Thread: New PC Gamer Article on Multiplayer/Clan System...

Default New PC Gamer Article on Multiplayer/Clan System...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/10/shogun-2-multiplayer-tested-clan-warfare-comes-to-total-war/

Discuss... just came out!

Check this...

"The big-brain genius of this is that your general and army don’t represent a one-man crusade, rampaging across the map like a plague of armoured locusts with bonkers hats. You play as part of a clan, and the territory you conquer on your version of the campaign map tallies points towards the clan total. Moreover, clan leaders can direct their members to specific provinces on the map by placing a marker on that province. This becomes visible on each clan-member’s campaign map. You don’t see your fellow clansmen’s armies on the map, but through the use of various overlays, you can track territorial losses and gains, stronghold areas, point-tallies and general ownership."

some clarity here... and boy it sounds sweet!!!

there is so much more too... just read it!!!
    Last edited by Ragga; December 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM.

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Default Re: New PC Gamer Article on Multiplayer...

Last edited by totalwar-zone; December 10, 2010 at 12:31 PM.
    Empire Total war Symbolic

*sigh*

Edit - oooh hold on, managed to find the actual new article now, maybe the OP should post the link as:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/10/sh...-to-total-war/

rather than just the link to the pcgamer site
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Thanks for the new link... a tw player

Very interesting about Clans... so i wonder how many ppl can be in each clan, or is it unlimited? and how often is it reset... i know they said something about 2weeks... but that cant be for this, can it? it seems too short!

none the less... interesting idea. everyone is in a clan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragga View Post
    Thanks for the new link... a tw player

Very interesting about Clans... so i wonder how many ppl can be in each clan, or is it unlimited? and how often is it reset... i know they said something about 2weeks... but that cant be for this, can it? it seems too short!

none the less... interesting idea. everyone is in a clan!!!
    No problem

Yes, multiplayer does look VERY interesting indeed, it seems that CA have solved the conundrum of how to have MPCs between more than 2 players, bypassing the time constraint which would mean MPCs would take an age for everyone to make their turns
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Default Re: New PC Gamer Article on Multiplayer/Clan System...

The Clan player maximum has no Limit at yet. Maybe when its released, but who knows. From Reset i read nothing. Is it a fact? I´ve read that CA plans a league with ascent / descent. Every league has one Japan map with 65 Provinces and 30 clans.
    Empire Total war Symbolic

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Groan. I was just getting so excited with SP, now its topped with this new info on the MP, makes me more inclined to actually try MP after playing Total War without ever touching it.

Time to make my new MP Clan, the Otaku Clan, accepting all campers, irate players, rage quitters, noobs, single unit spammers etc. Swore and accept me as your liege lord and you will become my vassals, retainers. Also your limited to what Mon I choose, color for the clan is blue, also your not allowed any other clans to use other than the Date Clan. We'll roll from the East in the Sendai Domain. We'll prey on the Uesugi Clan players, with 1 unit spams of Nodachi or Yari Cavalry, we'll have 1 unit duels with the Takeda, then when its going there way, we just spam that winning Takeda kensai with arrows. Because thats how the Otaku Clan rolls. We shall unite ALL UNDER HEAVEN.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Now the real question is Will it be only a 1v1 each time for each battle for the province. Or will there be a system where a clan member can drop in for like reinforcements or something like random 2v2 3v3 4v4 id like to see the reinforment system implemented on this would be awsome. Or it would even be better if you can see a fellow clansmen on the campaign map dukeing it out and needs help and it can turn into a 2v1 or 2v3 3v1 4v3 you get the picture.

Now this would be even more exciteing lets say 4 clans are fighting for the same province would be cool to see 2v2v2v2 type battles. I can go on forever on the possabilitys.
    Last edited by stradar1; December 10, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

So let’s get the simple stuff out of the way: you can match up for man-on-man battles, pitching your army against a fellow-player’s, which is no less than you’d expect. A nice addition to this is that you can unit-share with a pal who may not be in a battle of his own, and invite him to command selected units from your army.
    this is a good feature and was present in Myth in 1996...

as far as they have solved the time problem to make MPC's for more than 1 v 1, i'll believe it when i see it. that article seems like it has simply introduced match making for the MPC, so you can drop in and fight vs. a human, but you guys aren't actually playing the same campaign against a steady, specific opponent.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

I dont think it will work to well if its only 1v1 every darn time lets hope its not!
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Very unclear preview - did they just say sharing units is available in normal multiplayer or is he just talking about coop without mentioning it....
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Really looking forward to seeing the mutiplayer options in this game, just wish my friends played this game. My friends in real life either don't care much for gaming/these types games or do like them but don't have/won't get a pc that can play it. My online gaming friends either don't like this type of game or hate steam enough that they won't get any games that come out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenon View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing the mutiplayer options in this game, just wish my friends played this game. My friends in real life either don't care much for gaming/these types games or do like them but don't have/won't get a pc that can play it. My online gaming friends either don't like this type of game or hate steam enough that they won't get any games that come out on it.
    Steam really isnt that bad I have lots of games on steam never a issue plus my games are on there forever never wurrie about a scratch or loseing the cd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    Steam really isnt that bad I have lots of games on steam never a issue plus my games are on there forever never wurrie about a scratch or loseing the cd!!!
    I don't think I can convince them they really diehard hate it, I think they might give up gaming altogether rather than use it. I don't like it but for Total War, I'll put up with it, but for anything else I think I would resist it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenon View Post
    I don't think I can convince them they really diehard hate it, I think they might give up gaming altogether rather than use it. I don't like it but for Total War, I'll put up with it, but for anything else I think I would resist it.
    To each his own