig when installed.

Credits
    Thera team for use of Uruks, Samurai and Romans
    TATW team for use of Elves Dwarves and Trolls.
    COW team for use of Skeleton models.
    IVIark121 for teaching me the basics of modeling and general help along the way.
    Everyone who has helped me along in the mod workshop over the years,
    the likes of makanyane, Ishan, irishron, Taiji, gigantus and KnightErrant

Apologies to anyone who I've missed. PM me and I'll add your name to the list.

Newest Version now available.
    Please fully delete the beta version if you have it, before installing the new one.

Download links HERE for 1.1 version

Please don't ask permission to use elements of this mod in this thread. Any such requests should be via PM and are very unlikely to be granted whilst the mod is at the beta stage.

Now some random screen shots
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Ancestor Guard

Elven Nobles V's Shodan Elite

Elven Mage Lords

Ogre Boulder Throwers

Tulkan Warriors V's Goblin Mage's

Shodan Bodyguard

Hobgoblin Warriors

Parstan Heavy Lancers

Gnome Master

More to come, or check out my album on my profile page.

Custom Settlements
    Orc Village

Troll Caves
    Last edited by Eothese; August 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Default Re: Akthross Total War

great news, cant wait to play this one +rep

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Thank you kindly, returning your rep

hands down! this is wonderful work!

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Bravo mate, excellent work, from a great modder, and a great person

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Looks Awesome Eothese especially the chariots.
    +rep to you for all the hard work and dedication.

Thank you all. Part 2 has finished uploading so I hope you all enjoy and will give me your feedback.
    Last edited by Eothese; December 10, 2010 at 05:39 PM.

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Your sir are an inspiration. All the best and I will hopefully get the chance to play this soon.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

so you released a mod based on your book? that's awesome! i shall download and give my feedback.

edit: just looked at the pictures, and wtf!? chariots? that's even more awesome!
    Last edited by Yuko; December 10, 2010 at 08:59 PM.

Judging from your work on Thera, I expect nothing less than a masterpiece!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

This looks great! I think it would be great if you put up a list of factions and a basic description. +Rep, and congrats on the release!

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Looks great! Downloading now. Tell you what I think of it.

Huene's Avatar Aimless Wanderer

just gave it a quick glance over. it looks good but rough. writing faction descriptions and removing vanilla faction symbols would make it alot more polished. good work though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Huene View Post
    just gave it a quick glance over. it looks good but rough. writing faction descriptions and removing vanilla faction symbols would make it alot more polished. good work though!!
    I agree it's still rough hewn, but I set myself a deadline and decided file trimming was more important on the last day, I reduced the total file size by over 200mb. Changing faction symbols is on the list of things to do, but that also means changing banners to match and that in turn means reskinning all the vanilla shields etc. A lot of work for one person and to be honest I felt I was nearing burn out, hence my self imposed deadline and the beta release.
    I will continue to work on things, hopefully at a slightly more relaxed pace, and will update the OP with links to amended files.

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment, any and all input is welcome.

great work
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Thanks, I've added an attachment to the first post containing some basic campaign descriptions.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Thanks for all the hard work. Downloading.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

nice mod

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

no music on campaign map makes me a sad panda... apart from that and the fact that i cant play as all the factions, this is a really fun mod, the map is nice and the positions are balanced.

I'll check out the music situation, and attach a fix asap, which faction are you using? Thanks for the quick feedback.
    Last edited by Eothese; December 11, 2010 at 11:29 AM.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast